Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #604 of 798
I like that bald fella with beard on the headphone review. Really good reviews. I've been listening to the nano for hours now swapping between the ttoby and the tt2 driving them and this is the first time I prefer driving these headphones through the M scaler and tt2. They proper in your face adrenaline rush. I had the hifiman he1000 v2 stealth before these. They were less intense larger sound stage but nano is rocket fuel. Its like in the 80.'s when you listened to a Naim system... the music speeds up

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #606 of 798
I like that bald fella with beard on the headphone review. Really good reviews. I've been listening to the nano for hours now swapping between the ttoby and the tt2 driving them and this is the first time I prefer driving these headphones through the M scaler and tt2. They proper in your face adrenaline rush. I had the hifiman he1000 v2 stealth before these. They were less intense larger sound stage but nano is rocket fuel. Its like in the 80.'s when you listened to a Naim system... the music speeds up
Yeah, why didn’t I think of that comparison with a Naim system! :beerchug:

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #607 of 798
Update
As I’ve put more and more hours on the Nano’s I’ve become less and less inclined to use eq. They just sound fantastic, period. :L3000:

Feb 14, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #610 of 798
How is compared to Clear OG?
I've owned both the clear Og pro and the focal Utopia, I hated the Utopia but loved the Clear Og. I was sick of seeing the reviews on the hifiman headphones but since I've owned so many models from them I'm hooked. I bought the Moondrop venus before buying the Nano, Sent them back after a few days. Normally you need competition for a Hifi company to lower prices but Hifiman are proper strange but for the customer it is fantastic. I would buy the Nano over the Focal clear OG

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #611 of 798
I've owned both the clear Og pro and the focal Utopia, I hated the Utopia but loved the Clear Og. I was sick of seeing the reviews on the hifiman headphones but since I've owned so many models from them I'm hooked. I bought the Moondrop venus before buying the Nano, Sent them back after a few days. Normally you need competition for a Hifi company to lower prices but Hifiman are proper strange but for the customer it is fantastic. I would buy the Nano over the Focal clear OG
I’ve also had the Focal Utopia OG 😉

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #612 of 798
These Ananda Nanos are probably my favorite headphones I've owned or tried so far! Hopefully they are measured at more places to try out some EQ settings.

I think these could be a good 'studio/mixing/mastering' type standard headphone. Even without EQ they sound pretty great! Jade II's are lighter and a more comfortable and less clamping force (most comfortable headphones I've owned) but these aren't bad.

I'm a fan of the Sundara's and Electrostatics like L300/L500mkii/Jade II - so that's my taste in headphones and these are similar to the electrostatics if not better due to the ability to get louder and have more bass. (I mostly use headphones for mixing music type things)

I'd say these are my new standard mixing headphones! For IEM's: 7hz Zero 2's are pretty similar too - I'm pretty happy with the combo of Zero 2's and Nanos!
They give my calibrated Neumann speakers and subs a run for the money!

More measurements would be beneficial though as I do feel that a better eq could make these be even better.

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #613 of 798
These Ananda Nanos are probably my favorite headphones I've owned or tried so far! Hopefully they are measured at more places to try out some EQ settings.

I think these could be a good 'studio/mixing/mastering' type standard headphone. Even without EQ they sound pretty great! Jade II's are lighter and a more comfortable and less clamping force (most comfortable headphones I've owned) but these aren't bad.

I'm a fan of the Sundara's and Electrostatics like L300/L500mkii/Jade II - so that's my taste in headphones and these are similar to the electrostatics if not better due to the ability to get louder and have more bass. (I mostly use headphones for mixing music type things)

I'd say these are my new standard mixing headphones! For IEM's: 7hz Zero 2's are pretty similar too - I'm pretty happy with the combo of Zero 2's and Nanos!
They give my calibrated Neumann speakers and subs a run for the money!

More measurements would be beneficial though as I do feel that a better eq could make these be even better.
If you’re used to studio flat, you are right on point . They do need some pretty drastic EQing. The most notable is the treble boost. From the top of my head, I think it’s something like -8db at 7khz . Pretty heavy slope from 3.5 kHz to 10 khz. Also a very noticeable boost at about 1900hz and it’s a wide bell covering 1 kHz to 3.5 khz or about. Got mine measured by Sonarwork and they became the portable device I trust most ever since. They are not at the level of resolution and micro details of my Lipinskis L-707 in my room but they are nothing short of amazing compared to what I used before (Q701, HD650, NDH30 and VSX).

