Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Jan 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #136 of 193
  So I just received my LEAR BTC-01 and wanna share my experience for anyone interested.

I got the 2 pin version for my Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered. It fits but it's not perfect as there's a little exposed pin area, the lack of a memory wire ear guide is also unfortunate but the provided silicone ear guides kinda work after snipping off some excess length.

All in all it's real solution to go wireless, sound is fine and connectivity is fine.

On the wish list are better battery life and cable, connector upgrades to fit UE custom IEMs better.

Thanks Marc! How would you describe the sound over BT compared to listening to your sources wired?

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #137 of 193

Thanks Marc! How would you describe the sound over BT compared to listening to your sources wired?

I think it's pretty good, I can't hear a significant difference between the two. For reference I am streaming off my Macbook Pro and iPhone 6.

One caveat, I noticed there is some very low level hiss/noise when nothing is playing, I do not know what the cause is. It might be impedance mismatch or bluetooth noise. Though it is easily drowned out once you play audio through.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #138 of 193

Sounds great, thanks! I'm currently using the BT receiver/dac from AT and experience similar hiss. I think it's not a big issue. Curious to see if LEAR make something that fits our UEs a bit better :) 

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #139 of 193

I think it's pretty good, I can't hear a significant difference between the two. For reference I am streaming off my Macbook Pro and iPhone 6.

Which codec is your Macbook Pro using?

Mine only uses SBC and not AAC :frowning2:
(you can see it by holding option key while clicking the Bluetooth Symbol and then the lear BTC-01 (while Playing some audio)
Here a screenshot of mine while playing some lossless Music on Tidal Hifi

Too bad i can't determine which codec my iphone 7 is using - but i'm afraid there is SBC used too. Cause on my UM Merlins i have the feeling that they sound not really like it's a high bit rate and/or a good codec but can be i'm only overreacting
(but the battery life is great compared to my bad experience with my Noble BTS and the output is really powerful)

(got my LEAR BTC 01 only yesterday so i wasn't able to do a real quality test yet - maybe on weekend)

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #141 of 193
Which codec is your Macbook Pro using?

Mine only uses SBC and not AAC :frowning2:
(you can see it by holding option key while clicking the Bluetooth Symbol and then the lear BTC-01 (while Playing some audio)
Here a screenshot of mine while playing some lossless Music on Tidal Hifi

Too bad i can't determine which codec my iphone 7 is using - but i'm afraid there is SBC used too. Cause on my UM Merlins i have the feeling that they sound not really like it's a high bit rate and/or a good codec but can be i'm only overreacting
(but the battery life is great compared to my bad experience with my Noble BTS and the output is really powerful)

(got my LEAR BTC 01 only yesterday so i wasn't able to do a real quality test yet - maybe on weekend)

I can't check right now as my BTC-01 is in the shop for modification to better fit my Ultimate Ears. I imagine it would probably be SBC too. Which is weird as I thought it would be AAC...

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #142 of 193
Joined the club so I can get a word in before I order.

If I am reading correctly, my Shure SE215's are utilizing the MMCX connector? Is that right?

I am probably one of the few that use my IEM's for everything from being on stage to working out. They are amazing IEM's for me. I love them but want to ditch the cord.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #143 of 193
Joined the club so I can get a word in before I order.

If I am reading correctly, my Shure SE215's are utilizing the MMCX connector? Is that right?

I am probably one of the few that use my IEM's for everything from being on stage to working out. They are amazing IEM's for me. I love them but want to ditch the cord.

That's correct

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #144 of 193
That's correct

On a different note, is the cable long enough to wrap over my ears?   From the pictures it's hard to tell if the control part is too close to the end of the cable connection.

My cables run over my ears and down to the middle of my back. I just want to make sure I can still wear my headphones the same way  :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #145 of 193

On a different note, is the cable long enough to wrap over my ears?   From the pictures it's hard to tell if the control part is too close to the end of the cable connection.

My cables run over my ears and down to the middle of my back. I just want to make sure I can still wear my headphones the same way  :)

The cable is long enough, in fact I find it to be a little too long.

If the LEAR guys are listening adding a cinch to tidy up excess cable would be really nice.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #147 of 193
Just curious since these do not have aptX.  If I tried watching a video using the Lear BTC-01, will I have audio delay?  Has anyone tried it out.  I really want to get one to use with my IE80.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #149 of 193
After spending almost $100 USD to get these on to the west coast, I find the bluetooth connection to be stuttering constantly, the wireless buzzing to be more noticeable than I consider to be tolerable (even noticeably bleeding into music), and the battery life to be abysmal. Would not recommend these.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #150 of 193
To be fair, it seems the Bluetooth connection /stuttering problems isn't just caused by our BTC-01, but also the transmitter side,which is the phones or players.
Please feel free to check this out for the comparison(Same BTC-01 but different transmitters) :

​

Poor the connectivity ,poor the sound quality.

Thanks for all your valued comments and feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back