Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Feb 19, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #151 of 193
To be fair, it seems the Bluetooth connection /stuttering problems isn't just caused by our BTC-01, but also the transmitter side,which is the phones or players.
Please feel free to check this out for the comparison(Same BTC-01 but different transmitters) :

​
Poor the connectivity ,poor the sound quality.

Thanks for all your valued comments and feedback!

I don't doubt you've made at least 1 receiver that sounds fine in cherrypicked testing, but this isn't the first Bluetooth receiver I've used either. The difference between a high quality receiver and low quality receiver is going to be present regardless of the transmitter.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #152 of 193
I don't doubt you've made at least 1 receiver that sounds fine in cherrypicked testing, but this isn't the first Bluetooth receiver I've used either. The difference between a high quality receiver and low quality receiver is going to be present regardless of the transmitter.

We understand that you feel unhappy with the BTC-01 .
However,We would appreciate it if you could provide more information, like apple to apple comparison between the BTC-01 with your "High Quality Receiver" and let us know how poor the BTC-01 connection between the high quality one is, it will be more easily for us to resolve your case.

Thanks for your cooperation and valued comments!

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #154 of 193
Agreed even my cheap gym BT iem's (qcy-7's) that use a csr bt 4.1 apt x chipset never had interference issues.

If you can hear the interference with the BT, besides the product is defeated, it is always caused by the low impedance and high sensitivity of the earphone driver.

Just like you plug an earphone to a high power/gain headphone amplifier, the  balanced armature drivers is always more easier to hear the background noise/hiss or hum than dynamic drivers.

Also,please understand that the background noise and distortion threshold of all BT products is always higher than wired products,once your earphone has high sensitivity and low impedance, it is normal to hear the micro details included the noise and distortion.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #155 of 193
We understand that you feel unhappy with the BTC-01 .
However,We would appreciate [COLOR=000000]it[/COLOR] if you could provide more information, like apple to apple comparison between the BTC-01 with your "High Quality Receiver" and let us know how poor the BTC-01 connection between the high quality one is, it will be more easily for us to resolve your case.

Thanks for your cooperation and valued comments!

Previously I've tried out powerbeats, jaybird. They do tend to have Bluetooth receivers that don't stutter from the distance between my head and my pocket.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #156 of 193

If you can hear the interference with the BT, besides the product is defeated, it is always caused by the low impedance and high sensitivity of the earphone driver.

Just like you plug an earphone to a high power/gain headphone amplifier, the  balanced armature drivers is always more easier to hear the background noise/hiss or hum than dynamic drivers.

Also,please understand that the background noise and distortion threshold of all BT products is always higher than wired products,once your earphone has high sensitivity and low impedance, it is normal to hear the micro details included the noise and distortion.

What's the output impedance of the BTC-01? My CIEM's are 45ohms, meaning it should handle an output impedance up to 5.6ohm without any issue.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #157 of 193
Previously I've tried out powerbeats, jaybird. They do tend to have Bluetooth receivers that don't stutter from the distance between my head and my pocket.

The most scientific way to test the product is ,place them at the same distance together at the same time,If you found the connection between the BTC-01 is poor than the BT earphones which you've mentioned, we are more than happy to help to exchange a new one with you,as if talking about the connection distance, they should be almost the same.

We often help our customers to compare their bluetooth products with the BTC-01,  the result is, if the BTC-01 stutter, the others stutter too.

By the way, Bluetooth is a kind of standard technology, the connectivity of the products ,which officially obtain the license and passed the related certification, should be all identical or within the acceptable deviation as well.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #158 of 193

What's the output impedance of the BTC-01? My CIEM's are 45ohms, meaning it should handle an output impedance up to 5.6ohm without any issue.

The output imp of BTC-01 is lower than 0.9 ohm.
However, we are not talking about the ability to drive an earphone, but the sensitivity of an earphone to hear the micro details included the background noise or circuit interference.
The impedance should take into account but  also the sensitivity .

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #159 of 193
The most scientific way to test the product is ,place them at the same distance together at the same time,If you found the connection between the BTC-01 is poor than the BT earphones which you've mentioned, we are more than happy to help to exchange a new one with you,as if talking about the connection distance, they should be almost the same.

We often help our customers to compare their bluetooth products with the BTC-01,  the result is, if the BTC-01 stutter, the others stutter too.

