Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Dec 3, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,911 of 4,765
I thought USB 3 was good for charging power hungry devices but maybe I'm wrong...

It is still usually 5 volts nominal. In theory, you can have USB 3 implemented for higher voltages but then you need a dedicated charger that will deliver it. Your computer ports today won't nor any of the typical USB chargers that are on the market.

Quote (Wikipedia):
 USB 3.0 ports may also implement other USB specifications for increased power, including the USB Battery Charging Specification for up to 1.5 A or 7.5 watts, or the USB Power Delivery specification for up to 100 watts.

Someday an LPG-like device will make sense to be chargeable on USB 3 but not now. With the size of the battery it needs more than 5 volts. The included charger is 12.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,913 of 4,765
I think even USB 2.0 with a higher gauge USB cable will do 1.5 amps.  I have an LG V10 phone that has one of the  Snapdragon chips that have 'fast charge' capability, and also have an Anker charger that supports that function.  It can charge at 9V (reads 8.99V on my inline meter device) and at over 1 amp.  It still can't do 12v though.

The charge voltage has to be higher than the battery being charged, or it won;t charge.  If the PAW has a battery over 5V, than no USB solution will work without a bunch of extra "trick" circuitry....  In other words, the voltage does matter.  That said, I hate proprietary chargers as much as the next guy - Sony wide USB connector, HIfiman 810/901 charger brick....   but sometimes you need what you need....

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #2,916 of 4,765

My only complaint about charger is that Lottoo does not make extra LPG chargers easily available to purchase (ie make them available via amazon and we can drop this topic).

There are many alternative charges as good or better if you search carefully.

Thanks. I don't know about 'many' being available (and I have searched). Few nice people on this forum have posted links to few alternatives and I have purchased one of those. However I don't like fiddling with swapping plug/tips and setting voltages on these charges (at least the one I bought makes you do both) - instead I would prefer to have 2 extra original LPG chargers (one for home, one for work, and one for travel pack) and be done with it.
However if you happen to have links to alternative simple chargers that you know are guaranteed to work with LPG please post them here.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #2,917 of 4,765
Does the LPG plays aiff format?

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #2,918 of 4,765

Thanks. I don't know about 'many' being available (and I have searched). Few nice people on this forum have posted links to few alternatives and I have purchased one of those. However I don't like fiddling with swapping plug/tips and setting voltages on these charges (at least the one I bought makes you do both) - instead I would prefer to have 2 extra original LPG chargers (one for home, one for work, and one for travel pack) and be done with it.
However if you happen to have links to alternative simple chargers that you know are guaranteed to work with LPG please post them here.

It's a 12v 1.25A charger... The label on the charger has all the information you need, right?

I'm sure if you can use head fi you can use google.  

If you get a multi voltage adapter maybe set it to 12v and squirt some glue in there so you don't accidentally bump it onto another voltage while it's in your bag without noticing and end up damaging something...

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #2,919 of 4,765
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Nice. Although I suppose they may have entered into a deal to have exclusivity on the firmware.

And when @Jalo gets access to a firmware update, he can share it.  
biggrin.gif

Meanwhile I will visit Jaben where I bought mine. I seriously doubt that they can help but it cannot hurt to ask. I am also intrigued by this new leather pouch...

​I don't like the pouch because it causes the LPG to get really hot due to it capturing the dissipated heat. Despite that the pairing of the LPG+Vega is truly wonderful...I have it set to 'rock' - PMEQ which makes the music presence really punchy. LPG+ Ether-C(1.1)+PMEQ(headphone) brings the music alive (my attempt at sounding audio savvy)

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #2,920 of 4,765

It's a 12v 1.25A charger... The label on the charger has all the information you need, right?

I'm sure if you can use head fi you can use google.  

If you get a multi voltage adapter maybe set it to 12v and squirt some glue in there so you don't accidentally bump it onto another voltage while it's in your bag without noticing and end up damaging something...

That info is not enough if the plugs size does not match - that's the problem for me - I actually have a few chargers that match as far as voltage and amp specs but the plugs don't match.
Of course I can get a multi voltage adapter and set it to 12v - that is already my backup solution right now but I hate it (and even more hate the idea of applying glue).
If it's that easy to use google to find this charger (with matching plug) why don't you post a few links to them instead of assuming I'm computer illiterate which I assure you I'm not?

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #2,921 of 4,765
never thought that its smaller than the Mojo ... Amazing

Quote:
  My only complaint about charger is that Lottoo does not make extra LPG chargers easily available to purchase (ie make them available via amazon and we can drop this topic).

thankfully , i received mine today with extra charger (out of the box)
its very helpful to buy from official distributor :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #2,922 of 4,765
  never thought that its smaller than the Mojo ... Amazing

Quote:

thankfully , i received mine today with extra charger (out of the box)
its very helpful to buy from official distributor :)

I purchased mine from official distributor as well (the only distributor in USA that I could find at the time I was purchasing which was sonicelectronix), but it did not come with extra charger.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #2,923 of 4,765

I purchased mine from official distributor as well (the only distributor in USA that I could find at the time I was purchasing which was sonicelectronix), but it did not come with extra charger.

Then i think its an extra care from , http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk ( UK distributor )

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,924 of 4,765
​I don't like the pouch because it causes the LPG to get really hot due to it capturing the dissipated heat. Despite that the pairing of the LPG+Vega is truly wonderful...I have it set to 'rock' - PMEQ which makes the music presence really punchy. LPG+ Ether-C(1.1)+PMEQ(headphone) brings the music alive (my attempt at sounding audio savvy)

The pairing of LPG and Vega is indeed awesome. Desktop like sound quality. I use high gain with addition +6 db and adjust volume from there the sound seems to be bigger.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,925 of 4,765

When I first received my Lotoo PAW Gold, the charger wasn’t included.  I raised holy hell and the distributor had to send me one directly from China.  Nevertheless, in the interim, I lucked out as I had a router I was no longer using made by Actiontec whose charger matched the Lotoo.  I don’t know if Actiontec sells replacement chargers, but a situation like mine is an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back