Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Nov 30, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #2,778 of 4,765
Ok so here's a question for y'all...

My unit keeps freezing up if I select 'play the folder' from my root music folder and I need to use a pin in the reset button to get it working again.

Is this a known issue?

I'm using a Sandisk extreme Pro card, so I don't think that is the issue.

I've only had it for 24 hours, so it's quite possibly user error, I just can't work out what the issue is though.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #2,779 of 4,765

My unit keeps freezing up if I select 'play the folder' from my root music folder and I need to use a pin in the reset button to get it working again.

Is this a known issue?

I've only had it for 24 hours, so it's quite possibly user error, I just can't work out what the issue is though.

I don't understand what you mean by play by folder.
You mean that in the root of your card you have various albums/singers in various folders right?
With this player you can select only by folder your music/files and there is no way to select by genres/artist etc.
Did you format your card on the player and if you haven't do it.
Also i will recommend to have only music in your folders without metadata or album art.I suppose that you are using the latest firmware right?
Do all this and let us know if you still get the same problem.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2,780 of 4,765
I don't understand what you mean by play by folder.
You mean that in the root of your card you have various albums/singers in various folders right?
With this player you can select only by folder your music/files and there is no way to select by genres/artist etc.
Did you format your card on the player and if you haven't do it.
Also i will recommend to have only music in your folders without metadata or album art.I suppose that you are using the latest firmware right?
Do all this and let us know if you still get the same problem.

Ok, so in the root of the card I have the files created by the Paw Gold (Yes I formatted the card inside the Gold) as well as my own music folder which in turn contains 26 other folders, named A through to Z.

I know the Gold doesn't use tags, which is fine as I only sort my music by folders anyway.

I'm using the latest firmware that you sent me, so that's no the problem.

Are you suggesting that my music should have no meta data or album art at all? If that is the case then that is a massive deal breaker for me. I can't imagine wiping the meta data from my music collection as it has taken years to get it all sorted.

Does no one use meta data with the Paw gold??

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #2,781 of 4,765
Not sure what may cause your problem but when i had my Paw Gold had no problems at all, but also never had metadata or anything similar into my files.
As i am used to the Tera Player,i keep my music clean.
Can you try with a folder without no metadata and see how it works?
Also if the problem persists i suggest emailing Lotoo China,they will provide you with a solution i am sure.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,782 of 4,765
Not sure what may cause your problem but when i had my Paw Gold had no problems at all, but also never had metadata or anything similar into my files.
As i am used to the Tera Player,i keep my music clean.
Can you try with a folder without no metadata and see how it works?
Also if the problem persists i suggest emailing Lotoo China,they will provide you with a solution i am sure.

I think I may be close to working it out.

If I select any one of the sub folders and open from there then the Gold will open them, however some of the larger folders take a minute or so to load and during that time they seem to be frozen. I'm wondering if it's struggling with the amount of tracks I'm trying to shuffle? Maybe if I leave it for 20 minutes it will start playing 
biggrin.gif

Is there a limit to the amount of tracks the Gold can handle?

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #2,783 of 4,765
From where?

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/lotoo-paw-gold-portable-digital-reference-level-audio-player.html

I would like to use the Vega, Andromeda, JH13 Frephase, Ibasso IT03, some Fads, Edition 8, HD800, Focal Utopia, the Abyss, and May be LCD4 if I can get my hands on one.

Nice ,, will wait your feedback ,
for me , i will use it with my cans :LCD-X , TH-900 , Focal Elear , Emu Teak , AQ NightHawk , HE-400 , TH-X00 ,  IE800

Where did you get it on discount in the UK?

There is no need to worry about where you bought it from, as all the units are the same.

Once I have obtained the latest firmware I'll let you know 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes please ,, i cant find the latest firmware , my LPG will arrive next monday , i want to be ready :)

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,784 of 4,765
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #2,785 of 4,765
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #2,786 of 4,765
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #2,787 of 4,765

Thanks ,, and i hope you fix your problem ..

No problem. I've just emailed it to you.

We have @musicday
 to thank, who sent it to me earlier :)

I am glad i could assist somehow.
I am the type of guy who will always help if i can.
Let us know how it goes,is worth to email Lotoo China and mention about your issue.
They been helpful before.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #2,788 of 4,765

Is this a known issue?

It happens when the lossless file is too compressed and the unit is doing more work to unpack and decode it.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,789 of 4,765
It happens when the lossless file is too compressed and the unit is doing more work to unpack and decode it.

All my music is redbook 44.1 or 48khz 16bit, so I can't imagine that's it.

I can confirm however that leaving it alone for 5 minutes did work. It suddenly started playing music.

So is that normal to have a delay with the menu frozen, when playing from the highest level?

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #2,790 of 4,765
Thank you all 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back