iPad keeps being sent to App Store
Jan 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
More and more lately I've been accessing the web from my iPad. Recently I've noticed when I'm on a HeadFi page, all of a sudden I'm sent to the App Store to a page for some silly game. At first I thought it was due to an errant finger, but now I'm pretty sure that this is happening automatically.

Anyone else notice this? I've only had it happen to me on HeadFi.

se

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 5
More and more lately I've been accessing the web from my iPad. Recently I've noticed when I'm on a HeadFi page, all of a sudden I'm sent to the App Store to a page for some silly game. At first I thought it was due to an errant finger, but now I'm pretty sure that this is happening automatically.

Anyone else notice this? I've only had it happen to me on HeadFi.

se

Same here.  I did not click anything on my iPad, it just sent me there...................

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Thought so. Man, the things that hucksters like Huddler (the company that manages the advertising here) will resort to just to try and make a buck. Sad.

se

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 5
It's more likely that some code in an advert was causing the problem (which may not be under the control of anyone who runs the site and could be the result of a malicious advertiser). If you could tell us what app came up, that would help a lot. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back