Introducing SMSL DL100 CS43131*4 BT5.1 MQA-CD Audio DAC
Jun 6, 2024 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

smsl mandy

Sponsor: S.M.S.L

DL100 Audio DAC & Headphone Amplifier $179.99​

https://hifi-express.com/products/smsl-dl100

Features​

• Four-chip decoding for superior sound: Capable of directly sampling 32bit/768kHz PCM digital audio and supporting DSD256 native DSD playback without conversion.
  • Independent headphone amplification circuitry: Self-developed circuit for excellent performance, with output power increased by about 16 times at 300Ω.
  • 5 types of PCM filters: Acts on high-frequency signals after about 20kHz for better sound conversion.
  • USB Dual Mode 2.0/1.1: Switchable modes to support high sample rate audio files up to 768kHz/32bit or driver-free up to 96kHz/16bit.
  • Qualcomm Bluetooth chip: Supports LDAC, apt-X HD for improved wireless signal stability and transmission quality.

Performance​

• Distortion: As low as 0.00009%.
  • SNR (Balanced Output): 132dB.
  • Dynamic Range: 132dB.

Design​

The DL100 features a robust design with high-quality relays and a non-impact sound design. The headphone amplifier circuit adopts self-developed technology, offering high power output and excellent audio quality. The inclusion of high-end components ensures minimal interference and optimal performance.

Connectivity​

• HDMI(ARC): Can be decoded for TV.
  • USB Dual Mode: Supports a variety of devices, including game consoles, TVs, Androids, and more.
  • Bluetooth: With an external antenna for improved signal stability and quality.
dl100-1.png

Specifications​

• Chipset: 4x CS43131, 3x high-end dual op amp OPA1612a.
  • Output Power: 3.0W×2 @ 16Ω, 1.5W×2 @ 32Ω.
  • Supported Formats: PCM up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD up to DSD256.
  • Bluetooth: LDAC, apt-X HD.
  • Inputs: HDMI(ARC), USB Dual Mode 2.0/1.1, Optical, Coaxial.

dl100-2.png

S.M.S.L Stay updated on S.M.S.L at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/S.M.S.LOfficiaI https://twitter.com/SMSL_Official http://www.smsl-audio.com/ smsl_mandy@126.com
Jun 7, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 9
I've had the DL200 and it looks good, but a different chipset with similar power. Is it replacing the DL200 since the pricing looks similar? The form factor is excellent on these because you can fit any full size amplifier on top of it. Having the headphone jack far away from the volume wheel is a huge help also.

Jun 7, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 9

DL100 Audio DAC & Headphone Amplifier $179.99​

https://hifi-express.com/products/smsl-dl100

Features​

• Four-chip decoding for superior sound: Capable of directly sampling 32bit/768kHz PCM digital audio and supporting DSD256 native DSD playback without conversion.
  • Independent headphone amplification circuitry: Self-developed circuit for excellent performance, with output power increased by about 16 times at 300Ω.
  • 5 types of PCM filters: Acts on high-frequency signals after about 20kHz for better sound conversion.
  • USB Dual Mode 2.0/1.1: Switchable modes to support high sample rate audio files up to 768kHz/32bit or driver-free up to 96kHz/16bit.
  • Qualcomm Bluetooth chip: Supports LDAC, apt-X HD for improved wireless signal stability and transmission quality.

Performance​

• Distortion: As low as 0.00009%.
  • SNR (Balanced Output): 132dB.
  • Dynamic Range: 132dB.

Design​

The DL100 features a robust design with high-quality relays and a non-impact sound design. The headphone amplifier circuit adopts self-developed technology, offering high power output and excellent audio quality. The inclusion of high-end components ensures minimal interference and optimal performance.

Connectivity​

• HDMI(ARC): Can be decoded for TV.
  • USB Dual Mode: Supports a variety of devices, including game consoles, TVs, Androids, and more.
  • Bluetooth: With an external antenna for improved signal stability and quality.

Specifications​

• Chipset: 4x CS43131, 3x high-end dual op amp OPA1612a.
  • Output Power: 3.0W×2 @ 16Ω, 1.5W×2 @ 32Ω.
  • Supported Formats: PCM up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD up to DSD256.
  • Bluetooth: LDAC, apt-X HD.
  • Inputs: HDMI(ARC), USB Dual Mode 2.0/1.1, Optical, Coaxial.

I see that it has two USB modes, but is one of those modes support UAC1 (USB Audio Class 1) to enable DL100 to plug directly into a PlayStation 5 or Nintendo Switch?
I realize Xbox doesn’t support usb out, but the eARC HDMI support should take care of them.

Thanks in advance! 🙏

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 9
Seems very interesting. Has all i wish from a desktop DAC/AMP!

- 4.4mm Headphone output
- Bluetooth input
- USB-C Input

Due to the quad dac chip is the architure of this device fully balanced?

Jun 14, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Is this a true quad dac a.i using all 4 dacs at the same time for pcm playback ?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 9
I recently got a DL200 to use as a headphone DAC/amp. I am still in the return window and can exchange it for the DL100 for practically zero cost.

The DL100 has higher voltage but no high gain. It's also smaller and has HDMI, which are plusses for me.

Which is likely to perform better as a headphone amp, the DL100 or my current DL200?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back