I’d still suggest you get yours measured by sonarwork. It’s really worth the price and they did a great job of bringing them into healthy territory.

I’m now on a quest to find better but it’s a serious headache honestly as a lot of 2K$ cans seems to be a hit or miss or simply not that technically gifted.

Feb 14, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #614 of 798
If you’re used to studio flat, you are right on point . They do need some pretty drastic EQing. The most notable is the treble boost. From the top of my head, I think it’s something like -8db at 7khz . Pretty heavy slope from 3.5 kHz to 10 khz. Also a very noticeable boost at about 1900hz and it’s a wide bell covering 1 kHz to 3.5 khz or about. Got mine measured by Sonarwork and they became the portable device I trust most ever since. They are not at the level of resolution and micro details of my Lipinskis L-707 in my room but they are nothing short of amazing compared to what I used before (Q701, HD650, NDH30 and VSX).

I’d still suggest you get yours measured by sonarwork. It’s really worth the price and they did a great job of bringing them into healthy territory.

I’m now on a quest to find better but it’s a serious headache honestly as a lot of 2K$ cans seems to be a hit or miss or simply not that technically gifted.
I used to have sonarworks but personally never seemed to like any of the stock settings for headphones. I usually prefer the Crinacle or Oratory measurements and changing them a bit to my own taste if needed. I'm not opposed to trying it though one day, but I mostly use speakers anyways.

For speaker calibration: I prefer Neumann calibration software, then Dirac, and then Sonarworks.

Instead of questing for expensive headphones where it's mostly just diminishing returns where it's mostly comfort or a different, not better sound - You could always put that money towards a sub or two or new speakers or a surround setup or something. I use my speakers much more than I use my headphones or even my car - so putting money towards what you use most always seems like the best use of money.

*But hey - I did impulse buy these Nano's ... and barely even use headphones, so I probably shouldn't be talking :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #615 of 798
I used to have sonarworks but personally never seemed to like any of the stock settings for headphones. I usually prefer the Crinacle or Oratory measurements and changing them a bit to my own taste if needed. I'm not opposed to trying it though one day, but I mostly use speakers anyways.

For speaker calibration: I prefer Neumann calibration software, then Dirac, and then Sonarworks.

Instead of questing for expensive headphones where it's mostly just diminishing returns where it's mostly comfort or a different, not better sound - You could always put that money towards a sub or two or new speakers or a surround setup or something. I use my speakers much more than I use my headphones or even my car - so putting money towards what you use most always seems like the best use of money.

*But hey - I did impulse buy these Nano's ... and barely even use headphones, so I probably shouldn't be talking :wink:
I’ve tried many monitors and preferred my Lipinski’s. I use to work on mid tier monitors like Neumann, Genelec, APS and Geithain until I took a big break and started to audition ( in my studio ) some mastering grade monitors. I loved the SCM50 ASL Pro but they were too big and just a tad too mid forward for my need. It’s when I heard the Lipinskis that i understood what I was missing all that time. Matched with my twin sealed 9 inchers for subs, this thing is laser precise and in retrospect, I understand why it’s a classical music mastering engineer favourite.

Now that you’re mentioning the Neumann profile, it’s understandable why you would not gravitate around Sonarwork. A Trinnov will also not work for you unless you tweak it with a treble boost which is just wasted money for you at that point.

It’s now difficult for me to go back to lesser proficient monitors like the ones I used to work on but a good pair of cans is of the outmost importance to me now that I travel 6 months every year and cannot bring my monitors with me.

Last year I took a few contracts (while away with only my headphones) and was able to deliver something decent . I got a few more this year and the nanos served me very well. Just waiting to come back home in April to confirm .

It’s a bit of a steep slope to trust your cans 100% but once you’ve done what you had to do, at least with the nanos , it’s a joy ride.

The reason for my “better” headphones quest.

I saw you have the Jade II. Why didn’t you have them measured and calibrated ? Is it that the stock profile pleases you or that you are used to bass shy monitoring system ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back