Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Mar 6, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #167 of 193
Sorry, I almost stretched "tomorrow" to next week.
frown.gif

Here are pictures I promised though.

Never mind! But it seems this is different to our A2DC connector, hence, we have no this connector at the moment.
Sorry about the disappointment!

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #170 of 193
TLDR: I am looking forward for the next generation of LEAR BTC-01, with a significant increase in battery capacity.

BTC-01 works great with my Shure SE535, paired with my MBP.

But on iOS devices, in jean's pocket or in satchel bag -- i occasionally encountered audio drops while commuting.

I love LEAR, where the company takes pride and time to be active on this forum; however, 

BTC-01 has a limited 3 hours endurance, making it too cumbersome to keep it charged several times a day.

Based on my usage, i was sure that the battery life (charge capacity) would wear out within months.

Unfortunately i have sold my version of BTC-01 after trying it out for almost a week; it was a fun, but a bad investment.

Maintaining the battery charge was a hinderance and a added inconvenience to my daily lifestyle. 

This version is more of a novelty or beta product, until the battery life can be improved significantly.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #173 of 193
  TLDR: I am looking forward for the next generation of LEAR BTC-01, with a significant increase in battery capacity.

BTC-01 works great with my Shure SE535, paired with my MBP.

But on iOS devices, in jean's pocket or in satchel bag -- i occasionally encountered audio drops while commuting.

I love LEAR, where the company takes pride and time to be active on this forum; however, 

BTC-01 has a limited 3 hours endurance, making it too cumbersome to keep it charged several times a day.

Based on my usage, i was sure that the battery life (charge capacity) would wear out within months.

Unfortunately i have sold my version of BTC-01 after trying it out for almost a week; it was a fun, but a bad investment.

Maintaining the battery charge was a hinderance and a added inconvenience to my daily lifestyle. 

This version is more of a novelty or beta product, until the battery life can be improved significantly.

Thank you so much for your support and comments.

Regarding the battery duration, we have released a special external battery pack called EXB-01 to help extend the playback time for more then 250 hrs.
(http://www.lear-eshop.com/products/lear-exb-01-4600mah-external-battery-pack-for-btc-01), users can charge the BTC-01 on the go when necessary.

And about the connectivity, it will also depend on the phone's transmission,that's why you have no problem with one but with another ,while you are using with the same BTC-01.

Anyway,we will surely take your words into account for the incoming new products!

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #174 of 193
Hi, thanks for the reply to my post.

Just my constructive feedbacks, hoping LEAR to succeed...

As a user, I would not wish to carry another battery pack just to top up the charge of the btc-01. It's an hassle to take out, plug in, charge it up, then stow it away. I understand that it is a first world problem. I believe that I am a simple user, who like to have gadgets that just works without any inputs requirement from user, let alone worrying about the charge of the btc-01 (every few hours of worrying).

I do already carry at 20,000mah bank to top off (supplement) my iPhone 6P daily while commuting. And that battery pack can last me for days too. I would more likely use it to charge the btc-01. What I am trying to emphasis, is that your compatible battery bank is a very niche product (a temporary product to mitigate the btc-01); hence, the demand will be low (in my humble opinion). The external battery bank's 5000+mAh is also very limited for Plus or XL or tablet users to use too.

In summary, your external battery is not a solution to the btc-01. Your engineers and product designer have to increase the battery capacity of the btc-01 itself; while if possible, to adopt battery saving features (I do not know if there are any tech or methods to reduce battery consumption without sacrificing the usability of this product). Frankly, I do not mind if a few more extra gramms of weight added onto the cable because of higher extended battery capacity.

On the issue of connective reliability, i am using an iphone 6 plus, and the wireless strength should be the "industry standard". Could the interference be due to btc-01 emf shielding problem (battery and transmitter interference)? I do not know. This is not a major issue as of now. The battery is the biggest headache that LEAR's team should focus on.

Cheers!

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #175 of 193
Hi, thanks for the reply to my post.

Just my constructive feedbacks, hoping LEAR to succeed...

As a user, I would not wish to carry another battery pack just to top up the charge of the btc-01. It's an hassle to take out, plug in, charge it up, then stow it away. I understand that it is a first world problem. I believe that I am a simple user, who like to have gadgets that just works without any inputs requirement from user, let alone worrying about the charge of the btc-01 (every few hours of worrying).

I do already carry at 20,000mah bank to top off (supplement) my iPhone 6P daily while commuting. And that battery pack can last me for days too. I would more likely use it to charge the btc-01. What I am trying to emphasis, is that your compatible battery bank is a very niche product (a temporary product to mitigate the btc-01); hence, the demand will be low (in my humble opinion). The external battery bank's 5000+mAh is also very limited for Plus or XL or tablet users to use too.

In summary, your external battery is not a solution to the btc-01. Your engineers and product designer have to increase the battery capacity of the btc-01 itself; while if possible, to adopt battery saving features (I do not know if there are any tech or methods to reduce battery consumption without sacrificing the usability of this product). Frankly, I do not mind if a few more extra gramms of weight added onto the cable because of higher extended battery capacity.

On the issue of connective reliability, i am using an iphone 6 plus, and the wireless strength should be the "industry standard". Could the interference be due to btc-01 emf shielding problem (battery and transmitter interference)? I do not know. This is not a major issue as of now. The battery is the biggest headache that LEAR's team should focus on.

