Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Nov 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #376 of 613
I'm curious to hear any follow up from owners of both the MA750i and T10i as to how they compare after a bit of burn-in time. I have been sitting on the purchase button on a pair of MA750i's for about two months, waiting for some more reviews of how the T10i's compare. I don't mind spending a bit more on the T10i if they sound substantially better after some burn-in. Those of you with both pairs, do you still find that you prefer the sound of the MA750i?

Thanks for answering.

If you're interested, Newegg currently has the MA750i for $80 shipped, less than half of the price of the T10i.

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #379 of 613
If you're interested, Newegg currently has the MA750i for $80 shipped, less than half of the price of the T10i.

Morning guys,

Thanks for the continued feedback. 

Please note that Newegg is not an authorised retailer of RHA products; we can't guarantee that they are genuine RHA products and they won't be covered by RHA's three year warranty.

Thanks,

RHA Team

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #380 of 613
Morning guys,

Thanks for the continued feedback. 

Please note that Newegg is not an authorised retailer of RHA products; we can't guarantee that they are genuine RHA products and they won't be covered by RHA's three year warranty.

Thanks,

RHA Team

I'm surprised a major online retailer like Newegg is not an authorized dealer of yours.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #381 of 613
I'm surprised a major online retailer like Newegg is not an authorized dealer of yours.

Hi Dinerenblanc,

Newegg aren't currently part of RHA's online retail strategy and haven't been supplied by us, so we can't account for the authenticity or quality of the product. We're looking into it.

Cheers!

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #382 of 613

Hi Dinerenblanc,

Newegg aren't currently part of RHA's online retail strategy and haven't been supplied by us, so we can't account for the authenticity or quality of the product. We're looking into it.

Cheers!

Hi RHA team,

I decided to do some research myself and contact Newegg and this is the answer I got:

System:      How may I assist you today?
       Me:      Hi
       Me:      Hi, I recently contacted RHA,the maker of the MA750i headphones you currently have on sale, and was told that you're not an authorized seller, hence they would not honor their warranty if I were to purchase form your site. Could you please shed some light on this?
       Nelly Z.:      Hi Jeff. Thank you for providing me with that information. I will be more than happy to assist you. May I please have the item number or link?
       Me:      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826901004
       Nelly Z.:      Thank you. Have you placed the order?
       Me      not yet. 
       Nelly Z.:      Rest assure that we are an authorized reseller. RHA provided 1 year warranty for the item. If the item is still under their warranty and they refuse to help you, please feel free to contact us back and we will further assist you.
       Me:      So the warranty is less than the standard 3 years they normally provide?
       Nelly Z.:      They only provided 1 year warranty for the item. We also do not know the detailed information. You may contact them for a timely answer.
       Me:      Thank you.

End conversation.

Seems like there's quite a bit of confusion going on. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #384 of 613
So are there counter-feits floating around?
ph34r.gif

I seriously doubt Newegg is selling counterfeits. They're an established and reputable company, more reputable than RHA I must say. Newegg is essentially the Amazon of electronics.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #385 of 613
  I seriously doubt Newegg is selling counterfeits. They're an established and reputable company, more reputable than RHA I must say. Newegg is essentially the Amazon of electronics.

Hi guys,

Though there may be some confusion at Newegg, we want to reaffirm that they are not an authorised retailer and that we can't verify the state of the product as they have not been supplied by RHA.

Thanks again.

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #387 of 613

yep jst like buy.com( now rakuten) and overstock.com but so where are they getting the stocks from? As RHA confirming they are not authorised seller of RHA then.....

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #388 of 613
yep jst like buy.com( now rakuten) and overstock.com but so where are they getting the stocks from? As RHA confirming they are not authorised seller of RHA then.....

My guess? They bought them wholesale from retailers that couldn't sell them. That's how sites like Overstock stay in business, so it would make sense for Newegg to take a page out of their playbook. Either that or RHA are themselves mistaken.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #389 of 613

I'm curious to hear any follow up from owners of both the MA750i and T10i as to how they compare after a bit of burn-in time.

Rather hastily, I sold my MA750i's a couple of days after receiving my T10i's & I'm wishing I hadn't.

In my opinion the T10i's are more a side-step from the MA750i's than an upgrade - their major advantage being the far better form factor - they're a lot more comfortable than the MA750i's which can be a fiddle to get fitting properly as they're relatively bulky.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I find the T10i's bass hugely overwhelming (& it's showing no signs of settling) which is spoiling the experience for me. The MA750i's have a definite bass lift yes, but they have what I perceive as a gentle 'U'-shaped signature - which adds up to them sounding just warm & solid enough to be forgiving of less than great recordings, but retaining good detail & 'sparkle'.

Also - & it's a minor thing - ergonomically speaking, I prefer the inline control on the MA750i's which has a much deeper depression on the centre button, so it's far easier to navigate the controls when not looking at them.

The T10i's are ok (if you like a lot of bass), but the price makes their predecessors seem like a monumental bargain. I'd get the MA 750i's.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #390 of 613
Rather hastily, I sold my MA750i's a couple of days after receiving my T10i's & I'm wishing I hadn't.

In my opinion the T10i's are more a side-step from the MA750i's than an upgrade - their major advantage being the far better form factor - they're a lot more comfortable than the MA750i's which can be a fiddle to get fitting properly as they're relatively bulky.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I find the T10i's bass hugely overwhelming (& it's showing no signs of settling) which is spoiling the experience for me. The MA750i's have a definite bass lift yes, but they have what I perceive as a gentle 'U'-shaped signature - which adds up to them sounding just warm & solid enough to be forgiving of less than great recordings, but retaining good detail & 'sparkle'.

Also - & it's a minor thing - ergonomically speaking, I prefer the inline control on the MA750i's which has a much deeper depression on the centre button, so it's far easier to navigate the controls when not looking at them.

The T10i's are ok (if you like a lot of bass), but the price makes their predecessors seem like a monumental bargain. I'd get the MA 750i's.

Thanks for sharing!
I have the MA750 and I was thinking about selling it and buy the T10, but after all these experiences I wont. It isnt worth the more than double price for me, the hype was high, but it doesnt seem like the bargain of the century. The bass is emphasized even in the ma750, I really dont want more.
Thanks for the help, saved my money :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back