Introducing the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000T
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #78 of 455
Oh, I would not call the DX300 mid tier as you can't go by just price, that is misleading. And yes, they do work on the multiple dap system and some very interesting amp designs.

This dap should be interesting, hopefully, as well.
Not my meaning, mid tier DAC chip only in quad config as opposed to say 2 x AK4499 or ESS9038Pro flagship DAC chips
DX300 certainly competes at the highest level. I expect SP2000T to be just as good as a dual flagship DAC DAP.
Just saying iBasso dared do it and succeeded first.

Who said they are inspired by such ? They did a lot of researches and experiences to come out with such products!! Everyone is instead inspired by AK !!!
I am drinking my kool aid btw 😂
Waiting for KANN-D (Dual batteries)
I think it's always smart to keep tabs on the competition and build on it.
I sure think it's great to see more products that build up on innovating/alternative design patterns.
I sure would love for other brands to build streaming capable R2R as well :p

The fact SP2000T combines NuTubes with low consuming quad DAC, with reasonable (relative to AK pricing) price might make it my first AK DAP.
No mention of the SoC by the way... curious

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #79 of 455
Not my meaning, mid tier DAC chip only in quad config as opposed to say 2 x AK4499 or ESS9038Pro flagship DAC chips
DX300 certainly competes at the highest level. I expect SP2000T to be just as good as a dual flagship DAC DAP.
Just saying iBasso dared do it and succeeded first.
Have you looked at the measurements of the chip they use? but this isn't a thread about the DX300, it is about the SP2000T. So, back to that.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #81 of 455
It is a better ideas if you can post the comparisons graphs in both threads :)
Well really, since having made my own dac years ago, that was about 30 pounds and used the 1865 chip etc., and most likely measured terrible and sounded more like music than anything I have ever heard, sometimes better than the live un amplified classical etc., I went to, I don't care about the measurements. I don't listen to graphs. :^)

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #82 of 455
actually I think the device is like next generation of SP1000M, not replace the SP2000

I agree, at least I hope this is the case with the 2000T having a smaller chassis than the SP2000. Since the T is $2,400, $1,100 less than a SP2000, the lack of a copper or stainless steel chassis cannot account for the price difference, especially with the improved technology being used in the T. I like smaller chassis daps. 👍

Definitely on my watch list …

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #83 of 455
Also, does anyone know what the red LED on the back is supposed to indicate? Bit length, or some other function?

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #84 of 455
Also, does anyone know what the red LED on the back is supposed to indicate? Bit length, or some other function?
Changes color based on what amp mode is enabled, then changes color to indicate bit rate when a track is playing.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #86 of 455
I agree, at least I hope this is the case with the 2000T having a smaller chassis than the SP2000. Since the T is $2,400, $1,100 less than a SP2000, the lack of a copper or stainless steel chassis cannot account for the price difference, especially with the improved technology being used in the T. I like smaller chassis daps. 👍

Definitely on my watch list …
Hi, how much smaller or better yet, where can I find the dimensions of the SP2KT?

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #87 of 455
Hi, how much smaller or better yet, where can I find the dimensions of the SP2KT?

A&K will be releasing full specs sometime shortly according to their representative. I do hope the chassis size is along the lines of an SP1000M. 🙏

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #88 of 455
Yep I hope it is at least as small as the se200 and se100. Don't want it the size of the se180 or larger.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #89 of 455
A&K will be releasing full specs sometime shortly according to their representative. I do hope the chassis size is along the lines of an SP1000M. 🙏
+1. Though from the images so far, it doesn’t look much smaller, if any at all, from the SP2K. Certainly not at the SP1KM level of compactness.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #90 of 455
+1. Though from the images so far, it doesn’t look much smaller, if any at all, from the SP2K. Certainly not at the SP1KM level of compactness.

I’m afraid you’re right, but I’ll keep hoping until the specs are released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back