Introduction of D3( coming soon in June )
May 17, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 11
popcorn.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 11
dare i say this, at the risk of being flamed -
but this appears the be marketed not at us head-fiers, but at the less savvy folks out there who need a "widget" solution.

just for example, the newer Apple TV models only output an HDMI or optical audio signal.
And there are some folks buying an Apple TV who might have an older stereo receiver with only RCA inputs.  
"Uh oh... how do i connect my Apple TV???"

To me, FiiO seem to be promoting it as an apapter.  Not a high end DAC by any measure.
Am i off base here?

I do still find it interesting.  It's a product that fulfills a need...

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
dare i say this, at the risk of being flamed -
but this appears the be marketed not at us head-fiers, but at the less savvy folks out there who need a "widget" solution.

just for example, the newer Apple TV models only output an HDMI or optical audio signal.
And there are some folks buying an Apple TV who might have an older stereo receiver with only RCA inputs.  
"Uh oh... how do i connect my Apple TV???"

To me, FiiO seem to be promoting it as an apapter.  Not a high end DAC by any measure.
Am i off base here?

I do still find it interesting.  It's a product that fulfills a need...

Well, someone will have measure it first.  Price =/= quality.

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #10 of 11
So it's like something we'd expect from Monoprice, but of higher quality. A simple adapter for those of us who NEED an optical to RCA adapter for solutions that don't need a higher quality amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back