Cheers!

Thanks again for your valued comments!
Hope the next gen of our BT cable will make you happy once available !

Look forward to serve you agian in the near future!

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #177 of 193
  Which codec is your Macbook Pro using?

Mine only uses SBC and not AAC :frowning2:
(you can see it by holding option key while clicking the Bluetooth Symbol and then the lear BTC-01 (while Playing some audio)
Here a screenshot of mine while playing some lossless Music on Tidal Hifi

Too bad i can't determine which codec my iphone 7 is using - but i'm afraid there is SBC used too. Cause on my UM Merlins i have the feeling that they sound not really like it's a high bit rate and/or a good codec but can be i'm only overreacting
(but the battery life is great compared to my bad experience with my Noble BTS and the output is really powerful)

(got my LEAR BTC 01 only yesterday so i wasn't able to do a real quality test yet - maybe on weekend)

After some extensive testing i was not fully convinced by the Audioquality of the Lear BTC 01 in combination with my iPhone 7.

So i had a chat with an old friend i know who is into amateur radio + SDR and such stuff. And he also has a stick wich is capable of  bluetooth sniffing. But he lives far away from me
But i had luck this week cause he had to visit some customers in my area. So i asked him to take the needed equipment with him and so i had the chance to confirm if the BTC 01 uses AAC or SBC.
And it was: SBC :frowning2: 
I tried it with my iPhone 7 on 10.1.1 jailbroken - iPad Air2 on 10.2 also jailbroken. And a iPhone 6 Plus on 10.2.1 not jailbroken and also on 10.3 beta 6 jailbroken. Audio Player was Spotify with extreme Quality and Tidal with HiFi quiality
But never AAC was used. Only SBC. (but on the pro side with a high bit rate)

So i not really know what to think. Maybe my device is not an original BTC 01 from Lear? Cause i got it from HeadfiAudio and not from the Lear shop. (cause shipping is to expensive)
@lear-hk is this possible? Maybe you can check this on the Bluetooth Address you can see in the screenshot from my mac,

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #178 of 193

After some extensive testing i was not fully convinced by the Audioquality of the Lear BTC 01 in combination with my iPhone 7.

So i had a chat with an old friend i know who is into amateur radio + SDR and such stuff. And he also has a stick wich is capable of  bluetooth sniffing. But he lives far away from me
But i had luck this week cause he had to visit some customers in my area. So i asked him to take the needed equipment with him and so i had the chance to confirm if the BTC 01 uses AAC or SBC.
And it was: SBC :frowning2: 
I tried it with my iPhone 7 on 10.1.1 jailbroken - iPad Air2 on 10.2 also jailbroken. And a iPhone 6 Plus on 10.2.1 not jailbroken and also on 10.3 beta 6 jailbroken. Audio Player was Spotify with extreme Quality and Tidal with HiFi quiality
But never AAC was used. Only SBC. (but on the pro side with a high bit rate)

So i not really know what to think. Maybe my device is not an original BTC 01 from Lear? Cause i got it from HeadfiAudio and not from the Lear shop. (cause shipping is to expensive)
@lear-hk is this possible? Maybe you can check this on the Bluetooth Address you can see in the screenshot from my mac,

According to our hardware's date sheet, it should support SBC,MP3 and AAC decoder, however, it seems to receive either SBC or AAC is depends on the transmitter side(players)more than the receiver side(BTC-01),

Hope this link and related information will be helpful for answering your questions :https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6654180?start=0&

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #179 of 193
Too bad. Then i have to go on the search for a perfect Bluetooth solution again :frowning2:

Did some research myself
Seems it's not an easy task for both sides to negotiate the right codec. And some BT Reciever Chips offer many codecs but they aren't used by the receiver whilst other BT Receiver Chips (or firmwares) seem to "force" the other side to use the higher one.

(btw: Noble BTS always used AAC on my iOS devices and apt-x on my Macbook. Seems their Chip perfers/tries to force the "better" codecs per default - But there the latest devices seem to have Battery Problems :frowning2: )

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #180 of 193
I recently tested Lear’s Bluetooth cable. Bluetooth devices are growing in popularity for their comfort and ease of use, specifically for sports like running etc. But most of all, Apple’s decision to remove the headphone jack has a steering effect, driving the rise of more Bluetooth applications. People that wish to continue to use their (c)iems with iphones are also forced to use Bluetooth wires. Westone also makes one, but it’s only offered as mmcx so Lear has an advantage here.

Lear’s Bluetooth cable is incredibly easy to use. You press one long button to connect, and can power it on or off with the same button – pretty much foolproof, even without reading instructions. I’ll have to admit the device is so small and lightweight, you don’t feel it while wearing it, and the connection has been stable so far to my phone.

A Bluetooth device has to have the amp, dac and battery all built in, so it’s almost hard to imagine that this tiny device is creating all the sound, especially if you’re used to using heavy daps as I am. Accordingly, there’s a tradeoff for power which is reflected in the sound. The stage becomes mildly laidback in comparison, as the midrange can lose some of its forwardness in favor for the treble – a common issue related to Bluetooth devices. Personally I don’t listen for extended periods and have a charger at work and home so the battery life is not an issue; for commuting or going to the gym it’s more than fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back