invisibleSHIELD
Feb 1, 2007 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

nibiyabi

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.shieldzone.com/

Anyone ever heard of them? I would do it for my beloved iMod because I want it to last forever, but if it's a sham I don't want to bother. Then again, it's less than $30 to buy the skin for my iMod but still . . .
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 41
My friend had one. It works quite well from what I've seen.

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 41
I initially installed a full body shield on my 5G IPod and now have one on my Samsung Blackjack phone. They are somewhat of a pain to install but I really like the results. Can't say that I've really tested the shield for it's strengths as I haven't done any really damage to either unit.

If you have the patients to install, go for it.

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 41
i've used the IS on both my then 4G 60GB iPod photo and 1G Nano. the fit for some reason didn't fill all the sides of the 4G (the skin i ordered was supposed to fit the 60GB version); corners dont count because they're not covered by default.

I had a better fit for the 1G nano, 99.5% of the iPod was covered (of course save for the corners). This time it was much easier to put on (less than 10 minutes -- compared to nearly 1/2 hour for the 4G)

~~but the price is very sketchy. if my local Apple store carried BSE, I'd buy that instead...<$10!

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 41
I've had one on my Nano for over a year and it still looks great. It took some time and patience to install but it was worth it.
I'm pretty careful not to drop it because I don't use a case, I just put it in my pocket. Just remember this thing protects from scratches but it's not as safe as using a case.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 41
use Best Skins Ever instead - same material, third of the cost, cut to fit better. plus, this stuff is really easy to install with the following-

1) peel it off.

2) hose the sticky side down with WINDEX.

3) shake off the stuff.

4) apply.

5) smooth out the bubbles

6) when it gets tacky, fold up the sides.

done!

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 41
I picked one up at Macworld and it's allowed me to ditch the case I was using and to attach my iPod to my amp. Well worth it in my book. As others said a little difficult to put on.

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use Best Skins Ever instead - same material, third of the cost, cut to fit better. plus, this stuff is really easy to install with the following-

1) peel it off.

2) hose the sticky side down with WINDEX.

3) shake off the stuff.

4) apply.

5) smooth out the bubbles

6) when it gets tacky, fold up the sides.

done!

Has anyone side by side compared whether it's the same material? I got a IS for my 5G iPod, and now I'm looking for a screen protector for my Rebel XT. Unfortunately, IS wants like 10 or 15 bucks for the skin and like 8 dollars for shipping. The shipping is what really kills the deal for me as that's a complete rip off. 8 bucks for probably a buck worth of shipping and materials really burns me up..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #11 of 41
We don't have Windex, so that rules out BSE (obviously we have glass cleaner though! Just not sure if I've ever seen Windex.). But I hate hate hate hate hate hate these screen protector peel-on things. They never go on right, and there's always some bubble that you can't get to go away, and it's just such a pain in the @ss with such shoddy results. I've tried just about every brand, and it ain't just me, because my sure-handed husband can't do it either. Maybe we have higher expectations of the meaning of invisible, maybe we just suck, I dunno.

For a gadget nut, screen protectors are a way of life, but I hate them with a passion.

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone side by side compared whether it's the same material? I got a IS for my 5G iPod, and now I'm looking for a screen protector for my Rebel XT. Unfortunately, IS wants like 10 or 15 bucks for the skin and like 8 dollars for shipping. The shipping is what really kills the deal for me as that's a complete rip off. 8 bucks for probably a buck worth of shipping and materials really burns me up..
very_evil_smiley.gif

they are indeed the same. how do i know? i have both on my ipod at the same time lol! diff ones on the back/top. anyhow, the old BSE was definitely thinner and not as good. the new BSE is identical - nice and beefy.

Windex is just normal glass cleaner. it's fine, it won't kill the finish of the ipod, i promise! go for it!

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are indeed the same. how do i know? i have both on my ipod at the same time lol! diff ones on the back/top. anyhow, the old BSE was definitely thinner and not as good. the new BSE is identical - nice and beefy.

Windex is just normal glass cleaner. it's fine, it won't kill the finish of the ipod, i promise! go for it!

Ditto, i have it on my 5G iPod right now, and I used Windex. Just don't be overkill with the Windex stuff; it will easily fry the iPod!

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #15 of 41
I have a BSE on my razr and it's great. I also got one of their diy kits and made screen protectors for the 2-way remotes for my car. I am getting 2 zen vision:m's and have 2 BSE's on order for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back