Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Dec 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #166 of 422
Video with Bill Low on the Nightowl:

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/utuq2vFBeoM[/VIDEO]

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #167 of 422
About the new boost pads and ultrasuede pads...

I really wanted to have them available for purchase directly from our website starting on Dec 1.
And there is no technical reason that we could not have done that.

But we have not turned on that switch yet because, honestly, AQ is a traditional hifi company that is struggling with the idea of selling direct because we have so many dealers. When exactly these new pads will be available is beyond my control, unfortunately. So in the interest of doing what's best for the customers that keep us in business...

If anyone wants the new pads, send an email to info@audioquest.com, tell them you talked to Skylar and would like to purchase either the new boost pads, the new ultrasuede pads, or both—whatever you need. They can make the sale and ship them to you.

I hate to make it so difficult for you, the customers, but there's only so much I can do to change the attitude of an old-skool company.

Thanks everyone...Happy New Year!

Skylar

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #168 of 422
About the new boost pads and ultrasuede pads...

I really wanted to have them available for purchase directly from our website starting on Dec 1.
And there is no technical reason that we could not have done that.

But we have not turned on that switch yet because, honestly, AQ is a traditional hifi company that is struggling with the idea of selling direct because we have so many dealers. When exactly these new pads will be available is beyond my control, unfortunately. So in the interest of doing what's best for the customers that keep us in business...

If anyone wants the new pads, send an email to info@audioquest.com, tell them you talked to Skylar and would like to purchase either the new boost pads, the new ultrasuede pads, or both—whatever you need. They can make the sale and ship them to you.

I hate to make it so difficult for you, the customers, but there's only so much I can do to change the attitude of an old-skool company.

Thanks everyone...Happy New Year!

Skylar

How about the headphone stand? Is there anyway that I can get my hands on a few of them, what's the status?

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #169 of 422
How about the headphone stand? Is there anyway that I can get my hands on a few of them, what's the status?

The headphone stand will be announced officially next week at CES. So look out for a post on Head-Fi and a bunch of images and details.
They are in production right now, and I expect that we will finish up by the end of January or early February.

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #170 of 422
When will the actual headphones be available as there is no sign of them here in Australia or many other places that I can see? Will this be after CES? Ready to buy but so many other headphones available and I am getting restless waiting.

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #171 of 422
  When will the actual headphones be available as there is no sign of them here in Australia or many other places that I can see? Will this be after CES? Ready to buy but so many other headphones available and I am getting restless waiting.

They are in stock and available now in our three main regions (North America, Europe/EMEA, Asia/Australasia)...basically worldwide.

For example, here's the amazon.com listing for NightOwl: http://a.co/2un53TF

However, it is up to our distributors in each region to make them available to customers. The best thing to do in your case is contact our distributor Amber Technology and request them.

http://www.ambertech.com.au/contact-us

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #172 of 422
Are there any comparison graphs available yet? The old NightHawks are available for 350€ right now, so I'm contemplating whether the almost doubled price to the NH Carbon is worth it or not.

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #173 of 422
  They are in stock and available now in our three main regions (North America, Europe/EMEA, Asia/Australasia)...basically worldwide.

For example, here's the amazon.com listing for NightOwl: http://a.co/2un53TF

However, it is up to our distributors in each region to make them available to customers. The best thing to do in your case is contact our distributor Amber Technology and request them.

http://www.ambertech.com.au/contact-us

Great. Thanks Skylar, I have emailed them. Appreciate the help and look forward to getting the headphones.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #174 of 422
Are there any comparison graphs available yet? The old NightHawks are available for 350€ right now, so I'm contemplating whether the almost doubled price to the NH Carbon is worth it or not.

I can put together some comparison graphs for public consumption after CES if anyone finds that useful.

But my personal opinion is that the smart thing to do is buy the original NightHawk now while they're on sale. Then if you want, buy the new pads and cable separately directly from AQ. It will save you money. And once we run out of the original NightHawk, they're gone for good. If we have any left after Dec 31, the price is supposed to go up to $499 USD. So now's the time to get the good deal on the OG NightHawk.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #175 of 422
But my personal opinion is that the smart thing to do is buy the original NightHawk now while they're on sale.

