Introducing The Cozoy Astrapi: Hi-Res Lineout audio from your iOS/Android device!
Mar 18, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #46 of 188

any reviews yet?

x2 reviews out. one by twister & one by baycode. they were sent demo/review units I believe as these have not been officially released yet.

I got it as a review unit, @Baycode spent his hard earned money on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #47 of 188
I got it as a review unit, @Baycode
 spent his hard earned money on it :)

cool. didnt realize they were available for retail yet. thought only preordering available now

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #48 of 188
Hey guys,
             First of all, I want to thank all of you who contacted me this morning to let me know about this. I also thank those of you who still want to keep the order despite the higher price - awesome people you are.

We will be sending an email out to all the pre-orders and will be refunding all orders. 

We have nothing against Massdrop and have used them in the past. For what it is, it's great! But the fundamental issue here is dishonesty and disrespect by Cozoy.

The group that purchased from CTC are amongst the first supporters of this product. They should get the product first and yet they still don't have it...because the production run has not been completed. They were supposed to make a small first batch to ship to all the pre-orders but they decided to lump it all together, further delaying the pre-orders. 

And while people are still waiting for their orders, the company is basically offering a lower price for people ordering late. If I was a customer, I'd be angry and rightfully so. This is wrong and shows little business class. 

We do not support companies that go behind our back, nor do we support companies that take advantage of their customers in order to make a quick buck. 

Lots of changes are coming to CTC Audio, starting with the dropping of Cozoy and Shozy from our lineup. Our mission is to help solve some of the issues in the audiophile market, and by supporting companies like this, we are just adding to the problem. 

Mad respect to you, i bought a cayin c5 from you about a month ago. Fast, free quick delivery, which is so hard to find living in Canada. Price was fair even let me redeem my email coupon in USD. After seeing how you reacted to this situation, i definitely back you up. Only people with honour will react the way you did. I would of done the same thing. I saw the cozoy last night on sale on CTC for $119 usd. Then i read twisters review. Thought to myself do i need this? Then this morning i saw it on mass drop for $99 but for Canadian buyers i have to pay 20$ USD for shipping and possible customs, since CTC located in Canada you guys was my first choice. But after today's stunt, i will never buy cozmoys products ever. That's some grass cutting bull.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #49 of 188
  Hey guys,
             First of all, I want to thank all of you...

[...]

Lots of changes are coming to CTC Audio, starting with the dropping of Cozoy and Shozy from our lineup. Our mission is to help solve some of the issues in the audiophile market, and by supporting companies like this, we are just adding to the problem.

Damn, you guys are running a fine shop!

Too bad I will never order from you :frowning2: If you order from outside EU here, my country adds our beloved 27% VAT (not just on the item's price, the shipping as well), plus customs... Is there any chance you open a webshop in Europe in the future? :)

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #51 of 188
Hoping next week CTC can update us on when shipments should go out to customers.

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #53 of 188
Hey,

I'm just testing this device with FitEar 335 and one iPhone 5S.

I am quite surprised, because:
-> even if I the sound is minimum it is hard to listen to the music because the sound is too loud: if I am not the only one to have this issue, then I wonder how we can use this product with Apple stuff and (C)IEM;
-> without any music, I can listen a noise, probably the hiss someone was asking earlier.

H.

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #54 of 188
  Hey,

I'm just testing this device with FitEar 335 and one iPhone 5S.

I am quite surprised, because:
-> even if I the sound is minimum it is hard to listen to the music because the sound is too loud: if I am not the only one to have this issue, then I wonder how we can use this product with Apple stuff and (C)IEM;
-> without any music, I can listen a noise, probably the hiss someone was asking earlier.

H.

can adjust the volume bar manually (not pressing the +/- buttons) ? 
biggrin.gif
 The product is designed to be a power beast as told and if earphone's sensitivity is too high there could be some hiss for many amps/dacs when gain is high/ some filters are not applied to prevent muffled sound. one simple way to solve is add a resistor adaptor, but that will get you some more lows than before

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #55 of 188

can adjust the volume bar manually (not pressing the +/- buttons) ? 
biggrin.gif
 The product is designed to be a power beast as told and if earphone's sensitivity is too high there could be some hiss for many amps/dacs when gain is high/ some filters are not applied to prevent muffled sound. one simple way to solve is add a resistor adaptor, but that will get you some more lows than before

Well, as I said, the volume bar is at the first slot and even at this level, it is too loud.

If the product has been designed to deliver that power, then, it may not be relevant for using it with iPhone & (C)IEM.

And I would not say that this product is a "power beast": with an AKG K340 the beast seems very tired. 

H.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #56 of 188

Well, as I said, the volume bar is at the first slot and even at this level, it is too loud.

If the product has been designed to deliver that power, then, it may not be relevant for using it with iPhone & (C)IEM.

And I would not say that this product is a "power beast": with an AKG K340 the beast seems very tired. 

H.

For sure you can't beat physics 
biggrin.gif
 but it has higher gain and output than original and that is quite obvious. as for manually pushing the volume i mean doing that on the playing app, try to slide the volume to the left a bit and it should be fine.... (while 335 is a bit too sensitive i guess)

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #57 of 188

For sure you can't beat physics 
biggrin.gif
 but it has higher gain and output than original and that is quite obvious. as for manually pushing the volume i mean doing that on the playing app, try to slide the volume to the left a bit and it should be fine.... (while 335 is a bit too sensitive i guess)

Well, as I said already (buy it should be by english), as I am already almost at 0, if I am pushing manually to the left, then I don't listen any sound anymore. Definitely the gain and the output are far too high for a CIEM + iPhone combo.

It's just a fact based on my observations. I'll try to test this product with other IEM / headphone during the next days before writing a small review.

H.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #58 of 188

Well, as I said already (buy it should be by english), as I am already almost at 0, if I am pushing manually to the left, then I don't listen any sound anymore. Definitely the gain and the output are far too high for a CIEM + iPhone combo.

It's just a fact based on my observations. I'll try to test this product with other IEM / headphone during the next days before writing a small review.

H.

There is a fun fact tho, the output varies with the input, that means on a different device the output will be entirely different, say ipad has a lower output with its lightning port

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #60 of 188
if you have an iOS device, i've heard of apps that can add aditional volume steps. "canopener" I think it was? never tried it & don't own an iOS device, so cannot comment on how well it works. read abt it in the herus thread as the herus uses software volume controls as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back