Introducing The Cozoy Astrapi: Hi-Res Lineout audio from your iOS/Android device!
Mar 17, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #31 of 188
Hey guys, got some updates from Cozoy. The production run should be completed in a few days and we will ship as soon as the products arrive!

Please note that the intro discount will end the moment the products land in our warehouse. 

We may do a product tour at some point as well. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #33 of 188
  Hey guys, got some updates from Cozoy. The production run should be completed in a few days and we will ship as soon as the products arrive!

Please note that the intro discount will end the moment the products land in our warehouse. 

We may do a product tour at some point as well. 

thank you for planning a tour.

but now a couple questions:

1.  do you expect the pre-orders placed on your web site to ship much earlier, BEFORE the massdrop orders?

2.  how can people who pre-ordered on the web site for $119 (limited time offer) CANCEL that order, so we can join the massdrop in hopes of the $99 price?

Thank you.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #34 of 188
Hey guys,
             First of all, I want to thank all of you who contacted me this morning to let me know about this. I also thank those of you who still want to keep the order despite the higher price - awesome people you are.

We will be sending an email out to all the pre-orders and will be refunding all orders. 

We have nothing against Massdrop and have used them in the past. For what it is, it's great! But the fundamental issue here is dishonesty and disrespect by Cozoy.

The group that purchased from CTC are amongst the first supporters of this product. They should get the product first and yet they still don't have it...because the production run has not been completed. They were supposed to make a small first batch to ship to all the pre-orders but they decided to lump it all together, further delaying the pre-orders. 

And while people are still waiting for their orders, the company is basically offering a lower price for people ordering late. If I was a customer, I'd be angry and rightfully so. This is wrong and shows little business class. 

We do not support companies that go behind our back, nor do we support companies that take advantage of their customers in order to make a quick buck. 

Lots of changes are coming to CTC Audio, starting with the dropping of Cozoy and Shozy from our lineup. Our mission is to help solve some of the issues in the audiophile market, and by supporting companies like this, we are just adding to the problem. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #35 of 188
  Hey guys,
             First of all, I want to thank all of you who contacted me this morning to let me know about this. I also thank those of you who still want
to keep the order despite the higher price - awesome people you are.

We will be sending an email out to all the pre-orders and will be refunding all orders. 

[]

Lots of changes are coming to CTC Audio, starting with the dropping of Cozoy and Shozy from our lineup. Our mission is to help solve some of the issues in the audiophile market, and by supporting companies like this, we are just adding to the problem. 

CTC Audio = Pure Integrity.
simple.

NOT just for canceling pre-orders, but for recognizing that unclear business deals, early purchase offers gone awry don't help the community, customers nor distributors.

I will be watching CTC in the future for other products they carry from other dealers.
beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #36 of 188
Hello, i don't know if it's the good topic to ask my question (i'm new on head fi), but i need your advices:
i would like to have a good portable device, i already have an iphone, should i buy this cozoy astrapi or the shozy alien ?
Which one sound the best ? (I'm using headphones, no iems)
Thanks

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #37 of 188
that post above by CTC is pure class. i have a lot of respect for that kind of customer first thinking and I had an excellent customer service experience with CTC Audio. I also will be watching CTC closely in the future

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #38 of 188

Hey guys,
             First of all, I want to thank all of you who contacted me this morning to let me know about this. I also thank those of you who still want
to keep the order despite the higher price - awesome people you are.

[]

CTC Audio = Pure Integrity.
simple.

NOT just for canceling pre-orders, but for recognizing that unclear business deals, early purchase offers gone awry don't help the community, customers nor distributors.

I will be watching CTC in the future for other products they carry from other dealers.
beerchug.gif

I hate to get in the middle of this, but I'm involved indirectly since I posted the first official review of this product and also been trying to help people by answering questions with my "unofficial" support.  This whole situation with Massdrop also upsets me, and I'm getting some behind the scene info of what's going on.  I like to support manufacturers who push the limits of technology with their innovations, and I enjoy supporting retailers who recognize that and help bring these innovations to the masses around the world.

Without going into too much details, I urge you guys NOT to cancel CTC Audio pre-orders because you might end up paying as much from MD and will have to wait longer to receive your product.  All I have to say that Cozoy/Shozy reassured me personally there was some gross misunderstanding with MassDrop pricing and it will be corrected.  As a result, those who will cancel their CTC Audio preorder can end up paying the same (or more) and waiting longer to get it.

As a disclaimer, I'm NOT associated with either CTC Audio or Shozy/Cozoy, or Penon.  I just "live" and contribute in this fine Head-fi community, and want to be sure thing don't get out of hand.  We are dealing with a global market where manufacturer is in one part of the world, retailer is in other part, and everything else is in the middle.  Things got lost in translation and hopefully it's a good lesson for Cozoy to learn in dealing with MassDrop or any other crowd-buying retailer.

Another important point.  I don't have the experience with Massdrop, but I can tell you with certainty that you will NOT get the same level of knowledgeable support from them as you will from an authorized retailer who is always up to date with a product (especially where there is hardly any info available about it on-line), who is a user of the product and will be able to provide technical support, and who will handle promptly any return/repair without a need for you to send it directly to manufacturer and wait for a response.  Just keep that in mind!

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #39 of 188
mmm... the massdrop is live. the prices that ppl pay on massdrop is locked after they commit. if cozoy changes their mind abt the pricing afterwards or there was a miscommunication, the drop will either occur regardless and u will still get ur pricing or just be cancelled.

massdrop has excellent customer service as well, but u will need to be prepared for a long wait time for ur product.

that being said, cozoy seems kinda shady (no offense) with their lack of transparency regarding this product and the fact they kinda threw preorder customers & ctc under the bus by promising them a special sale price for their first commitment, then making a deal with massdrop for an even lower price. definitely makes me a bit hesistant to recommend cozoy as they are a new company as well with no track record at all.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #40 of 188
1.  I had personal (and superb) communications with CTC Audio today, and offered to keep my pre-order with them.
yet it was CTC that said "pre-order refunds will be coming soon" irregardless.

2.  now I have an order in with Massdrop as well, was the 15th thus reaching $99.

if #1 gets patched up, and those pre-orders remain with an earlier shipping date- will happily stick with CTC.
looks like massdrop orders can be cancelled within the next 7 days. (before drop ends)

if #1 is refunded, massdrop hopefully honors the pre-order prices.

time to sit back and wait for the next 7 days to see who will "ship first"....
popcorn.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #41 of 188
  Is there any update from manufacturer when this (cool looking/sounding?) product ships, from orders placed on the web site?
am SUPER eager to hear this little gem with IEMs.

or maybe we can bribe the current reviewers to loan the Astrapi demos around for a few days of trial listening sessions...
etysmile.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cozoy-astrapi

currently $99 on massdrop

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #42 of 188

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cozoy-astrapi

currently $99 on massdrop

Cozoy says the $99 purchase will not be honored.

Fcebook link HERE 

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #43 of 188
I strongly recommend everybody to checkout Cozoy Astrapi review published by @Baycode : http://www.head-fi.org/products/cozoy-astrapi/reviews/12765 - amazing write up!

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #45 of 188
  any reviews yet?

x2 reviews out. one by twister & one by baycode. they were sent demo/review units I believe as these have not been officially released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back