Introducing CTC Audio - Official North American Distributor of DUNU, FIDUE, and T-PEOS!
Nov 7, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #16 of 25
  try sending them a PM in here. 2 posts above this.

I already did before posting, and I finally got word back and it was from the owner himself. According to him, when the cat (he, the owner) was away (on a vacation trip), the mice played (neglected to answer inquiries, did not ship orders, etc.) and made a mess of things for him. As a form of apology, he offered me some free ear tips, which I gladly accepted, but this sort of thing is inexcusable. Still, I cannot trust a company with my money that does not have keep a careful eye on its employees, having built-in mechanisms to check itself before it's too late. For all I know, I could receive a pair of used earphones or I could be missing accessories and so on because the employees get away with murder if the CEO is not on their back at all times. Sorry, but I will stick to Amazon, BH Photo Video, Sonic Electronix and other reputable stores until this company has developed a long track record of reliable service.

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #17 of 25
I just did some price comparisons with IEMs on the CTC site compared to the prices Amazon.com is offering for the same product.  I looked at both the US and Canadian prices.  In most every case Amazon offers a better price.  If you're Canadian you're definitely paying more than you should be (factoring in the exchange rate).

CTC might want to revise it's pricing so that it either matches or betters the competition. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #18 of 25
authorized dealer and factory warranties at CTC, unsure what Amazon does in that regards down the road ( timeframes ).

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 25
  authorized dealer and factory warranties at CTC, unsure what Amazon does in that regards down the road ( timeframes ).

Any time I've had problems with items I've bought at Amazon the customer service has been excellent.  Responses are quick and they usually suggest reasonable and fair methods to solve any issues.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 25
Hi guys, 
            Thanks to all who have made me aware of these comments. 

Yes, it is true that I've been away for some time and put trust in a few individuals who truly messed things up. We are still a relatively new, small company and have taken full responsibility of these delays. 

All paying customers have been made aware of the situation and have been compensated largely for the delay. Valued potential customers who have not placed orders have also been offered free gifts as a gesture. 

To all Canadians, unfortunately with the current exchange rate, we are all suffering unfortunately. We are working on a second site that will offer Canadians a better rate at Canadian prices. 

In the meantime, Canadian customers may PM me directly, or send us an email at service@ctcaudio.com and we will be happy to offer a better Canadian rate on all products. 

Thanks for the support

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #21 of 25
Just posting to say that CTC audio's customer support has been second to none during this unfortunate event. Jeremy was always quick to reply with an email within a day of me having sent one to inquire about what was up with the order I placed which wasn't shipping. This seems like a mess that was caused by the absence of key individuals at CTC, and I really doubt CTC audio is going to let this happen ever again, so I'm still going to be a loyal customer of theirs.

Also, Jeremy agreed to bump my order from the T-PEOS H150s to the H300s to make up for the delay, which is more than fair and something I'm pretty excited about.The way this is being handled, and the responsiveness of CTC audio gives me confidence that customer satisfaction is something they take seriously and will ensure for the future, which is all I really care about.

Edit: I should add that the mess is pretty much cleaned up at this time, and CTC audio is doing excellent business as usual

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 25
good to know that things are back in order. I was sitting on the sidelines to see what happened since theyre the only canadian dunu dealer.

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #23 of 25
Thanks guys for your support!

@Hifihedgehog We appreciate your comments and understand where you are coming from, and apologize for not responding to your query
within a timely manner. 

While there are definitely other, much larger sources to purchase products from, I believe that we have handled your situation quite reasonably
by offering a free gift, even though you have decided not to order from us - which is something large companies simply will not offer. 

Unlike larger companies, we also provide an extended replacement period, and will continue to work with you following this period in case you
run into problems and need aftermarket support. 

We are a committed Head-Fi Sponsor and will continue to grow and improve our customer service to ensure that problems like this do not occur
in the future. 

Happy Listening!

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #24 of 25
I've been quite happy having dealt with Jeremy/CTC in the past.In terms of back and forth communication, we have long and extended chats about gear and impressions knowing that I have so much to ask and learn about the amazing list of gear that's made available through the ctc website.

I do agree that the Canadian currency sucks hard right now, but hopefully things change within the coming year. Mind you, it is nice to purchase something like a dunu dn2000j and have it by your door 2 days later!

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 25
I have dealt with Jemery/CTC and have been very satisfied! He is helpful and courteous. Places like Amazon and B&H Photo are difficult to beat depending on the manufacturer and their agreements. For instance, several years ago I could buy almost any Tascam product from B&H for less than my dealer pricing! They aren't as bad now but that is a for-instance. The trick is to take care of one another and help where we can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back