Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Dec 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #152 of 422
Got both the Nightowl Carbon and Nighthawk Carbon today, listening to the Nightowl and initial impressions after 15 minutes is the Nightowl's soundstage is better than the Nighthawk wood's-in fact it's noticeably the best soundstage I've ever heard on a closed headphone. 

It's magical right out the box; if it gets better than this it's seriously underpriced compared to the competition-it's easily a $2000 headphone imo. The tuning is very similar to the Nighthawk Wood's but it feels a bit backed off in the mid bass compared to the NH-which was everyone's main complaint about the original. 

But the soundstage is unreal for a closed headphone-for this to be achieved with a lack of sibilance is unbelievable. It's just so smooooooooooooth.

20 minutes of listening and I've already decided this is my end game portable, hands down.

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #153 of 422
  Got both the Nightowl Carbon and Nighthawk Carbon today, listening to the Nightowl and initial impressions after 15 minutes is the Nightowl's soundstage is better than the Nighthawk wood's-in fact it's noticeably the best soundstage I've ever heard on a closed headphone. 

It's magical right out the box; if it gets better than this it's seriously underpriced compared to the competition-it's easily a $2000 headphone imo. The tuning is very similar to the Nighthawk Wood's but it feels a bit backed off in the mid bass compared to the NH-which was everyone's main complaint about the original. 

But the soundstage is unreal for a closed headphone-for this to be achieved with a lack of sibilance is unbelievable. It's just so smooooooooooooth.

20 minutes of listening and I've already decided this is my end game portable, hands down.

I really wouldn't make any kind of judgement on them this early. The sound can change during the first 150 hours or so. I think the manual may even state this. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #155 of 422
The normal ones, haven't tried the microsuede ones yet

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #158 of 422

Any thoughts on when the cable and pads will be available to your loyal followers? 
biggrin.gif

Some time this month (November).

I can't find them for sale anywhere, anyone got a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back