Introducing Telos Acoustics
Jul 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #46 of 140
Dear earphonia

Thanks for mentioning about the driver position in Telos Acoustics Fujisan. Yes, it's one of the most important aspects in our technical design. We have some interesting technical stories around it. I am going to write about the behind-the-scenes stories around Telos Acoustics Fujisan R&D in our blog. Please check our blog periodically. 

http://www.telosacoustics.com

Best,
Tetsuro

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #47 of 140
It's delight to see Headroom is back to being aggressive toward us customers.

I bought tons of stuffs from you guys, and as once an owner of Headroom Micro, I also liked your company's product as well.

I'd definitely participate in beta-program, otherwise I still joined the kickstarter. Hopefully it will reach the funding goal.

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #48 of 140
I'd love to be a beta tester. I have been an audio enthusiast since enthusiast 7 years, have owned many different types of headphones,amps (including headamps micro stack), and dacs. I'm a PhD student in geophysics, who programs a lot, so listening to music is important to me. I take a very careful approach to how I test a project the same way I run a numerical or observational experiment. I'd love to write about something other than the material properties of the Earth: please give me this opportunity! 

I currently own only 2 IEMS right now: the SE215 and the Ultimate Ears 7 customs. 

I'd also like to say I live in Davis, CA, the biking capital of the US and bike to work everyday..... would love to test them out on my bike! 

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #49 of 140
I would love to give them a try. I am IT manager and I am right next to the server room, it' would be interesting to see how they are with passive noise cancellation. I have several different items and like to see how these stack up. I go to the gym every day for two hours and would also like to see how they do in that environment.

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #50 of 140
Could be happy to help on test if you want.
I have a pair of tralucent 1+2, a Oppo pm-3 and a hifiman HM-901 to put them on.
It can make a good comparation, a weel known existing IEM and a over ear compact closed set-up.
I would be happy to help for your project, not a problem for me.

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #52 of 140
Consider me for the beta test as well. I have never written a "formal" review on HeadFi, although I have posted detailed impressions of headphones and other gears in threads. I would be happy to post a formal and truthful review of the Telos Acoustics in-ears. 

My current IEM's are the IM04's which use BA drivers, but I am always looking at and testing other IEM's, particularly trying to find that one "right" dynamic micro driver. 

I commute to work on the subway when I'm not driving with my windows open, always listening to my IEM's. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #54 of 140
Very interesting looking IEM. I like the half in ear/bud style for stability and comfort. It will be interesting to see how well the isolation works. Most designs that are similar to this house the driver in main body of the IEM versus near or in the stem of the IEM. The placement of the driver should help offset the typical design issue and in theory increase the isolation value.

I love reviewing equipment and seeing what new innovations are being introduced to the audio community. In this case as a daily commuter, office worker, and casual exercise person with a penchant for long walks, hiking, and the occasional jog, I would love to see how this design manages in those areas from an ergonomic, noise, and comfort, as well as the requisite music perspective. I have experience with a wide variety of IEM's and headphones over my years on Head-fi with multiple reviews over that time.

Here are a few of the reviews I have posted over my time with Head-fi:

Sony MDR-Z7
RHA T10i
Pioneer DJE1500
AKG K545

In total I have 23 reviews in the Head-Gear section plus multiple strong impressions and discovery threads throughout both the Headphone and IEM/portable forums. For this particular review I will be able to offer some comparisons against a couple of other sports oriented IEM's that I have on hand from Monster and Westone. I will also be able to offer impressions and comparisons against all my previous reviews as well as any current gear I have on hand.

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #55 of 140
They look promising I am familiar with some flagship iems like the beloved vsonic GR07, DUNU DN1000/2000, Westone 60 among others and use a lot of over ear models. I wonder how well the Fujisan isolates you from the world. The cable looks sturdy and twisted covered on some transparent TPU. I also work for the only high-end headphone store in my country so I have a lot of experience with a lot of different headphones and regulary read reviews here. I would love to test these in a daily commute as well and cycling for a lot of iem suffer from wind intrusion when riding a bike, specially going downhill which I do daily. Glad to know headroom is involved in the project it surely sounds great..

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #56 of 140
  Looking forward to trying them out on my mountain bike adventures, wind noise can be an issue.  Currently still using my old SkullCandy Titans. 

Cannot agree more. My MH1 is horrible when it comes to wind noise....maybe the bass vents are to blame for it...not sure about it

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #57 of 140
Hello,
I would be honored to be a beta-tester. I am new here and have only been getting into hi end audio for the past year and half. And although I know my newness is something others may consider a flaw in the world of hi fi IEMs (hi fi audio in gerneral) to be a beta-tester, I believe that is exactly why I would be a great option for beta testing! You want to get reviews from a full spectrum of people, not just your super experienced head-fiers. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this site (part of the reason I joined). I just think you should have a broad spectrum of testers, especially if you intend to sell your product to anyone and everyone you can (not just people in the hi end world).
Good luck to you in selecting you testers!

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #58 of 140
 Hi, My name is John Brathwaite

I would like to help you with the testing of your new inear headphones. I believe I would be a geat tester because I have keen ears, I love music, I have very good gear, I have a tremendous music collection and I have the time. I have been using a variety of headphones over the past 10 years. I understand the nuances of headphone quality. I can help.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best regards,
John Brathwaite 

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #59 of 140
If you are looking for someone who flies around a lot to test this on airplanes using iPad/iPhone/Android devices and in flight entertainment systems from various carriers, please let me know. My current go to headphones for long flights to block out noise is the Etymotic Research ER4. For short domestic flights I use the MK5s from ER as well. Found that other IEMs don't fit my ears very comfortably due to my right ear canal being bigger than left and flat ear cups at the canal opening.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #60 of 140
I would be highly interested in beta-testing the Telos Acoustics. I have experience with in-ear monitors. Music is my life, and I would love to take on this job; for I take beta-testing spots seriously, but at the same time it is always an awesome experience for me. I can test these in different environments, and see which areas these IEM's thrive in, and the areas that could be in a bit better shape. I believe that this kick-starter will do very well. I would take my spot seriously and test them in every needed category.

One of my previous reviews:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-andes-e07k-portable-usb-dac-and-headphone-amplifier-96khz-24-bit/reviews/13588

I have alot more time on my hands now that its the summer. I can do both youtube reviews and head-fi reviews. I think it would be lots of fun to test these. Thanks!

Also if you are looking for somebody athletic; I consistently run, and could test them out in that aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back