invisibleSHIELD
Feb 13, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #31 of 41
When I applied my BSE, I needed only my fingers to smooth the skin out and get the bubbles out. My screen looks really good and the BSE is hardly noticeable. I have done this on different types of players.

Does your applied skin look as good as the skin still left on the paper backing? It should look no different.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #32 of 41
it looks like it's all scratched up. Very noticeable spots all over the screen. I think I'm going to email them about this, because from what you're saying, I shouldn't notice anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IpaqMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I applied my BSE, I needed only my fingers to smooth the skin out and get the bubbles out. My screen looks really good and the BSE is hardly noticeable. I have done this on different types of players.

Does your applied skin look as good as the skin still left on the paper backing? It should look no different.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my BSE today, and I applied it according to the directions onto my ZVM.
After about two hours, it doesn't look very good at all. The screen looks kind of scratched and grimy, and the material seems to have stretched on the lower piece when using the credit card method they suggest, leaving a 'bubble' that wouldn't move. I barely applied any pressure to it, too...

Will this eventually go away, or do I need to complain to them? I read on their site that it will start to look better after a day or two. Will this actually happen?
Right now it is really upsetting to look at. I didn't spend $7.50 on something to make my screen look worse. There's not a single scratch on the unit itself, and I made sure it was completely clean when I applied the skin.

pyro, sorry to be mean, but you really should have read the first page and heeded my hard-learned words. windex is the way to go. i've followed the stock instructions for both the BSE and IS and soapy water ALWAYS ends up with bubbles, streaks, tears (as in my salty ones) and sometimes even me ripping it off in shreds. windex never ever gave me a hint of a prob.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #34 of 41
I tried windex first. It wouldn't go on well for me, so I resorted to the soapy water. Am I supposed to literally soak it in windex and let some the majority drip off, then apply it?
I sent them an e-mail about my issue a couple minutes ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pyro, sorry to be mean, but you really should have read the first page and heeded my hard-learned words. windex is the way to go. i've followed the stock instructions for both the BSE and IS and soapy water ALWAYS ends up with bubbles, streaks, tears (as in my salty ones) and sometimes even me ripping it off in shreds. windex never ever gave me a hint of a prob.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #35 of 41
thats pretty much what i did on the 3 occasions i've installed the BSE. dip it completely into a small dish of windex and let it drip off before applying it. the windex on top of it lets a credit card slide across and smooth out bubbles without causing stretching. was the top of yours dry when you pressed out bubbles? i could see that causing some issues.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats pretty much what i did on the 3 occasions i've installed the BSE. dip it completely into a small dish of windex and let it drip off before applying it. the windex on top of it lets a credit card slide across and smooth out bubbles without causing stretching. was the top of yours dry when you pressed out bubbles? i could see that causing some issues.

Yeah, I believe it was mostly dry.
Maybe their instructions should be revised on their website as well? Maybe I'll email them again tomorrow and suggest that.

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #37 of 41
just did mine , i don't think i did a very good job ;p
there are white streaks like , and some tiny bubble clusters . the annoying thing is the bubbles weren't there at first or i would have smoothed them , they appeared later ;p
i'm starting to think maybe i should have just kept the creative cover

edit:
ok it dried out and the white streaks are gone and it looks good for those parts. still got those tiny bubbles that formed later at some part of the screen that are multicolored(distorting the light) maybe some liquid got caught or something . anyhow i guess i'll suffer with them , they're on the upper side of the screen so it's less noticeable
edit2:
after contacting BSE they said they will send another skin for me to reapply , great service
smily_headphones1.gif
hope this time will be better.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #38 of 41
So earlier this week I got my replacement from BSE, and of course used Jahn's suggestion of Windex. It went on absolutely perfect. Here's how I did it for any others that want to know (in detail).
1: Pour some windex into a bowl. You don't need too much. I used a plate with very curved sides.
2: Wet your fingers, peel it off the paper, and absolutely saturate the skin. I completely soaked it, getting both sides wet. Make sure you keep track of which side is which.
3: Make sure you have a rag. Hold the skin up over the rag, and let a bunch of the windex gather up at the bottom. Then just tap it down on the rag, and alot will just come off.
4: Place the skin on the player. Get rid of any bubbles. (I had none with windex)
5: As I waited, the front started to look kinda gross because the windex was drying. I got a bit of water on my finger and started running it over the top, making sure none of it was under the skin.
6: Let it sit, checking on it occasionally to check for any possible bubbles or issues.
7: Fold over the sides.
And now you're done!!

Good luck!

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #39 of 41
i have a BSE (http://bestskinsever.com) on my Sansa, and my only complaint is some bubbles near the edges. screen quality is great. the bubbles are there because i kinda rushed it. anyways, they're only like 5 bucks

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a BSE (http://bestskinsever.com) on my Sansa, and my only complaint is some bubbles near the edges. screen quality is great. the bubbles are there because i kinda rushed it. anyways, they're only like 5 bucks

Yes, that is what I used. I forgot to put that in, and now it's there.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you email them, you should be able to get a replacement if it hasn't been too long since your purchase.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats strange jahn, i had no problems whatsoever with using soap and water...went on fine and looks amazing on my 2g nano, no bubbles whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back