iPad-Fi
May 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #242 of 623
I guess in a backpack or a shoulder bag, but if you fell on it you'd REALLY damage it. It's a huge slab of glass... there's no reason to jog with it. 

Quote:
do you think it is possible to jog with ipad? even though it is big. to put it in an over the shoulder bag? or backpack type holder?

May 18, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #245 of 623
Quote:
do you think it is possible to jog with ipad? even though it is big. to put it in an over the shoulder bag? or backpack type holder?

Just fyi, I use an over the shoulder bag all the time, and I use it for walking and some hiking, but I wouldn't recommend it for jogging. Having those bags over one shoulder when you can't easily swap sides during a run can pull your shoulder a bit or pinch a nerve since they don't sit evenly. I've had it happen and sometimes you don't notice till the next day.

One of the reasons I got the ipad though is because I do use the bag daily, and it does fit.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #246 of 623
Just wanted to add that I picked up a black Fiio E1 and it is a great accessory for the iPad.  I was very impressed with the SQ.  Doesn't change the overall sound of the iPad too much (which is a good thing) but gives it some nice bass and the soundstage is really improved.  Plus the remote is great.  Turns any set of headphones, even full size into an inline iPad remote.  I also like that it takes the strain off the headphone out if you are using full size phones.

I have been matching it up with a set of MDR-V6s which sound great, for when you want to sit outside and block out any exterior noise.

May 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #247 of 623
I held out long enough after using my neighbors and friends and decided to get one problem was Houston was
sold out of 32g wi-fi model so placed my order online impatiently waiting. They are not for everyone but it will fit
mine and the wife's needs and everything else it will not do the MBP will handle that.

May 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #248 of 623
*Moderator Edit to remove links to deleted posts*

I'm using mine for meetings and to access mail, clinical software, databases, etc. securely using the citrix client and jump desktop, without carrying a laptop. It's so much nicer to carry around than a laptop and lasts a lot longer too. Even without a lot of robust productivity apps out there, it's shaping up to become the best mobile thin client to date (after the fall OS update).

I'll admit, I bought it at first because I'm a geek, I get gadget lust (like most head-fiers), and I have a distinct personal interest in new user interfaces, which means I really wanted to be able to watch the first viable large touch device on the market evolve. But what I found was that it was surprisingly practical and useful for work, and now that higher-ups have seen it in action I have some on order through work as well.

May 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #249 of 623
By the way, of note for anyone debating the ipad vs a netbook for remote access - though the biggest downside of the ipad may be the mouse input, I think the slightly larger screen and the ability to pinch-zoom or pan on anything very quickly more than makes up for it. It makes remoting to higher-than-local-resolution screens far more practical than on a netbook. Plus, the mouse support is improving with every revision of the various remote software apps. Using the screen touch-pad style is pretty dang seamless, and I hope more apps add this method as an option.

May 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #250 of 623
I essentially manage a render farm at my company, and use logmein extensively on the iPad. It's head and shoulders above the desktop iterations, and I actually prefer my iPad for any sort of remote management. Pinching and zooming is king on apple devices; using it to get around a bigger monitor is indeed infinitely easier than on a net book or laptop. I can have a huge screen resolution to keep tons of stuff open for my checking and parusal later, then just pinch and zoom to what I need. It's a revolution.

Hell, I even manage systems remotely on the 3G since it works so well.

Sincerely I can tell you that this device can be one of productivity. I'm nearly as fast at typing on it as I am on a conventional keyboard, so I can take notes faster than anyone by hand in any meeting. In addition, many production companies are switching to h264 so I can check out nearly any media sent to me on the go.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #252 of 623
I totally agree w/ Mercuttio. I use it primarily for productivity (although my wife laughs at that statement, because at home, all she sees is me listening to music and surfing the web). I use it all day as a calendar and contact manager, which is synced to my office computer, healthcare apps, remote control of my laptop at the office using logmein, corkulous to manage to do lists and projects. I often ride my bike to work, I used to carry my laptop in my backpack, but it was a back breaker, so I had to get an extra pannier bag just for the laptop; I now put this in my backpack, and am hardly even aware the iPad is in my backpack!

But no, I wouldn't go jogging with it ... it's more something you throw in your briefcase or backpack to carry around during the day, like you would your papers and books (or, more and more, in PLACE of your papers and books!).

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #253 of 623
I actually use the 3G so much that I'm gonna keep my unlimited subscription to it. For streaming media and checking out showreels / work remotely, nothing beats this device. It's seriously an advertising person's best friend, especially when you can plunk it down between people and use it simultaneously with them.

Jun 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #254 of 623
LOD question for iPad users that also have iPhones.

I just ordered an iPhone 4 and I'm wondering which of my various iPhone 3G cables will still work.  I figure that most cables that work w/ iPad 'may' work w/ the iPhone 4.

The reason I ask on this thread is because if a 3G cable/dock works on the iPad, I'm hoping it does the same for the iPhone 4.  Haven't read anything about changes to the dock connector.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #255 of 623
If you look at the picture chart for compatibility it shows it fitting both.http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA591G/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOQ&mco=MTA4NDc4NTY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back