Introducing the latest LEAR Titanium driver Custom In-ear Monitors -A1d Ti!
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lear-hk

Sponsor: LEAR
xlarge.jpg

LEAR is setting the new standard! With our new breakthrough after the LEAR A1d MKII that brings a higher quality sound !

With a reasonable price,our top-notch one dynamic driver earphones - LEAR A1d Ti Universal & Custom Fits are both available now!

​
 ​

A1d Ti was developed based on the footsteps of our renowned patented A1d MKII, such as:
  • Patented 270º sound tuning design
  • Precisely crafted metal sound coupler
  • Metal tubing
  • LEAR C8 wire (silver plated pure copper cables)
  • German Viablue high-end 4% lead-free silver tin soldering

Ti is the chemical symbol for Titanium,representing our latest titanium diaphragm dynamic driver in the earphones.
The driver in the A1d Ti has a full-frequency impedance of 16 Ohm, matching its sensitivity to multi-drivers balanced armature earphones driven on a daily setting of smartphones with a low THD(Total Harmonic Distortion) puts the detail and clarity beyond those balanced armature earphones.
With the aforementioned features, the A1d Ti provides a personalized high-class enjoyment that is unmatchable in that price range!

A discounted price of HKD$300(Original price HKD$499 )for the LEAR BTC-01 is offered for pre-orders of the LEAR A1d Ti prior to the 31st August.
center]

Product Features:

4398.gif
 ​
 ​
4419.jpeg
 ​
4413.jpeg
For example, users can alter between the reference position at 8 o’clock for a balanced frequency response to the equalized 12 o’clock position, or even the 4 o’clock position for an exaggerated bass for stronger rhythmic music.
 ​
 ​
4375.jpeg
LEAR C8 level high quality pure copper and silver plated copper interconnection wires
 ​
4374.jpeg

German Viablue high-end 4% lead-free silver tin soldering

4417.jpeg

Design:
A1d Ti provides both LUF &LCM versions.
· LCM (Custom Made) is custom made according to the ear impression of yours, giving a perfect fit without bothering about ear foam or ear plugs. Not only does that give a sound isolation, but a perfect fit in comparison with universal earphones that might be uncomfortable.
· LUF (Universal Fit) can be utilized with acoordinated ear foam, that gives possibility to share the music with friends.

All LEAR A series represents an “adjustable” frequency response on its sound, that its 270º tuning knob enables a tunable low frequencies response design. Users can alter the timbre of the earphones to a most personalized effect.

Special acoustic structure with a precision metal sound coupler and metal tubing alongside with C8  level high quality pure copper and silver plated copper wires that are soldered with German Viablue lead-free silver tin solder that gives A1d Ti a clear, detailed and realistic sound.

All LEAR custom-made earphones are all Hong Kong developed and made, for our insistence in quality control. We believe that LEAR customers are worth the higher cost for a higher quality.
Specification:

4410.jpeg
LEAR A1d Ti Frequency Response and THD(Reference 94dB @ 1k Hz)
 ​
4414.jpeg
LEAR A1d Ti Frequency Response(Blue:Knob at 8 O'clock ,Red:Knob at 4 O'clock)
4412.jpeg
LEAR A1d Ti Impedance (Knob at 4 O'clock position)
4411.jpeg
LEAR A1d Ti Phase

1. LEAR’s own 10mm titanium coated diaphragm, neodymium dynamic driver
  2. Precisely crafted metal sound coupler & metal tubing
  3. LEAR C8 The Libra level wire (silver plated pure copper cables)
  4. German Viablue high-end 4% lead-free silver tin soldering
  5. 10Hz-20kHz frequency response
  6. Impedance 16 ohm @1,000Hz (Tuning nob at its maximum bass 4 o’clock position)
  7. Sensitivity of 112 dBSPL @ 1mW (Tuning nob at its maximum bass 4o’clock position)
  8. Distortion≤0.05% @94dB SPL 1kHz

Accessories: 

1. C2 PRO cable
  2. PC-1 Carrying case
  3. Cleaning tool
  4. Cleaning cloth

Production timespan and Warranty

1. Production time: 31 days from receiving ear impression to finishing the custom-fit earphones
  2. Free refit: 1 year (excluding remake of earphones)
  3. Warranty: 1 year

The LEAR A1d is selling at:

LUF (Universal Fit) version HKD$2598
LCM (Custom Made) version HKD$2698

Order the A1d via our eshop : http://goo.gl/cQK61n

Or via our dealers : http://www.lear-eshop.com/pages/dealers

Aug 12, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 20
Looks promising.  

