Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #361 of 613

Morning guys,

Apologies for the delay in replying regarding the AU MSRP - both ourselves and the CC are currently awaiting feedback from the relevant teams.  The official on sale date for Australia is 18th November and we will confirm the MSRP as soon as we can. 

Dinerenblanc - can I ask what your query was regarding? Our CC team generally offer a first response within 24 hours of a submission. If you want to PM us your name and email address used on the ticket we'll get them to investigate the cause of the delay.

Thanks for your understanding.

I will also like to know why the AU MSRP is at $299, this explains why I am trying everything to buy these from amazon or from RHA itself. 

Thanks

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #362 of 613
Got these in today and I have to say, they're very nice looking.  First impressions, I felt that I preferred the sound of the MA-750i more right off the bat.  First few tracks with the default reference filters sounded ok, nothing spectacular, I have a feeling these may require some burn in, so I'll hold out until then.  The soundstage sounded slightly wider than the 750s and the bass with the standard reference filters sounded good, so can't imagine how the bass ones sound!

Noticed they are also more difficult to put on than the 750s, but once you've got them secured, the fit is the same - comfy and secure.

Mixed feelings straight out the box I'm afraid compared to the immediate appreciation of the 750s straight out the box.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #363 of 613
First impressions, I felt that I preferred the sound of the MA-750i more right off the bat... I have a feeling these may require some burn in, so I'll hold out until then.

Got mine yesterday & I mostly agree with Thesonofkrypton. Despite their reputation, I find the MA750i's to be beautifully well-rounded & solid-sounding rather than bass-heavy, but straight-from-the-box, the T10i's most definitely are - & it's too overwhelming. A shame as everything else is well executed with better spatial information than the MA750i's. Where the interchangeable filter tips are concerned, the dominant bass presides regardless of choice, negating their usefulness - & I can't imagine anyone choosing to lift the bass presence even further anyway.

The tooling & manufacturing costs in developing the T10i's shells clearly account for their elevated price - which is fair enough - and the improvement in comfort over their predecessors is worthwhile - but as yet, there's minimal gain in sonic performance. Unfortunately, the net effect is to make the MA750i's seem even more of a bargain than they already are.

All that said, my previous experience with dynamic drivers makes me confident the bass will substantially improve with use & that the T10i's will replace the MA750i's as my go-to iem's for use with my i-devices.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #364 of 613
The bass definitely settled down from my experience. Also try the treble filter and as crazy as it sounds use tips that are slightly on the looser side versus tight fit. I find I get much better sound if I don't have a traditional IEM fit.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #365 of 613
I think you have hit the nail on the head there MrT in that the 750s are now a absolute bargain price for what you get sonically.  Best in class in my opinion.  I have a feeling I will prefer the 750s in the long run, as they're more well rounded as you said.  I also noted that the plastic cover for the remote bit is different on the T10i, it has a more velvety kind of feel to it and collects lint from initial inspection - much better covering and tactile feel on the 750 model in my opinion.

It would always be a challenge for any company trying to supersede the 750s gorgeous sound with a new model.  Been listening for a good few hours now and I'm not 100% convinced just yet... 

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #366 of 613
  Got these in today and I have to say, they're very nice looking.  First impressions, I felt that I preferred the sound of the MA-750i more right off the bat.  First few tracks with the default reference filters sounded ok, nothing spectacular, I have a feeling these may require some burn in, so I'll hold out until then.  The soundstage sounded slightly wider than the 750s and the bass with the standard reference filters sounded good, so can't imagine how the bass ones sound!

Noticed they are also more difficult to put on than the 750s, but once you've got them secured, the fit is the same - comfy and secure.

Mixed feelings straight out the box I'm afraid compared to the immediate appreciation of the 750s straight out the box.

The 750s are really hard to beat at that price point, especially considering the quality of product that RHA has put together.  I remember thinking the entire time I was opening up the package and trying on the headphones, I kept thinking, "wow what a deal" -- premium construction, beefy cable, spring strain relief, aluminum card holding the extra buds, case.  

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #367 of 613
crazy as it sounds use tips that are slightly on the looser side versus tight fit. I find I get much better sound if I don't have a traditional IEM fit.

Think you're right here - I'm sure the overblown bass I'm experiencing with the T10i's is partly down to a more substantial seal than I got with the 750i's. Those that found the 750i's too bassy were probably getting a 'perfect' seal.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #370 of 613
Was wondering if it had something to do with MP3/AAC quality.

I'll need to try some high quality recordings or maybe a CD in my laptop and see if that makes a difference.

Reason I wondered if it was a characteristic of the T10i is that I can't remember hearing it on the 750i s on on my Sennheiser Momentums.

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #371 of 613
I received mine on Tuesday and so far enjoying them, though I do hope the bass settles down a bit more than now - they seem okay for most of the times,
but every now and then the bass really dominates.

This is the first IEM that included foam tips, and I quite like them. I have a question to those with extra tips: do Comply foam tips fit T50i well?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #372 of 613
Was wondering if it had something to do with MP3/AAC quality.

I'll need to try some high quality recordings or maybe a CD in my laptop and see if that makes a difference.

Reason I wondered if it was a characteristic of the T10i is that I can't remember hearing it on the 750i s on on my Sennheiser Momentums.

I don't think it really matters. Sibilance is is prevalent in all resolutions. It's probably less likely for you to encounter sibilance in low-res files since they have less detail. What matters is how it was recorded. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #373 of 613
The bass definitely settled down from my experience. Also try the treble filter and as crazy as it sounds use tips that are slightly on the looser side versus tight fit. I find I get much better sound if I don't have a traditional IEM fit.

My theory of why this works with these IEMs is because of the bass leakage when you're not getting a perfect seal. If I do get a perfect seal, the bass is oh so prominent. I love my bass - and when I received them I immediately took off the treble filters and put on the reference filters, thinking that I would eventually try the bass filters out because I listen to lots of modern music where bass is a key factor. But, as soon as I put them in my ears, I opted for the treble filters again. The bass on these is booming - quite overwhelming. We'll see how I adjust with further listening. BTW, not much sibilance here (LG G3>FLAC>T10).

EDIT: more to come.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #375 of 613

I'm curious to hear any follow up from owners of both the MA750i and T10i as to how they compare after a bit of burn-in time. I have been sitting on the purchase button on a pair of MA750i's for about two months, waiting for some more reviews of how the T10i's compare. I don't mind spending a bit more on the T10i if they sound substantially better after some burn-in. Those of you with both pairs, do you still find that you prefer the sound of the MA750i?

Thanks for answering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back