By the way, Bluetooth is a kind of standard technology, the connectivity of the products ,which officially obtain the license and passed the related certification, should be all identical or within the acceptable deviation as well.

I understand the need for standardized testing, but if it doesn't not function as well during day to day use, then I consider it to be not as good. The distance between my pocket and my head has not changed for many years now, so I do not believe there is an unfair advantage for the other products.

While the standards for Bluetooth are well defined in theory, physical implementations can vary in quality and performance. This is true for most standardized things. While the amount of variance may be acceptable for obtaining a license, if it does not translate well to a product then the variance needs to be held to a tighter bound.

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #160 of 193
I understand the need for standardized testing, but if it doesn't not function as well during day to day use, then I consider it to be not as good. The distance between my pocket and my head has not changed for many years now, so I do not believe there is an unfair advantage for the other products.

While the standards for Bluetooth are well defined in theory, physical implementations can vary in quality and performance. This is true for most standardized things. While the amount of variance may be acceptable for obtaining a license, if it does not translate well to a product then the variance needs to be held to a tighter bound.

Totally agree with you!
We aren't perfect, so do our products , that's why we are more than happy to help to exchange another unit for you or any of our customers, when the one on your hand seems not working properly or looks like defeated.

Only one thing we would like to emphasize, the BTC-01 is a product which had passed a lot of testing and comparison between the similar products, it should be work as fine as the other quality products on the market for sure.

When any of our customers found that the BTC-01 is worse than what their similar products is, just let us know and ask for after sales service,we are always more than happy to help!

Thank you so much for your time to share your experiences with us at here!

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #161 of 193
I am in no way an audiophile.  I just like to listen to music and I was looking for a good bluetooth headset with a good fit.  When I heard that I could use my IE80s with a bluetooth adapter I was sold immediately.  I was on the fence between a Noble BTS and the Lear BTC-01 for a while but due to the smaller form factor I purchased a BTC-01 on Feb. 10th and got my pair on the 21st.  Ordering a pair was not easy as PayPal no longer operates in Turkey and I did not want to go through with sending a bank payment which would have been much more costly given the bank charges.  Anyways somehow I opened a US PayPal account which oddly accepted my Turkish credit card info and the order went through.  The customer service was really good with replying to each of my requests - even putting a special option for shipment to Turkey which did not exist prior to my order.  They also declared the value lower than the actual amount in order to avoid customs tax, however I ended up supplying the payment information and paid somewhere around 17US$ more in order to import my BTC-01.  

Overall the built quality is good.  I find the cable longer than I wish it was.  I think the Jaybird Freedom has a much better length.  The connectors fit to my IE80s really really good.    

I only had a connection issue once.  The cable refused to reconnect to my iPhone 6.  I was able to manually connect again.  Other than that no issues so far.  When I put my phone in my backpocket and I wear a jacket, there is stuttering.  When I do not wear a jacket (indoors) there is no problem.  When I have jeans, depending on my location I have some stuttering even if I do not wear a jacket so I am guessing the layers of fabric have a direct effect on the connection quality.  But I think my pair has better connection than the Freedoms as I had trouble maintaining good call quality with the Jaybird headset no matter what I did once I put my phone in any of my pockets.  

The sound quality is good.  But I find the bass a little bit lacking.  I need to crank up the bass on my IEMs however having a 6 months old daughter and a wife with a broken ankle I can not find time for anything else once I am back from work.  The hissing that others have reported is definitely there when the screen comes on.  Once I lock my phone it is gone.  I can't notice it in calls or when I am listening to music so it's all good.  I don't remember this with my Jaybirds but I haven't used them for a while since I hated them for falling out of my ear all the time (don't get me wrong they are good, but just not for me).

The remote is above average.  I would have liked if the buttons were better distinguished by touching.  I constantly mix the volume up and volume down buttons.  Other than that it is pretty standard.  One thing I would want is the ability to disable the BTC-01 reading the caller number.  Although it is a neat future, it is something that should be toggled (maybe it already is, if so please inform me how).

There is no noticable delay in the audio transfer.  I also tried receiving audio from a Avantree Saturn Pro (which has aptX but was not utilized since BTC-01 does not have this feature) set to transmitter mode connected to my PC's headphone jack trying to watch a Youtube video just for the sake of trying.  There was no noticeable lag of any kind.

