Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Dec 27, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #122 of 193
Okay.  Thanks for the reply!

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #123 of 193
Oh, actually one more question.  I also have the Oppo PM-2.  I'm guessing the 2.5 mm version would work with this, right?  And I don't see anything indicating a 2.5 mm connector in the dropdown.  Which one would that be?

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #124 of 193
  Oh, actually one more question.  I also have the Oppo PM-2.  I'm guessing the 2.5 mm version would work with this, right?  And I don't see anything indicating a 2.5 mm connector in the dropdown.  Which one would that be?

If talking about the BTC-01, it is a bluetooth cable without a 2.5mm plug.
However, we do also upgrade cables with dedicated plugs and connectors,
please let us know if you are interested in ~

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #125 of 193
I've been using the btc for over a month now and I have to say that Bluetooth has a place in my arsenal. It's so great sounding and the convenience is unbeatable when commuting. I'll have a review up soon

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #126 of 193
Have pre Sep 2010 UE11 Pro IEM's which have a 2 prong "Old Style" plug. They also have a little channel notched into the inside of the plug (red arrow). Here is a pic of a pair and a UE Pro link to them:  http://pro.ultimateears.com/replacement-cable-legacy

Does one of the 2 prong plug options you offer fit this and if so which one?

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #127 of 193
Just got an email from Lea'r. 

"Hi, Our standard 2 PIN will work with the old UE11 PRO as well. Thanks for your inquiry! LEAR"

So is that the 2pin CM?  Also does it have the channel/grove/notch cut into one side (see pic in post above)? My UE 11 Pro's have a tab molded into the female plug in the shell that the male 2 pin cable plug must have the notch to fit into. Can anyone confirm this? I would love to make an order.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #128 of 193
  Just got an email from Lea'r. 

"Hi, Our standard 2 PIN will work with the old UE11 PRO as well. Thanks for your inquiry! LEAR"

So is that the 2pin CM?  Also does it have the channel/grove/notch cut into one side (see pic in post above)? My UE 11 Pro's have a tab molded into the female plug in the shell that the male 2 pin cable plug must have the notch to fit into. Can anyone confirm this? I would love to make an order.

Our 2pin should work fine with such a recessed socket .
However, please kindly note that the latest 2 pin version is replaced by the bended design:

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #130 of 193
Will any of the options work with the Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered? And do they have a stiff memory cable at the connector end to go around the ear?

It shouldn't be a problem with any of the two pin connections.  Proprietary ones that probably won't work:
-CKS1100
-AD01/M6Pro
-FLC8s

There's a rumor going around that the TF10 connector will work in the FLC8s, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that the connector is NOT the same, and the TF10 connector will stretch out the ports on the FLC.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #131 of 193
Will any of the options work with the Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered? And do they have a stiff memory cable at the connector end to go around the ear?

Yes it will work with the UERR, but the connector is not same as the UE's original design,as we are using the flat pin type connector.
There is no stiff memory wire around the BTC-01 cable, but it comes with a removable silicone ear hook instead of .

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #132 of 193

Yes it will work with the UERR, but the connector is not same as the UE's original design,as we are using the flat pin type connector.
There is no stiff memory wire around the BTC-01 cable, but it comes with a removable silicone ear hook instead of .

Why aren't you doing a recessed, stiff cable version? Or even a version with a braided cable at a little premium? There are lots of UE customers (like myself) out there, who would jump at the opportunity to get something that sounds and fits nicely. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #133 of 193

Why aren't you doing a recessed, stiff cable version? Or even a version with a braided cable at a little premium? There are lots of UE customers (like myself) out there, who would jump at the opportunity to get something that sounds and fits nicely. 

Surely we will take your words into account and release such a design in the upcoming new products~

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #134 of 193
  Surely we will take your words into account and release such a design in the upcoming new products~

Thanks. I will definitely give the product a shot then. Please also consider to put the essential codecs in there, at least AAC and AptX together. And if at all possible, 5 hours of battery life sounds way better than 3-4 :) 

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #135 of 193
So I just received my LEAR BTC-01 and wanna share my experience for anyone interested.

I got the 2 pin version for my Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered. It fits but it's not perfect as there's a little exposed pin area, the lack of a memory wire ear guide is also unfortunate but the provided silicone ear guides kinda work after snipping off some excess length. Do note that this is because UERR uses a slightly different connector than the standard 2 pins by most other manufacturers.

All in all it's real solution to go wireless, sound is fine and connectivity is fine.

On the wish list are better battery life and cable, connector upgrades to fit UE custom IEMs better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back