Introducing the Samsung YP-P2: Lets hope it sounds as good as it looks!
Aug 17, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well goodluck all you wishers. i have d2, meizu m6 and heard all sorts of samsungs - i have yet to be impressed. i hope it works for some of you!

hello. since you have both the D2 and M6, maybe you can comment on this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...71#post3196971

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 29
Nice looking player

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #20 of 29
Pretty mesmerizing video. If Samsung can deliver this with 8 GB or more (preferably 16 GB), it would be one player I won't mind paying the premium for.

Aug 18, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #23 of 29
The only problem with this device at this stage is there are a lot of ifs. I would love to see the final specs and price in the US. That would tell me a lot about if I want to buy one. I do agree though, it is a gorgeous player.

Aug 18, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 29
Samsung will introduce their new players at IFA 2007 in Berlin (August 31 to September 5) so let's keep our eyes and ears open. The P2 will also be released along side other players: the S5, which is a thinner K5 with bumped memory upto 8gigs; and the T10 which is basically a K3 but with candy colors and java games.

I'm kinda surprised Samsung is behind on the memory capacity trend when they are supplying memory drives to various companies. The iAudio Cowon will be announcing at IFA their 16gig iAudio 7 and the D2 will be bumped to 8gigs. Who knows what Jobs new nanos capacities would be around the corner this September or October. I surely wish the P2 would come with an extension memory slot and retained the ogg support their older players carried. As a consolation, this will be an MSC device which might work with transfering files on the fly from and to an external hard drive, correct me is this is not possible.

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... it's probably the most beautiful, most functional player I've ever seen.
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it also has physical buttons, like the D2 has, then exercising shouldn't be a problem, although it'd be a bit large for my liking.

Its got touch interface.
mad.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Samsung YP-Z5 has very good SQ.
If this one has the same, it's a winner.
8GB too, yummy.

i LOVE my Z5 to death!
lambda.gif

god its an amazing player
shame is, on mine i broke the screen
frown.gif
it still works and i have to put up with it
tongue.gif

but the sound quality is fantastic
tongue.gif

and its only 4GB

when this thing comes out imm sooooo getting one
8GB perfect for me, 3.1 inch screen, movies
its like a zune, but skinnier and less storage cos its flash
I WANT
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #29 of 29
Holy.......... they just need to market it more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back