Introducing the C&C Box Headphone Amplifier
Mar 1, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #121 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseOx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first post, just discovered Head-Fi after buying a set of Sony MDR-3000's.

I am in need of an amp. Soundwise, sent you a PM requesting pricing for the C&C and Little Dot II++

I discovered on a Canadian website, that the same email address for Jerry, can be contacted for the Little Dot as well.

Many thanks,

WiseOx

\
Hi wiseOx.I Like that ID Name:)> ..Ok PM sent to you..
And Yes we do Carry the Little Dot IIl++ But not on this
Fourm.Just C&C Only Please for this thread.
Soundwize.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #122 of 139
Hello everyone!

I just got my first set of nice headphones, Sennheiser HD 650's, which arrived today. I am enjoying listening to them, but I need an amp. I knew I would, but now I have the money, so I am excited. I was all set to order a HeadRoom Total BitHead, that is until I started seeing the alternatives and found the C&C BOX. I want a small and sexy little amp to drive my new 650's from either my iPod or my Powerbook.

So, I would say count me in on the next group buy, but I am too damn impatient. Is there anyway I can get this earlier, even if it's more than the group price?

Thanks,

-Ian

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #123 of 139
Hi to all of you..I know your all wating for Us to Announce the New Group Buy..
Well Shipment is delayed.One reason was because of Chinese New Year.
And also trying to get all the Colors in and Professional Packaging included.Not so easy for Us..
But we are working very hard with Distributor to bring C&C back for New Group Buy..We hope to announce it with in 3 weeks time or Less..
[size=small]*So to the many who asked when will it start? **please hang in there**..[/size]
[size=x-small]Sorry to all of you for this Delay[/size]..
Soundwize

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #124 of 139
Here is my little, nontechnical review of the C&C box headphone amplifier. I'm far from what you would call an audiophile, so please bear with me.
redface.gif

Headphones used: Alessandro MS1 and Senn HD580
Amps compared: PA2V2 and C&C box
Source: Creative X-fi Xtrememusic

I got my C&C box amp from soundwize/jerry last week and they receieved about 100 hours of use/burn-in. I have had used the HD580 and pa2v2 combo for nearly a year with countless of hours of use/burn-in. The MS1 have received about 130hours of use/burn-in.

When compared to the pa2v2, the C&C box made my HD580 much more enjoyable to listen too. The HD580 through the pa2v2 amp had a "veil" like effect with muddy bass and an overall unenjoyable audio experience. I honestly felt that the HD580 was better off being driven straight from my sound card. But the HD580 really came to life when I drove them with the C&C box. I experienced tighter, more impactful bass and more defined instrument separation. I actually found myself enjoying the sound from the headphones now, unlike when I had the pa2v2. The "veil" effect was also noticeably lowered.

I also tested a recently acquired pair of MS1 with the pa2v2, C&C box, and unamped. I was honestly hard pressed to find a significant difference when using the 3 sources.
redface.gif
The pa2v2 and unamped sounded about the same to my ears. The MS1 through the C&C box had some of the same effects when I tested the amp with the HD580, but on a much smaller scale. Most of the time I had to listen carefully to the music in order to notice the subtle differences being offered by the amp.

Overall, the C&C box is of excellent build quality and seems very sturdy. Jerry was professional through his emails and took the time to keep me well informed throughout the buying process. I can heartfully recommend this amp for high-impedance headphones that need amplification, such as my HD580.
580smile.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #125 of 139
Noob question: are 80ohms considered high impedence? My DT-770 Pros are 80ohm phones and I don't think my PA2v2 is driving them sufficiently. My experience using them with a KSC-35 and CX-300 has been positive. It hasn't blown me away or anything, but what can one realistically expect from a combination of budget headphones with a budget amp?

Recently I've been conflicted about headphone ampage, since my source is terrible by audiophile standards (laptop with constant static) and I listen mostly to compressed audio. That reminds me another reason I like my PA2v2: it reduces the static to a point where it's almost unnoticable.

Anyway, I've veered off-topic. Will this amp drive my DT-770 Pros?

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #126 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabuza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noob question: are 80ohms considered high impedence? My DT-770 Pros are 80ohm phones and I don't think my PA2v2 is driving them sufficiently. My experience using them with a KSC-35 and CX-300 has been positive. It hasn't blown me away or anything, but what can one realistically expect from a combination of budget headphones with a budget amp?

Recently I've been conflicted about headphone ampage, since my source is terrible by audiophile standards (laptop with constant static) and I listen mostly to compressed audio. That reminds me another reason I like my PA2v2: it reduces the static to a point where it's almost unnoticable.

Anyway, I've veered off-topic. Will this amp drive my DT-770 Pros?

The C&C box will drive them but ,you should definitely upgrade your source before you upgrade your amp.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #127 of 139
C&C box v2 is a great product and IME sold by people who have a good understanding of what customer support means. But, it (like any other amp) is a pointless accessory if you're driving easy 'phones (such as ER-6i) from an iPod. I've tried mine with all varieties of iPod with ER-6i and the difference is negligible or even negative. To get the best from it, feed it with the best source you can.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #128 of 139
I got a C&C box from the last group buy, so I've had it for a couple weeks, however I just now got time to sit down and give it a critical listen. It cannot handle bass at all... it's all crackles...

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #129 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a C&C box from the last group buy, so I've had it for a couple weeks, however I just now got time to sit down and give it a critical listen. It cannot handle bass at all... it's all crackles...

i beg to differ. the bass does not "crackle". it actually accentuates the bass and makes it more enjoyable. that's one of the first times i've heard that the C&C cannot handle bass...

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #130 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i beg to differ. the bass does not "crackle". it actually accentuates the bass and makes it more enjoyable. that's one of the first times i've heard that the C&C cannot handle bass...

I've been talking to Jerry about this issue and my amp was driven to clipping. The input is very sensitive. It could not handle the output from my Zhaolu DAC. It appears to be fine from my mp3 player.

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #131 of 139
Hey, I just want to put a nod in for interest in the next group buy as well. No hurry, but I'll keep an eye out, and I'd appreciate a PM if you're keeping a list, soundwize. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #133 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in also for the in the next group buy

[size=x-small][size=medium]Do to OverFlow from first Group Buy...
We have a limited amount of C&C in stock Now..
For those on my Reserved List a Email or Pm
Was sent to you..*If I missed anyone Please
Email Me A.S.A.P*..
As for the rest who were waiting or wanting One Now.
smily_headphones1.gif
Come On Down
smily_headphones1.gif

We have Blk and Silver and One Gold[/size][/size]
[size=medium]*HURRY IF YOU WANT ONE*[/size]
[size=large]**ONLY 4 LEFT IN STOCK**[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back