Introducing Lola, a new headphone from Blue Microphones
Oct 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #16 of 62
  These 'phones have made an appearance in the last two episodes of the Fox TV show 'Empire', probably because of their unique look.

HaHa!  And of course, he's wearing them backwards!  
rolleyes.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #19 of 62
If in term of accuracy to the music track, Beyerdynamic would fit the bill as far as I hear for mixing and recording. Why would Blue took a long time to develop Lola?

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #20 of 62
  If in term of accuracy to the music track, Beyerdynamic would fit the bill as far as I hear for mixing and recording. Why would Blue took a long time to develop Lola?

In terms of accuracy, a pair of $40 Sony will fit the bill for general application.

I am going to assume Blue took a long time developing the Lolo because R&D is a lengthy process. With my background in manufacturing, I can tell you first hand taking an existing, established  product and slightly altering it takes months. One can't simply slap parts together and call it a day....unless you are Beats.

beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #21 of 62
Nov 20, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #22 of 62
  very nice! I would love to check it out in white. :)

I LOVE the blue mofi (though mine is a review one, not the production one). See me avatar?

It's my favourite headphone by a mile. I look forward to you REVIEWING these on youtube, please don't just unbox them - what's the point? I'd like you to try the v-moda wireless too and give us your thoughts.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #23 of 62
  I had a brief demo of the Mo-Fi & I really liked what I heard...if the Lola sounds anywhere near as good, I may be digging into the wallet...again...sigh.

NEAR as good, get the Sony aap100 H.ear thing. I have both, amongst other mid range ones. The Sony is almost there, punchy, weighty, but not really in the same league as the Mofi which has deep deep articulate honest-to the-note bass and mega clear highs, all with an upfront solid clean mid range. And that's without the MoFi's amazingly good amp. I don't like hyperbole but the mofi deserves it. And yes if the Lola is close and around 160USD it's going to be excellent. If it's more than that get the Mofi and enjoy the best closed sound available under 500. Yes, including overrated Mad and Alpha dogs which lack top end clarity and low end musicality.

IF...

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #24 of 62
Amazon page is up! 
biggrin.gif
  But there isn't any stock yet. 
mad.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sealed-Over-Ear-High-Fidelity-Headphones/dp/B016A8OUUQ

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #26 of 62
So I sold my old gear (Woo Audio WA2 and WDS) and cans to make room for my endgame rig: Schiit Ragnarok and Yggdrasil.  I am using HE1000s as well as LCD-Xs.  For kicks, I plugged in the Blue Mic Lola's using the stock ribbon cable and 1/4 inch SE adapter.  I don't know what I was expecting, but the Lola's SING on this rig.  Playing lossless tracks via TOSLINK, I was truly impressed by how coherent they sounded.  The soundstage was reasonable, but dare I say, the music was "holographic".  I thought I could hear the reverb from the mallets of a xylophone!  I pushed them hard with a variety of tracks (pop, classical/orchestral) and they kept up and never frayed, if that makes any sense.  The Lola's are not the match of flagship cans from Hifiman, Audeze, Sennheiser, etc., but you would not be embarrassed to play them on a rig like this.  Bravo, Blue Mic!

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #27 of 62
hows the comfort level on this Lola....  

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 62
Lorspeaker,

So with the customary caveats regarding subjectivity as well as individual head sizes/shapes, I must say I find the Lola very comfortable.  To put this into context, I did previously have a pair of the MoFi's.  However, I returned them since they pressed rather uncomfortably against my upper jaw.  I do not have that problem with the Lola's, although their headband architecture is quite similar.  The Lola headphones are on the heavier side, especially compared to the Fostex TH-X00.  Regardless, for about $250.00, I think they are a great pair of cans.

-pcpark

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 62
Mark Up,

I vaguely remember the sound signature of MoFi's.  For me, the biggest negatives were the weight of the headphones and the way they pressed down on my jaw.  To put this into context, I also had a pair of LCD-2s at the time, which are be no means featherweights.  Regardless, the point of my post, was that if you play the Lola's on a (relatively) high end rig, you will not be disappointed.  By comparison to the Schiit Rag/Ygg rig, they were at best ho-hum on my portable setup (Centrance HiFi-M8 with itouch).  Finally, while I am still breaking in my pair of the Fostex TH-X00s, I feel the Lola's suffer very limit by comparison.

Hope this helps.

-pcpark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back