Introducing myself--and request for suggestions (for on- or over-ear general use $100-$200; more in post)
Oct 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #31 of 40
The buttons work now; I wonder if I wasn't pressing them properly last night....

I do wonder whether V-Moda will honor the warranty, since the headphones were sold by a third party and just "fulfilled by Amazon" (I didn't realize there was a difference; IMO, they should explain this up front instead of distracting with the "eligible for Amazon Prime" logo--grr). I have a ticket in at V-MODA asking about this, and asking why I can't register the headphones properly (wonder if it's connected)....

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #32 of 40
The buttons work now; I wonder if I wasn't pressing them properly last night....

I do wonder whether V-Moda will honor the warranty, since the headphones were sold by a third party and just "fulfilled by Amazon" (I didn't realize there was a difference; IMO, they should explain this up front instead of distracting with the "eligible for Amazon Prime" logo--grr). I have a ticket in at V-MODA asking about this, and asking why I can't register the headphones properly (wonder if it's connected)....

I only buy directly from Amazon specially for headphones that's cost $100+. I rather pay tax and know I have a real product then save a few dollars. I bought my m-100 directly from Amazon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't honor the warranty since they do say they won't if you buy from a 3rd party on amazon. I actually am contemplating buying a pair of m-80 for about 120 shipped on ebay because I want a on ear headphone

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #35 of 40
I'd read somewhere that those include only one cable--any idea whether the branding is the only difference?

I don't care about the case, but I do wish the branding weren't on the headphones themselves--I've never seen the show! LOL

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #36 of 40
I'd read somewhere that those include only one cable--any idea whether the branding is the only difference?

I don't care about the case, but I do wish the branding weren't on the headphones themselves--I've never seen the show! LOL

The Description for the headphones do say only 1 cable with the 1 button remote with mic but honestly that isn't a huge deal breaker in my opinion. V-moda does sell the cables fairly cheap on their website ( I believe the audio only cable is $12 ). I personally don't care for the Show since I don't have HBO but I do like the color scheme with the Black with the Red screws on the headphones. Other then the cosmetics these are pretty much the same headphones as the M-80 sans the 2nd cable

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #37 of 40
I found a pair for $109 on ebay with Free shipping and looks like it is legit but you would probably have to forgo the Warranty all together and I am considering biting the bullet and just buying them myself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-V-Moda-Crossfade-M-80-Shadow-Headband-Headphones-Brushed-Black-Metal/271288428041?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18240%26meid%3D1954501415506932029%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8344%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D221278470602%26

They do have the ribbon intact and you could contact him to see if he has a receipt which would then help you with warranty issues should it arise

You could also just buy the Square trade warranty on Ebay to cover any issues

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 40
Good news--I heard back from V-MODA, and they will honor the warranty. I just have to hang onto my receipt. :)

I took the headphones over to my parents' house tonight and had them listen. They were both amazed. :D

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #39 of 40
  Good news--I heard back from V-MODA, and they will honor the warranty. I just have to hang onto my receipt. :)

I took the headphones over to my parents' house tonight and had them listen. They were both amazed. :D

that is great to hear ! :) 

Some companies wont just because you bought from an unauthorized seller but looks like they went above and beyond ( I never contacted them so i wouldnt know )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back