Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,201 of 4,765
  I was asking because on Amazon, they're selling Paw Gold with a microSD card. 
Max for microSD is 200GB.... while a full-sized SD card can reach 512GB. 

Seems to be gone now, but there was one without the micro SD card selling for $300 less yesterday.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #1,204 of 4,765
  FYI I have been using the PNY 256 GB (fullsize) SD card with the PAW Gold since day 1. I formatted it inside the player and it works well.

Same here.

Just as a side note, I had my first Micro SD card failure couple months ago. It stopped being able to write anything, read was fine. I did some research and it seems if the card thinks its going bad it will switch to read only so you can recover your data. If you send it back for warranty replacement, even if you cut it in half or something, they will give you a new one (in proper countries of course). Needless to say I bought a new one myself.
This was a Sandisk Ultra microSDXC 64gb.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,205 of 4,765
  Since we're on the topic of LPG playlists, does the LPG limit the total number of tracks per dynamic playlist, or is it (within the realms of reasonable usage) 'unlimited'?

Cowon J3 has only one dynamic playlist, for example, but with an irritating limit of just 100 tracks in the playlist.

I just did some tests on this. The maximum number of songs in any dynamic playlist is 8,476. This is true for each individual playlist whether you are just using one, or using two or all three.

That is pretty good actually...

(I organize my music by genres. So it was easy to max out the playlists by adding entire genres to them.)

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,206 of 4,765
  I just did some tests on this. The maximum number of songs in any dynamic playlist is 8,476. This is true for each individual playlist whether you are just using one, or using two or all three.

That is pretty good actually...

(I organize my music by genres. So it was easy to max out the playlists by adding entire genres to them.)

Thankyou for taking the time to test that!
beerchug.gif

Yes, that's more than adequate, IMO.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,207 of 4,765
dont u guys think that LPG could sound better than the "original" one?

im thinking about modding internal stuffs, but i dont know much about it
is there anyone who can teach me? :)

at first, i think LPG sound better than the others, but since im hearing this everyday (also hearing home audio with proper room treatment) i think, we can "add something" to LPG so it can sing better than now :)

anyway, i think the line out sound MUCH better than the headphone out

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,209 of 4,765
I received my demo unit 2 days ago. I ve been playing it with my grado collection also fitears iems. Based on my personal opinion..this pawgold is better than my ak240ss. (Also my previous 240). What i mean by better...to make it simple..i would say everything better except the UI and soundstage. Ak240SS is somewhat more spacious. Nicer design. Better UI (but pawgold is snappier and faster to operate) and that is it. Everything else i prefer pawgold. Better clarity. More transparent...blacker background...more realistic..better driving authority..more natural somehow especially the vocal...more realistic on instrument by no means more treble..bass is more solid/tighter/deeper...and it has a better depth in overall sound. I was in dilema deciding between this or ak380. Without auditioning ak380..i confirmed my self to get this pawgold instead of ak380..and the rest of budget (+ more cash) i will get some fitear ciems (335dwsr/mh334 - as i love tg334 with pawgold so much)..i think is a good decision for me and i would not regret it. Pawgold is a very good DAP for me.

Cheers.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,211 of 4,765
Hello guys,

Did anybody listen it with HD800?

How is performance and power handling? Decent or bad?

Cheers

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,212 of 4,765
  Hello guys,

Did anybody listen it with HD800?

How is performance and power handling? Decent or bad?

Cheers

Decent. Paw Gold gives HD800 enough bass body and detail. But still lacking in soundstage when compared to HD800 driven by desktop amps.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,213 of 4,765

Decent. Paw Gold gives HD800 enough bass body and detail. But still lacking in soundstage when compared to HD800 driven by desktop amps.

Good.Thanks for answer. =)

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #1,215 of 4,765
Just bought hm901s with balanced card, too bad my lotoo i have to wait for 2 weeks before re-stocked..(still have a demo unit with me thou) will do comparison once i received hm901s. *feeling excited*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back