Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review
Apr 30, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #91 of 94
I've been listening to the Monk + earbuds for awhile and love them. Well, I got in a pair of the 32ohm TY earbuds and they sound horrible? Tinny, artificial and no soundstage. I'm hoping it's lack of burn in or maybe I got a fake pair. But, man these things are not good at all. I"m sure that something is off.
Boy...was I ever wrong. After a long time of burning in...Amazing. Just love them.

May 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #92 of 94
love my HE150 and TY150s, I re-terminated the TY 150s with an oyaide plug. Not sure if it helped, I also used a more natural and powerful DAP than the monitor-ish aune m1s.
The sound became less bright, quite neutral to me, balanced V shape with excellent bass and sub, well detailed treble, can compete with 80/160usd earbuds from the competition in my opinion.
Main drawback are the somewhat thin mids, the lack of depth, a bit of resolution loss compare to TOTL. But for the price honestly, it's excellent.

HE150pro is more versatile and forgiving, doesn't scale as much, similar but more laid back, less detailed, I love them if I want a non-pretentious, non fatiguing, neutral tone with smooth deep bass, out of head sound.

They both likes amping... very much...
Also love the look, we need more all-black earphones :ksc75smile:

Would like to see new earbuds from bug guy... f300m was a failure if you read beyond some sponsored reviews. I had 314p which I've found terrible myself...(quickly gave them to a friend) Hope he can get his stuff back together and release some great stuff again

May 2, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #93 of 94
love my HE150 and TY150s, I re-terminated the TY 150s with an oyaide plug. Not sure if it helped, I also used a more natural and powerful DAP than the monitor-ish aune m1s.
The sound became less bright, quite neutral to me, balanced V shape with excellent bass and sub, well detailed treble, can compete with 80/160usd earbuds from the competition in my opinion.
Main drawback are the somewhat thin mids, the lack of depth, a bit of resolution loss compare to TOTL. But for the price honestly, it's excellent.

HE150pro is more versatile and forgiving, doesn't scale as much, similar but more laid back, less detailed, I love them if I want a non-pretentious, non fatiguing, neutral tone with smooth deep bass, out of head sound.

They both likes amping... very much...
Also love the look, we need more all-black earphones :ksc75smile:

Would like to see new earbuds from bug guy... f300m was a failure if you read beyond some sponsored reviews. I had 314p which I've found terrible myself...(quickly gave them to a friend) Hope he can get his stuff back together and release some great stuff again

Apr 19, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #94 of 94
Which TY Hi-Z have the biggest soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back