Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Dec 15, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #423 of 729
Dec 15, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #424 of 729
I use FabFilter Pro-Q 3.
That I can do. But I was wondering what was their system wide software they used.

Thinking about it, I might not want to do that as it might wreck my Sonarwork systemwide integration. I think I'll play with Q3 as well.

I just need to download my reference and I'll be good to go.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #425 of 729
Let’s talk musicality 🎶

Today I had the opportunity to audition some Focal’s and Grado’s. The biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed the latter.

Looking at the frequency response of the SR80x it’s interesting to see how it overlaps with our curves for the Ananda Nano that are geared towards enjoyment. (Also interesting to see their “studio” frequency response.)

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #426 of 729
Let’s talk musicality 🎶

Today I had the opportunity to audition some Focal’s and Grado’s. The biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed the latter.

Looking at the frequency response of the SR80x it’s interesting to see how it overlaps with our curves for the Ananda Nano that are geared towards enjoyment. (Also interesting to see their “studio” frequency response.)
Which focals did you listen to ?

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #427 of 729
That I can do. But I was wondering what was their system wide software they used.

Thinking about it, I might not want to do that as it might wreck my Sonarwork systemwide integration. I think I'll play with Q3 as well.

I just need to download my reference and I'll be good to go.
Hey did you know you can enter a code to get sonsrworks to start with a flat EQ and not a headphone profile!? So now it’s basically the same as that peace Eq thing on PC!

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #429 of 729
Hey did you know you can enter a code to get sonsrworks to start with a flat EQ and not a headphone profile!? So now it’s basically the same as that peace Eq thing on PC!
Really ? That would be awesome as I could use it to make a test profile. Care to share ? In PM if it's ''illegal''.

EDIT: Apparently its not as I found it in their blog and it work. Here it is if it can help anyone else. AA000A

Thanks a lot for the heads up Casey, appreciated ! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #430 of 729
I just trie
I'm using peace / equalizer apo
I just tried your EQ in Sonarwork and sadly I cannot fix the slope of the Low Shelf. I think it's off a lot because of that. Still, I find your EQ very party friendly. Not much in the mid lows definition but HUGE sub frequencies. At low volume , it almost remember me of my old living room sound system.

1702706711241.png

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #431 of 729
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #432 of 729
Sure!

These are the updated settings I’m using now and enjoying:
  • At 22 Hz, +3 dB with Q=1.41 (Bell)
  • At 50 Hz, +3 dB with a slope of 12 dB per octave (Low Shelf)
  • At 70-80 Hz, -2 dB with Q=0.7-1.41 (Bell)*
  • At 163 Hz, +1.0-2.0 dB with Q=1.41 (Bell)*
  • At 2190 Hz, +4.0-5.0 dB with Q=2.6 (Bell)*
  • At 3850 Hz, -2 dB with ”slow” slope of 6 dB per octave (High Shelf)
  • At 5750 Hz, +1.3 dB with Q=4.3 (Bell)
  • At 6500 Hz, -2.5 dB with Q=4.0 (Bell)
  • At 8400 Hz, -2.0 dB with Q=5.0
  • At 10800 Hz, -4.0 dB with a slope of 12 dB per octave (High Shelf)*
These settings are based on the work of @HardstyleLoco96 and input from @martel80 :pray:

*= under review :)

I use APO Peace and I set your profile like this:

EQ1.jpg

But I don't know if it is right, because there are settings that I can't set.

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #433 of 729
I use APO Peace and I set your profile like this:

EQ1.jpg

But I don't know if it is right, because there are settings that I can't set.
Excellent!

Two things I’d like for you to adjust to make it even more inline with what I did:
  • Adjust the Q values on the shelf at 22 Hz, 3850 Hz and 10800 Hz to Q=0.71 for all three. If you can’t adjust the slope of the curve then you’ll be fine with that Q.
  • Remove the settings at 80 Hz and just keep the one at 70 Hz. I was trying to figure where to do the cut and with what Q, that’s why I wrote an intervall.
How does it sound?

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #434 of 729
Bathys and Celestee.
And my very short review is that I won’t consider either as options for ME:
  • I liked the Bathys but the use case is just unclear for me in my daily life. If its use case is ANC while travelling I don’t think the value is there. Maybe for someone looking for a wired ANC with great sound?
  • The Celestee I just didn’t get at all. Nice headphone with good sound but there must be better options at that price…
So I won’t bother in making any comparisons with the Ananda Nano. Todays auditions of Audeze’s will hopefully be more interesting :smile:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #435 of 729
Some Audeze’s and the Hifiman Ananda Nano (in several parts)
Today I had the opportunity to audition the following:
  • Audeze LCD-X 2021
  • Audeze LCD-2 Classic
  • Audeze MM-500
  • (Dali IO-12)
The staff at the store I visited was really excellent: they hooked everything up, made sure it worked and then just let me listen. The setup wasn’t on a level that made me confident in evaluating technicalities but good enough to get a feel for what each headphone was capable of and absolutely its tonality.

A surprise was the MM-500. The last time I heard it was connected to a Chord Hugo TT2 with M Scaler. That time I really enjoyed its technicalities and that was also what stood out to me. Maybe that also played into that setups strenghts? Today not at all as impressed. On a less capable setup the tonality and comfort was more what I focused on. The frequency respone is just a bit too forward in the mids for casual use in my opinion, but I can see how it works great for mixing. Otherwise nice tonality and many strenghts but couldn’t help but feel that the setup held it back. The comfort was also something of a mixed bag: nice weight but a bit clampy and some hotspot on top of my (big) head.

Funny thing is that the big takeaway was how good the Ananda Nano is even in comparision with a more expensive headphone :ksc75smile:

More to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back