Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Jun 17, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #106 of 833
Hey guys! I just got into this hobby... more like dipping my toe in. I have a Topping E50 dac and an L70 amp. My Ananda Nanos just arrived yesterday and I'm impressed; thrilled, even. My question is, are the benefits worth the price jump to the Arya? Do you get $700 more value over the Ananda when listening to the Arya ($1,300 for the Organic which I know few have yet to hear)? Do you guys feel the Ananda Nanos are in the diminishing returns territory or is there yet still a vast new experience to be had with more expensive gear?
If you just got into this I think the Ananda will do just fine, most people never get a headphone even near that good, Ananda is endgame for most IMO. It does it all, detail, soundstage, bass, imaging, mids, relaxed and analytical at the same time all while maintaining it's musicality. If I were you I would just enjoy what you have! And no the Arya isn't going to sound $700 better than the Ananda which itself doesn't sound twice as good as the Sundara even though it is twice as much. Law of diminishing returns hits hard after $500 IMO.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #108 of 833
Hey guys! I just got into this hobby... more like dipping my toe in. I have a Topping E50 dac and an L70 amp. My Ananda Nanos just arrived yesterday and I'm impressed; thrilled, even. My question is, are the benefits worth the price jump to the Arya? Do you get $700 more value over the Ananda when listening to the Arya ($1,300 for the Organic which I know few have yet to hear)? Do you guys feel the Ananda Nanos are in the diminishing returns territory or is there yet still a vast new experience to be had with more expensive gear?
I just got into the headphones aswell being into iems for just over a year.
I have the ananda stealth & ananda bluetooth which are great headphones, also just got the he1000v2 which is a bit better but will need another amp/dac to find out its true potential.
But to answer your question the anandas are a well rounded headphone also I highly recommend the original focal clear.

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #109 of 833
Be nice if someone compared it to the Ananda Stealth....
He mentions the Ananda Stealth in his YouTube review. In short, to the extent that the Stealth tamed the original Ananda's treble a bit and extended the bass a bit, the Nano is to the Stealth as the Stealth is to the original.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #111 of 833
Those who own the new ananda nano & the ananda stealth do you think the difference is enough to justify owning both ?
The reason I ask is that I just purchased the stealth about 3 weeks ago as an open box after hearing a few responses on here about the ananda nano being a bit bright but apparently now from a few reviews its not bright. 🙄

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #112 of 833
Those who own the new ananda nano & the ananda stealth do you think the difference is enough to justify owning both ?
The reason I ask is that I just purchased the stealth about 3 weeks ago as an open box after hearing a few responses on here about the ananda nano being a bit bright but apparently now from a few reviews its not bright. 🙄
I am in the same boat, got my Stealth a couple months ago and then Hifiman does what they do and releases a update to a newly updated headphone 😜... I honestly love them for it, no company is as willing to upgrade their sound as quickly, just in it for sound quality! (Wish they were in it for build quality to 😂). I had heard the same thing as you and then a couple reviews basically called the headphone perfect and threw me for a bit of a loop but I do really love my stealth so I will probably just stick with that. Weirdly I think the fact that it looks different makes me feel the need to upgrade more... If it was still the same color scheme I don't know that I would care because I also want the silver Sundara and that is no different sonically at all than the regular Sundara.

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #113 of 833
I am in the same boat, got my Stealth a couple months ago and then Hifiman does what they do and releases a update to a newly updated headphone 😜... I honestly love them for it, no company is as willing to upgrade their sound as quickly, just in it for sound quality! (Wish they were in it for build quality to 😂). I had heard the same thing as you and then a couple reviews basically called the headphone perfect and threw me for a bit of a loop but I do really love my stealth so I will probably just stick with that. Weirdly I think the fact that it looks different makes me feel the need to upgrade more... If it was still the same color scheme I don't know that I would care because I also want the silver Sundara and that is no different sonically at all than the regular Sundara.
Yes I agree I will be keeping my stealth also, i recently bought the he1000v2 for a great deal with only 10hours use on it from the previous owner. Also may get the arya organic if it gets enough good reviews. I'm not in the habit of selling my headphones or iems.

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #115 of 833
Guys, which headphones provide greater listening pleasure, Ananda Nano or Edition XS? If someone has compared the two models, please share with us.
I got my replacement Nano in a few days ago. I already sold the XS. There’s a definite difference in speed, detail and clarity, which to me also helps with imaging. Treble is maybe a bit brighter and more airy, but I prefer this and don’t find it too bright at all. Timbre is about the same to me. I also think the Nano is a better complement to my only other set of headphones, I actually use, the OG Clear.

I’d say it’s close but noticeable and easily worth the $100-150, on sound alone. I actually wonder if the more difficult question is whether the Arya SE is worth 400 more than the Ananda now that the Arya SE is 1000 new. Without ever hearing the Arya I’d guess not, but would be interested in hearing what others thought.

The biggest difference is probably fit and comfort, which will probably be very person specific. The Edition XS is much looser on the head, and for me I actually felt the band less than the suspension band on the Ananda. So if you have a big round head, the Edition XS will probably be much more comfortable, especially since both cups are huge but the Ananda puts more stress on the jaw area because of the clamp and lack of swivel. The Ananda fit much better for me. The XS was super comfy on the head but a bit too loose for me to the point that I couldn’t really move my head without them slipping, and/or making a creaking sound. Also harder to make a good seal for the same reason.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #116 of 833
I got my replacement Nano in a few days ago. I already sold the XS. There’s a definite difference in speed, detail and clarity, which to me also helps with imaging. Treble is maybe a bit brighter and more airy, but I prefer this and don’t find it too bright at all. Timbre is about the same to me. I also think the Nano is a better complement to my only other set of headphones, I actually use, the OG Clear.

I’d say it’s close but noticeable and easily worth the $100-150, on sound alone. I actually wonder if the more difficult question is whether the Arya SE is worth 400 more than the Ananda now that the Arya SE is 1000 new. Without ever hearing the Arya I’d guess not, but would be interested in hearing what others thought.

The biggest difference is probably fit and comfort, which will probably be very person specific. The Edition XS is much looser on the head, and for me I actually felt the band less than the suspension band on the Ananda. So if you have a big round head, the Edition XS will probably be much more comfortable, especially since both cups are huge but the Ananda puts more stress on the jaw area because of the clamp and lack of swivel. The Ananda fit much better for me. The XS was super comfy on the head but a bit too loose for me to the point that I couldn’t really move my head without them slipping, and/or making a creaking sound. Also harder to make a good seal for the same reason.
Nano vs Clear OG comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back