Introducing the HIFIMAN HE-R9!
Jan 22, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #256 of 344
Guys is have a question, I really love my R9 this is the headphone i listen to the most.
I was wondering if anybody knows any IEM with the same sound signature as the R9?
I'am looking at the new Fiio fh15, Sennheiser IE300, maybe a moondrop but it's hard to find what sound like the Hifiman r9.

I like the warmth, bass, darky sound of the hifiman sooo much it makes me want to search for an IEM with the same signature.

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #257 of 344
What’s your budget? Something like the Penon serial, symphonium meteor, or fatfreq maestro mini would give great bass. A cheaper option might be the tri i3 pro

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #258 of 344
Guys is have a question, I really love my R9 this is the headphone i listen to the most.
I was wondering if anybody knows any IEM with the same sound signature as the R9?
I'am looking at the new Fiio fh15, Sennheiser IE300, maybe a moondrop but it's hard to find what sound like the Hifiman r9.

I like the warmth, bass, darky sound of the hifiman sooo much it makes me want to search for an IEM with the same signature.
I would say a bassy IEM with a slight V shape, the R9 has a bassy nature but is still quite clear in the sound. The R9 has actually some nice and good energy in the 8k region giving good upper treble presence.

It reminds me of my Tipsy Trromso, I do not recommend it because of build quality.
So what I recommend that is similar to this is actually the Yanyin Canon, with the switches you can go from a bass heavy monster with a v shape to a more neutral sound.

Penon Globe is also a contender here, but it has more mid presence that are lush with vocals. But is maybe slightly darker and warmer sounding than RE9.

IE300 as you mentioned is close in sound, probably a tad darker sounding than Canon. What you get hear is the most light and comfortable IEM you can get, ofc this is subjective. Myself I don't mind most IEMs that are made well.

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #259 of 344
Both the Serial and Maestro mini are thicker sounding than HE-R9. Specially the Serial, while the Maestro Mini has huge sub bass focus while staying quite neutral in the rest.

The ISN EST50 is also very good contender, but IMO a much better tuned IEM than what the RE9 is as a headphone.

What’s your budget? Something like the Penon serial, symphonium meteor, or fatfreq maestro mini

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #262 of 344
My modded HE-R9 is getting a new owner, while this has a fun V shaped sound with good technicalities in both imaging and soundstage. I do prefer IEMs is what I found out. If the issue of getting to warm were absent, this would have stayed on in my collection for more. Same problem I have with closed ZMFs also.

PXL_20221112_124517909_2.jpg

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #263 of 344
My modded HE-R9 is getting a new owner, while this has a fun V shaped sound with good technicalities in both imaging and soundstage. I do prefer IEMs is what I found out. If the issue of getting to warm were absent, this would have stayed on in my collection for more. Same problem I have with closed ZMFs also.

How'd you get those pads on there? I recently gotten a hifiman he r9 jm edition and been wanting to pad roll but there are zero pads that fit it

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #264 of 344
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #265 of 344
@Brayden I had to stretch them some, and the original pads are glued and got ruined in the process.

Tried 3 of them, not to bad quality considering the price. Preffered the protein Leather and the one with leather and suede.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0uU3f8

Feb 25, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #266 of 344
@Brayden I had to stretch them some, and the original pads are glued and got ruined in the process.

Tried 3 of them, not to bad quality considering the price. Preffered the protein Leather and the one with leather and suede.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0uU3f8
Are the ones pictured in your post the protein leather ones? I was just about to post if someone already succeeded in pad rolling the HE-R9 as my ears slightly touch the grill with stock pads. I'd definitely need thicker ones and the one in your picture seems to be just right.

Feb 25, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #267 of 344
Are the ones pictured in your post the protein leather ones? I was just about to post if someone already succeeded in pad rolling the HE-R9 as my ears slightly touch the grill with stock pads. I'd definitely need thicker ones and the one in your picture seems to be just right.
Yes, the Protein Skin👍 Always had problems with headphones and comfort. This sorted it for me with this set, still due to circumstances and preferring IEMs for isolation I sold the R9.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #269 of 344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back