Introducing HIFIMAN AUDIVINA--New Closed-Back Planar Headphones!
Jun 4, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #106 of 119
Jun 17, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #107 of 119
(Cross-posting from the Watercooler Thread)

The Hifiman Audivina is a good headphone. It sounds like a closed back but its got a pretty decent tonality, wonderful separation and projection of images, and a lovely bass and midrange. Not sure why its not getting more attention.

Katie Melua’s vocals sound stunning on it.

Strings have great note weight on “I Could Have Lied” by RHCP. The bass guitar has great note weight and sounds well-separated from the drums which sound fairly powerful.

I had to turn the volume down a tad on “Game Over” by Machine Head. There is some upper mid / lower treble energy which might not go well with metal.

But it sounds fast and the planar bass is a damn treat after listening to mostly IEMs the last several months. You can also make out each individual drum hit distinctly.

Meanwhile, Seal’s voice sounds powerful but delicate when the track calls for it.

And finally, although it wasn’t checking all my boxes for metal, it was quite impressive with prog rock of Tool. I really enjoyed “Invincible” from the Fear Inoculum album. James Maynard Keenan’s vocals sound equal parts melancholic and melodic while the Audivina extracts fine nuances from the track.

This is an impressive headphone that more people need to check out, especially if you have a need for a closed back.

Comfort is good, clamp force is minimal and weight is rather manageable.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #108 of 119
I want one for the looks and comfort (the egg-shaped cups are very accommodating to my large ears) alone -- but at this price, I would love to see a comparison to the Meze Liric, priced virtually the same, and which I've been considering for some time.

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #109 of 119
The Hifiman Audivina is a good headphone. It sounds like a closed back but its got a pretty decent tonality, wonderful separation and projection of images, and a lovely bass and midrange. Not sure why its not getting more attention.

This is an impressive headphone that more people need to check out, especially if you have a need for a closed back.

Comfort is good, clamp force is minimal and weight is rather manageable.
Couldn't agree more about the Audivina's. It's a very, very good headphone. If I didn't have the HE-R10P's I would have one.

Jun 18, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #110 of 119
Thank you for sharing your impressions, @Sajid Amit.

How did you find the leakage? Several have mentioned that being a not so great aspect, for being a closed back. Your lack of mentioning that being a major drawback is making think that they're perhaps not super terrible after all in that regard.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #111 of 119
I have just realised, the initial release price of £1999 has already dropped to £1699 in the UK. In case someone is interested in the Audivina.

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #114 of 119
Some people are not afraid to say the truth.

No, some people are not afraid to give their OPINION! His ears are not ours, and I for one think he is dead wrong despite me agreeing with virtually all other reviews he has done with headgear I am experienced with. He gave his subjective opinion with little objective talking points. It truly and sincerely was an embarrassment to watch this "review".

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #115 of 119
Another honest review. These HP's bring out the most damning adjectives from objective reviewers. There is no precedent in modern history for such condemnation, and it's slowly spreading. Billions of people are waking up to the bitter reality that the Audivina are not what they claim to be. These reviews are revolutionary in their directness. None of the major regular reviewers would touch the Audivina. I don't understand how anyone can put them on and not realize immediately they are trash.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #116 of 119
No, some people are not afraid to give their OPINION! His ears are not ours, and I for one think he is dead wrong despite me agreeing with virtually all other reviews he has done with headgear I am experienced with. He gave his subjective opinion with little objective talking points. It truly and sincerely was an embarrassment to watch this "review".
Yes, I said so in the comments on that video. He really mailed that review in. 😂. I really like his work generally, and still watch his new reviews. Good dude, I just found that review to be his worst - not because I disagreed with his conclusion (I’ve never heard them myself) but in the lack of real content.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #117 of 119
Yes, I said so in the comments on that video. He really mailed that review in. 😂. I really like his work generally, and still watch his new reviews. Good dude, I just found that review to be his worst - not because I disagreed with his conclusion (I’ve never heard them myself) but in the lack of real content.
Reviewers truly and sincerely react with a cognitive block to the dreadfulness of these HP's and switch from cerebral mode to a more gut reaction level. There is a consensus on this thread that these HP's are the #1 problem in the world right now.

Feb 1, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #118 of 119
Reviewers truly and sincerely react with a cognitive block to the dreadfulness of these HP's and switch from cerebral mode to a more gut reaction level. There is a consensus on this thread that these HP's are the #1 problem in the world right now.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

I literally just guffawed heartily. Thanks for that. 😁🙌🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

Back