Introducing the Denon MD5000 Deluxe Edition & MD2000 Deluxe Edition
Sep 19, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #61 of 65
Hi guys,
Yes these were lacquered as a special for Quaddy. I agree, they turned out very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif
We will be offering this service as an extra for folks who get re-cabled phones from us or send their pair to us for re-cabling. Pricing TBD. I'm setting up a web site in the coming weeks with a whole new menu of options and products and assorted goodies.

In the meantime, we're still accepting orders and performing mods for folks, so don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail. Cheers.

P.S. We will also re-wire most any phone with the great Jena wire, here's a Kenwood KH-K1000 we just did:

dscn6303hk7.jpg

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 65
markl, how much would it be to recable D2000's with a D5000 cable but no mod?

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #63 of 65
i dont understand, so to get a 5.5ft (shortest) recabling will cost me $499 for my denon ah-d5000s? quite expensive, this would mean the 5000s end up being an investment equal to the base cost of the d7000s no? just looking for clarification, thanks.

Sep 23, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #64 of 65
It's about $20/foot for single-stranded 22G Jena, and you get 22 (5.5x4) feet there, so ya.

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #65 of 65
Hi guys,
The jena wire is not inexpensive, relative to the cost of the headphones. However, as high-end cabling goes (where you can spend thousands per foot if you like), we feel it is more than reasonably priced for the performance it delivers in concert with the Denons. We went through a bunch of wires trying to find something that outperformed the stock cable. The Jena was the first "no-brainer" of the bunch.

Is this wire appoprate for the guy with no headphone amp who listens to mp3s on his computer, of course not. But that doesn't seem to be our typical customer anyway.

roxxor, please contact me via e-mail to discuss. Cheers.

Jude really needs to close this thread before I get charged for another month!
wink_face.gif
Please if anyone has any more questions for now, just e-mail me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back