invisibleSHIELD
Feb 2, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #16 of 41
Looks like I'll have to go with IS. BSE doesn't have 4G iPod covers.
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 41
I have a question. I'm set on the BSE for my zen vision: m, since I've heard it's great for it.
Should I go for the full skin or just the face skin? I think I'm going to go with the full considering it's only $2 more.

I know I'm thinking way into the future considering I haven't received it yet, but should I ever have to replace a dying battery in the future, would I have to remove part/most of the the skin first?

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #18 of 41
The back surface of the zen isn't very prone to scratching, so if you wish to skimp, like what i did, just get the front cover.

Currently, after about 4 weeks, my zvm looks like new and there are no scratches at all on the back side. (I've had this zvm for over 5 months now.)

The player will be a lot more 'grippy' if you do apply the back cover, which can be good to prevent accidents, if you're paranoid like that...

Some people do not apply the touchpad piece too, from what I've seen. Skimping is good.

Also, if you do not get a perfect application, do not hesitate to email the BSE peoples. They will be very prompt to replace your BSE.

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #19 of 41
what exactly is the windex supposed to do? i think i'll order the face skin from BSE for my future zen.
also 6) when it gets tacky, fold up the sides. <-- what exactly does that mean? what sides to fold and what does it mean when it gets tacky ^^
and Joberthong ,they will just replace for free if you don't apply it well?

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #20 of 41
the manufacturers recommend soapy water. but that takes forever to dry, and you get way too many air pockets that way. windex is slippery enough to get on there and dry quick with no air bubbles if you work quick - plus, any fingerprints on the sticky side from your fingers get wiped away by the windex.

tacky means sticky. for both the soap way and windex way, the sides won't stay on because the back hasn't dried yet. if you try, the back will lift up, and bingo more air bubbles. the better way is just to put the back on nicely, and by the time the back is set, the sides should be a bit drier and sticky so you just press them against the sides and they will stick.

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #21 of 41
Yes, they will replace it for free upon request. (Though how many times you can do this I am not sure of...) I emailed them stating that there were permanent marks on the adhesive side, and that i was not very satisfied with the application. The shipping of the replacement was even speedier than original.

BSE's customer service certainly rivals that of the invisible shield's warranty, especially for the lower price.

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #23 of 41
oh one more question , since you're supposed to put the shield on the unit front itself ,including the touch pad , how exactly does that work in terms of how it feels?
wouldn't it be uncomfortable to have some slippery plastic type on it ?

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #24 of 41
Does the face skin cover the sides, or is that the back part?
I might be putting a case on top of it anyways. I think I might get the full skin anyways just to make sure it's completely protected.

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #26 of 41
How do you guys rate its clarity? Does it have anti-glare coat or some sort? How about any distortion of images as viewing? (given the installation is done perfectly)

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #27 of 41
I bought a large roll of this vinyl about 25 years ago to make clear cases for electronic gadgets and to protect screens. It's still usable today. I normally do not use it on PDAs because my stylus tends to grip the screen rather than "write" on the screen. For that application I prefer the special Brando sheets from ipaqrepair.com. This screen has a reusable adhesive and can be moved if it is not placed correctly.

I love the BSE skins because they can be moved DURING application. They glide on the thin film of soapy water / window cleaner, so you can align the skin "perfectly" and with no bubbles if you put in the effort. My Nano and Ipod Video are both BSE'd.

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #28 of 41
I think I'm going to go with the full skin for my zvm. How easy is it to partially/fully remove them in case I need to open it up to replace a battery or something?

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm going to go with the full skin for my zvm. How easy is it to partially/fully remove them in case I need to open it up to replace a battery or something?

I removed the Ipod wheel center skin section a couple of times to "move" it after the adhesive had set. However, the last time, as I worked the edge off, the adhesive stuck to itself and peeled away from the skin. So purchased another skin to use.

BTW, you need to slowly remove the skin, so that it does pull any player coating or paint off. The Ipods do have some coating on the touch wheel but it was not damaged.

Feb 12, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 41
I received my BSE today, and I applied it according to the directions onto my ZVM.
After about two hours, it doesn't look very good at all. The screen looks kind of scratched and grimy, and the material seems to have stretched on the lower piece when using the credit card method they suggest, leaving a 'bubble' that wouldn't move. I barely applied any pressure to it, too...

Will this eventually go away, or do I need to complain to them? I read on their site that it will start to look better after a day or two. Will this actually happen?
Right now it is really upsetting to look at. I didn't spend $7.50 on something to make my screen look worse. There's not a single scratch on the unit itself, and I made sure it was completely clean when I applied the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back