Apr 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Circumaural and supra-aural are the better terms to use
tongue.gif

This is true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full size meaning over your ear as opposed to on your ear? I've seen people selling 'full size' grado sr80i headphones, no idea what it means. I don't mind if they go over my ear instead of on my ear, that might even be better for me. I just want the best sound quality for under $100 which don't leak too much and also isolate the sound around me nicely. Despite hearing a lot of good reviews about the grados, I think they will just be impractical.

Yeah, I meant full-size as in circumaural, or "around-ear." If you don't mind that, the ATH-A700s or the ATH-M50 would be pretty nice, and my nod would go to the M50. You might want a mini amp like a FiiO E5 just for a slight boost on either of them though.

Although if you don't care too much about bucketloads of isolation, the ES7 is still very good.

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #32 of 36
OK, whilst those headphones all have great reviews, they are way out of my price range. I have been offered a pair of Grado SR80 headphones, BNIB for £60 +postage. I think that is a great deal, am I right?

Edit: They are second hand actually, but in mint condition.

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I imagine I will end up being persuaded to shell out more than I realised I could or should but in my view, music is worth it.

The hook has been set.
evil_smiley.gif

Have you heard electrostatic headphones, balanced tube amps, turntables, network servers, power filtration, I2S fed dacs....?

See what I mean, slippery I tell ya. Run while you have any willpower, we are lost, you don't have to be.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #34 of 36
Slippery slope xD.
Came here after my iBuds started dying.
Contemplated Denon AH-C551s..
Ended up with a Shure SE530 PTH
Well the result is in my sig...
My mums not too pleased but I am!

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hook has been set.
evil_smiley.gif

Have you heard electrostatic headphones, balanced tube amps, turntables, network servers, power filtration, I2S fed dacs....?

Yeah, it gets rough quick around these parts.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #36 of 36
LOL it never takes long for a newcomer to be hooked
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't remember if I posted here but welcome Dave UK and more importantly head-fi welcomes your wallet
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back