iPad-Fi
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #526 of 623
Download Streattome for the iPhone.  Playing around with it now.  Seems to work pretty, good.  I've used Remote on the iPhone for some time.

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #527 of 623
If the new nano works well as a watch, the ipad can function as a clock on the wall 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #528 of 623

Quote:
If the new nano works well as a watch, the ipad can function as a clock on the wall 
bigsmile_face.gif

I use mine as a digital picture frame, instead of a Kodak frame like my wife uses at work.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #529 of 623
I bought a 64gb wifi version. Really enjoying it. Got an otterbox commuter case for it which I really like as well. I was afraid I wouldn't use my Macbook Pro anymore, but they just have different purposes. It has been a perfect traveling companion as well!

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #531 of 623
I am thinking of getting an Ipad as a replacement for pads of paper. I am thinking of using it to take notes during conference calls and meetings. Also if I have a great idea, I would like to draw concepts and diagrams. I am thinking of using a stylus to write normally like I do with pen and paper. Is the resolution of the Ipad good enough to take handwriting strokes with a stylus? What apps do you use for this purpose??? Thanks

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #532 of 623
I'm not sure about actually "writing" on the iPad, but I'm sure it's possible. I have a few drawing programs, so I can attest to the screen sensitivity. Others can chime in with specifics. There are a ton of productivity apps so you shouldn't have a problem there. I'm trying to think of a particular one, it's for brainstorming, and some absolutely swear by it. You can make diagrams, whatever. I'll try to think of it. It might be a good idea to check out the app store before you take the plunge just to make sure, though.

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #534 of 623

Quote:
I am thinking of getting an Ipad as a replacement for pads of paper. I am thinking of using it to take notes during conference calls and meetings. Also if I have a great idea, I would like to draw concepts and diagrams. I am thinking of using a stylus to write normally like I do with pen and paper. Is the resolution of the Ipad good enough to take handwriting strokes with a stylus? What apps do you use for this purpose??? Thanks

I actually bought a wireless bluetooth keyboard from apple for taking notes in class, and it works very well. Its small and compact, and along with the iPad has completely replaced pen and paper.

I came across a good stylus which worked well with capacitive screens, I believe it was called pogo stylus or something like that..

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #535 of 623
I really do not want to use a keyboard since I am currently using my Palm TX to take handwritten notes. I just need something bigger with more writing space per page.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #536 of 623
Phatware makes WritePad, don't know how good it is it's $10

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #538 of 623
Thanks, that's what I was looking for though it seems like Penultimate might be easier to use:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penultimate/id354098826?mt=8#

Thanks all for your help. I am going to buy an IPad then.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I like Note Taker HD, but to be honest, I have not used it very often.  It will let you pick an area between the lines and then write in bigger letters and it will shrink to fill that space.  It takes a while to get used to it, but I think it may be what you are looking for.  

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/note-taker-hd/id366572045?mt=8

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #539 of 623
I think the iPad is heat sensitive, so if you want to jot notes down with a stylus, that's a no go. But as a keyboard or with your finger it may work.

EDIT: Apparently not? My iPod touch is. How lame.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #540 of 623
They're all heat sensitive, you have to use specific styluses like the Pogo ones for iPhones/iPads/iPods. Penultimate looks great for taking quick notes, although I'd probably use a bluetooth keyboard for anything extensive... which I probably will come Q1 when iPad 2 comes out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back