Introducing HIFIMAN EF600--Desktop DAC/AMP Featuring HYMALAYA Pro Modules
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #167 of 263
Is there any noise/hiss on the single ended headphone out when using high sensitivity cans?

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #168 of 263
Is there any noise/hiss on the single ended headphone out when using high sensitivity cans?
I heard a little bit of hiss using high gain on the XLR output with 64 ohm 113.5 db sensitivity cans, and the hiss disappeared when switching to low gain on the XLR. So I would imagine absolutely no hissing on SE output

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #169 of 263

Not a problem. I even tested the single ended output with 64 Audio U12t, still no hiss (Low Gain NOS mode).

I suspect the gain is a bit high (as expected though), so there's tiny leaking music sound at volume zero. Only happen when I plugged U12t though (12.6 Ohm with 108dB sensitivity).

With any headphones I tried, even Grado or Meze 109, also no hiss at all.

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #170 of 263
my EF600 has finally arrived after months of delays

first impression: the volume knob on my unit isnt working correctly. instead of adjusting the volume lower or higher, it pans the sound from left to right and stays at a fixed volume.

i could probably send this back for a replacement but i'm not going to

anyway, i'm coming off of Topping A90D and SMSL SU-10, and whatever I guess I like the EF600 better take that for whatever it's worth (nothing)

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #171 of 263

first impression: the volume knob on my unit isnt working correctly. instead of adjusting the volume lower or higher, it pans the sound from left to right and stays at a fixed volume.

anyway, i'm coming off of Topping A90D and SMSL SU-10, and whatever I guess I like the EF600 better take that for whatever it's worth (nothing)
Can someone tell me how or if that is technically possible? That comment is giving me some troll vibes.

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #172 of 263
Just checked the EF600 manual. There's no balance control on this amp--none that I can see. So to suddenly get balance control type operation out of the volume control would be a profound and unprecedented malfunction.

If this is really happening, this user qualifies not just for warranty repair, but for HFM freebies (after signing an NDA).

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #173 of 263
It took it's time, but it's here and burning in. 30 hours on it so far. Needed another flavour of amp/dac and so far.....it's different from A90D, but very good. Edition XS are my go to phones at the moment. Having some Verum 1 MKII on the way....bit long wait for these.
20230718_203832.jpg

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #174 of 263

Hi there, if there is any problem with your device, please feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com. Our support team will reply to you asap. Thank you!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 20, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #175 of 263

You want to keep a unit with no possibility to adjust the volume???

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #176 of 263
Documentation is saying it is compatible with win11 and macOS for USB.
But is usb-c compatible with anything? I mean, if I want to connect my android DAP in USB DAC mode to feed the ef600 with my Flacs, is it ok?

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #177 of 263
Documentation is saying it is compatible with win11 and macOS for USB.
But is usb-c compatible with anything? I mean, if I want to connect my android DAP in USB DAC mode to feed the ef600 with my Flacs, is it ok?
I tried with iPhone and didn’t get it to work. But maybe it’s user error. Anyways, Bluetooth sounds great, but see that you might wish more for your FLAC records.

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #178 of 263

Users who are viewing this thread

Back