Introducing the Denon MD5000 Deluxe Edition & MD2000 Deluxe Edition
Jul 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #16 of 65
Hi nnotis, that would not allow us to use the wonderful Furutech jack. Unfortunately Furutech does not make an 1/8" jack or a jack with screw on adaptor.

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #19 of 65
markl,
Can you tell us a little bit more about this Jena Cryo wire? Maybe an example or two from some tunes you like alot. Simply awesome HP mod, guy! Can't wait to do mine with your updated mod.
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #20 of 65
Scott, here's a little more that I wrote up for a couple customers:

The best I can do to describe the difference between stock cable and Jena is you get a more solid, substantial, and full sound, that seems larger or on a bigger scale. The dynamics get bigger (i.e. difference between tiniest sounds and loudest sounds seems to increase). The background gets darker and sounds are thrown into sharper relief/focus. If you close your eyes like I do and try to picture the performance in your mind, this process becomes easier; you have to work less hard to reconstruct the image, if that makes sense.

Because it is a fast and dynamic cable, the Jena is going add solidity and impact to the bass and drum hits, but you also get improved bass tone with more mid and upper bass info. As I say in the ad, the Jena cable is a lot like getting more water through a bigger pipe; there's just more of everything, but it's all in proportion to one another, so it doesn't sound "colored".

So that means an increase in top-end extension as well with a much more articulate treble than the stock cable. The Jena is much more like an open window on the signal coming into it; if the recording is bright, or if the components ahead of it are overly bright, it will show you that. If something has dead neutral/natural treble or is even rolled off, that is what you will hear. It does not "add" more treble to what is already there. But the treble has much better quality than the stock cable, it's cleaner and less sibilant.

In short, the Jena is going to give you exactly what you put into it, and show it to you with great clarity and rich tonality.

Hope this helps, cheers.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #22 of 65
Good news-- in this D5000 bare market, I was able to obtain 3 more brand new ones. That means, I'm now able to accept some more orders, so reserve yours soon, they won't last long!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #23 of 65
Not worth making a new thread about this, so thought I'd post it here...

Did the D2000's always come with "tapered" ear pads, ie, thicker at the back than at the front? I didn't think they did... but I just bought some D2000's that arrived today and the ear pads are tapered, and on my invoice it says "AH-D2000B". Am I mistaken, or have Denon revised them?

Lucky they are tapered because I'm not willing to pull 'em apart and stuff the pads myself! I might tinker with them some time in the distant future, but I always "baby" my new toys because I don't buy a new "toy" very often
bigsmile_face.gif

First impressions: Two big, fluffy, leather-covered pillows of awesome
atsmile.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #29 of 65
wilashort, yes, you can use the stock D5000 cable on any headphone (so long as you are handy with a soldering iron). I sell the D5000 stock cable for $35 plus shipping. Just click on my name and send me an e-mail, I'll give you payment info. Cheers.

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 65
Ok, Thank you for the soon answer. I will contact you soon...
smily_headphones1.gif

UPDATE: PM and email sended
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wilashort, yes, you can use the stock D5000 cable on any headphone (so long as you are handy with a soldering iron). I sell the D5000 stock cable for $35 plus shipping. Just click on my name and send me an e-mail, I'll give you payment info. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back