Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
May 29, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #796 of 4,765
The line shown up just next of 44K! should I accept it as normal? Crying........this does not affect the sounds quality though!

oh! I found a blue line on the Middle of the screen but not serious. anyone have that? (hope you don't) what should I do? should I send back the unit for checking?

HOT - notice that using it with headphone can cause very hot but a bit warm for using IEM

May 29, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #798 of 4,765
The line shown up just next of 44K! should I accept it as normal? Crying........this does not affect the sounds quality though!

Looks like a minor panel issue. If it were mine, I'd live with it. I know folks get all anal about expensive things but unless I could swap it easily, I'd just enjoy the sound and not stare at it.

May 29, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #800 of 4,765
I am also on the side that overall Lotoo is a much safer option however if we can get the right pairing both player offer an great sound. 

For instance Ultrasone IQ and calyx M is no go for me but it is a decent pairing with lotoo. 

May 29, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #801 of 4,765
I am also on the side that overall Lotoo is a much safer option however if we can get the right pairing both player offer an great sound. 

For instance Ultrasone IQ and calyx M is no go for me but it is a decent pairing with lotoo. 

Lotoo costs twice more. It sells for $1900 on ebay now.
Many people have mentioned that its sound quality rivals that of AK240.

May 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #802 of 4,765
I'm so curious to hear this after all the positive descriptions, especially after getting to sample the HM901s which was very compelling... especially after the docking device underscored how it effectively replaces a high end CD player in a topflight system.

May 30, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #803 of 4,765

If the picture is accurate it seems quite small.  I'd ignore it.  Is it there permanently?  Have you tried to reset the device?

May 30, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #808 of 4,765
A piece of interesting Weibo post from a reputable Chinese headphones retailer called Fly HiFi (Chongqing, China):

Guys at Fly HiFi ranked their favorite DAPs in the 7000RMB+ price bracket, considering solely the sound. 
To the left is (to their ears) the best sounding and the right the worst. 

I shoot them a PM asking why they did not include AK240 in the comparison. They replied me saying that they did give AK240 a listen but that is too much of a price jump from these boys. However they still believe that the first two players in this picture are very competitive even when AK240 is included. 

Original post: http://weibo.com/2482457004/CjjawrdMf?type=comment#_rnd1432987012351

May 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #809 of 4,765
So in China Lotoo is sold less than an AK240? Also the hm901s is a tricky one to review, it has so many different amp board. I myself after getting a hold of the hm901s with the minibox Gold amp board. I am hoping it is essentially my calyx M with the sound of portaphile 627x in it.

I am using the IE800 and Lotoo PAW currently and I am really liking it. My curse is instead of just enjoying this remarkable sound my mind is wondering on how to improve on what I am hearing currently. 

May 30, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #810 of 4,765
Interesting, especially considering how much hype the ZX2 has been getting. What I like about this is that it's more or less a consensus type of ranking from multiple individuals. To be fair, the 901 can be tweaked with other boards and and an AK240 sounds better than a AK120II, at least to me. It's nice to see the Lotoo on top and a pic for scale. It's a lot more portable than it looks like in solo pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back