The battery looks to be ok.  I will have detailed tests comparing it to the Jaybird Freedoms.  If you want extended periods of listening, this will not do for you.  In my opinion carrying an extra battery in not a solution.  Jaybird has an innovative solution for this but the extra pack makes the earphones heavy and causes them to fall out of your ear even more.

So overall I am satisfied with the BTC-01.  For the amount they are charging a small carry pouch might have been a good extra.  This is what I am using: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Sennheiser-Original-525103-Black-leatherette-earphone-storage/B00NGL85VG.  

In the end I will definitely recommend this to anyone looking to buy it.  I will write further impressions once I use them for longer.  Sorry for the wall of text.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #162 of 193
  I am in no way an audiophile.  I just like to listen to music and I was looking for a good bluetooth headset with a good fit.  When I heard that I could use my IE80s with a bluetooth adapter I was sold immediately.  I was on the fence between a Noble BTS and the Lear BTC-01 for a while but due to the smaller form factor I purchased a BTC-01 on Feb. 10th and got my pair on the 21st.  Ordering a pair was not easy as PayPal no longer operates in Turkey and I did not want to go through with sending a bank payment which would have been much more costly given the bank charges.  Anyways somehow I opened a US PayPal account which oddly accepted my Turkish credit card info and the order went through.  The customer service was really good with replying to each of my requests - even putting a special option for shipment to Turkey which did not exist prior to my order.  They also declared the value lower than the actual amount in order to avoid customs tax, however I ended up supplying the payment information and paid somewhere around 17US$ more in order to import my BTC-01.  

Overall the built quality is good.  I find the cable longer than I wish it was.  I think the Jaybird Freedom has a much better length.  The connectors fit to my IE80s really really good.    

I only had a connection issue once.  The cable refused to reconnect to my iPhone 6.  I was able to manually connect again.  Other than that no issues so far.  When I put my phone in my backpocket and I wear a jacket, there is stuttering.  When I do not wear a jacket (indoors) there is no problem.  When I have jeans, depending on my location I have some stuttering even if I do not wear a jacket so I am guessing the layers of fabric have a direct effect on the connection quality.  But I think my pair has better connection than the Freedoms as I had trouble maintaining good call quality with the Jaybird headset no matter what I did once I put my phone in any of my pockets.  

The sound quality is good.  But I find the bass a little bit lacking.  I need to crank up the bass on my IEMs however having a 6 months old daughter and a wife with a broken ankle I can not find time for anything else once I am back from work.  The hissing that others have reported is definitely there when the screen comes on.  Once I lock my phone it is gone.  I can't notice it in calls or when I am listening to music so it's all good.  I don't remember this with my Jaybirds but I haven't used them for a while since I hated them for falling out of my ear all the time (don't get me wrong they are good, but just not for me).

The remote is above average.  I would have liked if the buttons were better distinguished by touching.  I constantly mix the volume up and volume down buttons.  Other than that it is pretty standard.  One thing I would want is the ability to disable the BTC-01 reading the caller number.  Although it is a neat future, it is something that should be toggled (maybe it already is, if so please inform me how).

There is no noticable delay in the audio transfer.  I also tried receiving audio from a Avantree Saturn Pro (which has aptX but was not utilized since BTC-01 does not have this feature) set to transmitter mode connected to my PC's headphone jack trying to watch a Youtube video just for the sake of trying.  There was no noticeable lag of any kind.

The battery looks to be ok.  I will have detailed tests comparing it to the Jaybird Freedoms.  If you want extended periods of listening, this will not do for you.  In my opinion carrying an extra battery in not a solution.  Jaybird has an innovative solution for this but the extra pack makes the earphones heavy and causes them to fall out of your ear even more.

So overall I am satisfied with the BTC-01.  For the amount they are charging a small carry pouch might have been a good extra.  This is what I am using: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Sennheiser-Original-525103-Black-leatherette-earphone-storage/B00NGL85VG.  

In the end I will definitely recommend this to anyone looking to buy it.  I will write further impressions once I use them for longer.  Sorry for the wall of text.

Thank you so much for your support!
We will surely take your words into account and keep improving our products is the near future.
Please enjoy and share your thoughts with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back