I am very keen on single dynamic driver if it has flat frequency response out to 1kHz and not too uneven after that.  *EDIT: see notes below

Distortion seems really low from the spec.

*EDIT: Unfortunately not all the measurements were showing at time of my original post.  The shrunk down vert axis seems to downplay the goings-on after 1kHz, which don't appear ideal.  I don't think this matches the Harmann curve too well, which has response rising to 2-3 kHz and falling gently after that.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 20
  By flat response curve I assume you are comparing it to some $1 earbuds?

I don't think my comment warranted the contumely. You make a good point though. I should have posted something to the effect that it appears that they can be tweaked to be flatter than the $1,400 CIEMs I recently sold.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 20
Interesting.  Dynamic driver based CIEMs are much rarer than the usual balanced armatures.   I tend to prefer BAs but dynamics do seem to be better at creating  bass with a more realistic tone.

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #10 of 20
  Interesting.  Dynamic driver based CIEMs are much rarer than the usual balanced armatures.   I tend to prefer BAs but dynamics do seem to be better at creating  bass with a more realistic tone.

Just simply adjust the tuning knob on our A series ,like the A1d Ti, you will have both BA like and DD sound on the same earphone~

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 20

Just simply adjust the tuning knob on our A series ,like the A1d Ti, you will have both BA like and DD sound on the same earphone~

Hi, got a small question here.

Does this sound same to LEAR AE series? I've listened to LHF-AE1b, AE1d Ti, and AE1d universal IEMs but they weren't my cup of tee.
It just felt like they somewhat lack resolution and performance for their price range. I'd like to know how the new LCM-A1d Ti performs compared to those other LEAR IEMs I've mentioned.

Thanks.

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #13 of 20
  Hi, got a small question here.

Does this sound same to LEAR AE series? I've listened to LHF-AE1b, AE1d Ti, and AE1d universal IEMs but they weren't my cup of tee.
It just felt like they somewhat lack resolution and performance for their price range. I'd like to know how the new LCM-A1d Ti performs compared to those other LEAR IEMs I've mentioned.

Thanks.

Hi Damson,

As the A series internal acoustical structure is different against the AE series,
so that the sound is different, especially the mid and high, the A series is a bit clearer than AE series with standard nozzle,
However, there is optional advanced nozzle for AE series, so that once they've changed , the mid and high will also improved.
which will be closer to the A series but still not identical as well.

Thanks for your inquiry and support to our products!

LEAR

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 20

Hi Damson,

As the A series internal acoustical structure is different against the AE series,
so that the sound is different, especially the mid and high, the A series is a bit clearer than AE series with standard nozzle,
However, there is optional advanced nozzle for AE series, so that once they've changed , the mid and high will also improved.
which will be closer to the A series but still not identical as well.

Thanks for your inquiry and support to our products!

LEAR

Thanks for your reply. About the performance gap between AE series and the A1d Ti, is A1d Ti only "a bit" better than AE series?

I'm planning to order the CIEM version of the A1d Ti and I'm expecting this to sound way better than the AE series. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #15 of 20
  Thanks for your reply. About the performance gap between AE series and the A1d Ti, is A1d Ti only "a bit" better than AE series?

I'm planning to order the CIEM version of the A1d Ti and I'm expecting this to sound way better than the AE series. 

Their drivers are the same, only the internal acoustical changed, but any acoustical structure changed will influence the overall sound and performance.
Just like the change of Silicone eartips against foam tips .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back