I find it amazing that the designer of a product himself doesn't try to oversell his gear and instead is a good sportsman. Thank you! I'll get onto the old NH while they're still hot.
o2smile.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #176 of 422

The headphone stand will be announced officially next week at CES. So look out for a post on Head-Fi and a bunch of images and details.
They are in production right now, and I expect that we will finish up by the end of January or early February.

Cool. Looking forward to buying one of two of the headphone stands :thumbsup:

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #177 of 422
If anyone wants the new pads, send an email to info@audioquest.com, tell them you talked to Skylar and would like to purchase either the new boost pads, the new ultrasuede pads, or both—whatever you need. They can make the sale and ship them to you

Skylar,

I hope you see this. I have been calling Audioquest for months asking about the ultrasuede pads. Kept telling me it would be soon. Called 3 weeks ago and was told they would be available in 2 weeks and to check with my dealer. Emailed Crutchfield this past Thursday and received a reply on Friday that they had no knowledge of any new pads (they don't even carry the original pads).

So I called Audioquest again yesterday. The guy I spoke with told me about the boost pads but said he didn't know about ultrasuede pads. I went ahead and ordered the boost pads at $24 each. (Received an email from my bank today and see Audioquest charged me $16 shipping-excessive in my opinion). He had to check with his supervisor before he would commit to selling them since, as you said, Audioquest normally only sells thru their dealers. So I guess now if I want ultrasuede pads I will have to wait and pay shipping again. Not too happy about this.

I'm also really not happy about the big discount Audioquest is offering on the original NightHawks. I purchased mine from the original batch and paid $599. Now Audioquest is selling them for $350? Totally killed the resale value for everyone who paid $599. Maybe the resale value will recover some when the sale is over but probably will never be what it should be. They are being sold used now on Head-Fi for less than $300. Great deal for someone but a slap in the face for the original supporters. I even suggested to the customer service guy at Audioquest that he should send me free pads since the value of my NightHawks has been so severely undercut. That didn't go over too well!

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #178 of 422

Skylar,

I hope you see this. I have been calling Audioquest for months asking about the ultrasuede pads. Kept telling me it would be soon. Called 3 weeks ago and was told they would be available in 2 weeks and to check with my dealer. Emailed Crutchfield this past Thursday and received a reply on Friday that they had no knowledge of any new pads (they don't even carry the original pads).

So I called Audioquest again yesterday. The guy I spoke with told me about the boost pads but said he didn't know about ultrasuede pads. I went ahead and ordered the boost pads at $24 each. (Received an email from my bank today and see Audioquest charged me $16 shipping-excessive in my opinion). He had to check with his supervisor before he would commit to selling them since, as you said, Audioquest normally only sells thru their dealers. So I guess now if I want ultrasuede pads I will have to wait and pay shipping again. Not too happy about this.

Sounds like AudioQuest has a ways to go in terms of perfecting order fulfillment, etc. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #179 of 422
They have been selling through dealers since the dawn of high-end audio. As @SkylarGray mentioned above they are debugging their direct to consumer business process. Let's be happy they've produced what are the best price/performance HFs available (insanely great at $349!) and give 'em a break as they move to a new way of doing business. HNY!

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #180 of 422
New to the head-fi game and purchased both an og nighthawk and the new nightowl. I still have the nightowl boxed and debating whether or not to open. I'm still getting acclimated to the NH and not sure if I'm sold. I listened to both at the shop, but may have been an impulse buy. It takes getting used to since I'm normally listening open air. I'm a novice audiophile that just likes music and started purchasing equipment a year ago. I tried the Grados RS1e and enjoyed them but probably because they were broken in demos, but that being said, extremely uncomfortable. I may need to just try more comps so I have a better feel for what this price range provides. It appears that most people on headfi love NHs. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back