Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Dec 3, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #106 of 193
  That subtle hiss/static is currently common to most Bluetooth. Some of it will be on the transmitter side, and some is just the nature of the beast. Apparently, aptX HD is supposed to reduce distortion, but there aren't enough transmitters for me to find out. I have an aptX HD headphone, but the only readily available transmitters are the LG G5 and the LG V20 (the V20 isn't available in Europe). The Lear BTC-01 is cleaner than almost all Bluetooth on the headphone side. When I was using a cheap Bluetooth dongle I had noticeably more hiss and static than when I switched to an Avantree Priva II (Avantree transmitters have always sounded good for me)--I might put a review up of my Avantree Priva II, it is that good. I think that an audiophile brand needs to make a transmitter. MEE has one, but I haven't heard it--the Priva II is less expensive and has more features. I'd like to see @lear-hk make one, as I'm sure they would make a really nice sounding one. There are lots of audiophile Bluetooth receivers now, but the transmission is just as important in my experience.

Make it happen, Lear!

Good to know, thanks for the bluetooth info.

Just curious, was your tight fitting 2-pin the angled 2 pin connector or the straight one?

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #107 of 193

Just curious, was your tight fitting 2-pin the angled 2 pin connector or the straight one?

I have an angled one. I think the straight 2-pin--second from the left in the picture, may be the UE one. UE uses smaller pins. However, I've been told their polarity is different. I'd need a confirmation from @lear-hk on which one is the UE and about the polarity. I've used UE cables on regular 2-pin before, but I probably wasn't supposed to do that.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #108 of 193
  I have an angled one. I think the straight 2-pin--second from the left in the picture, may be the UE one. UE uses smaller pins. However, I've been told their polarity is different. I'd need a confirmation from @lear-hk on which one is the UE and about the polarity. I've used UE cables on regular 2-pin before, but I probably wasn't supposed to do that.

@ExpatinJapan''s reviews don't use UE iems, one is the Advanced AcousticWerkes W300U and the other is the JOMO 6R. They look to be standard 2-pin connectors.

Here's the BTC-01 with Vision Ears VE6 X1, which use the Westone 2-pin connector, using the straight 2-pin connector:

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #110 of 193
Yeah, i have the MMCX now also, and just recently sent the standard two pin version to rudi0504 for review.

I still also have the UE version.

The AAW W300U and JOMO 6R both use a standard 2-pin connector. So in your review of the LEAR, did you use the UE version or the 2-pin? If you used the UE version, did it fit those IEMs without issue? Was it curved or straight?

I was sent the curved version, which was labeled 2-pin and it's way too tight for my 64Audio V3 and A12 (both use a standard 2-pin 0.78mm). Forcing it into my V3 made it super loose with the original cable. It also felt like I was going to break it because I had to push so hard. I'm scared to do that to my A12. I just want to know I was sent the right version.

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #111 of 193
It fitted without any problems

Ue version, straight. I forget if i turned one or the other around because of the different connections. (Maybe thr right side) ..... anyhow i have the MMCX version now so whooo

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #113 of 193
So, my first btc-01 arrived bag out of the box. The volume up/skip forward didn't work at all. I emailed them at midnight (arizona time) on a weekend, and I'm not kidding,i got an email back in under thirty minutes!. They shipped me a replacement that arrived in a few days, and it works without issue.

One thing I really liked is that, when you order it, they let you choose which connectors you want, and there was a lot of choices!. I chose the TF10 connector, since I was looking for something for my FLC8S. Sound is good, it recites the phone number of who is calling (not the name), and it will only connect to one device at a time. Call quality is good, except that it seems to suffer from some cutting in and out on calls (but not with music), which made for some frustrating calls so far. However, the microphone is adjusted right so that it doesn't pick up every single background sound, where the Westone does. Battery does well and its range is pretty good.

All in all, a solid option to make your headphones Bluetooth. It has some good over Westone and some not as good, making them about even. I just wish the TF10 connector was a perfect match with FLC8, but that's not Lear's fault!
One final note,I do notice a very modest bass boost.

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #114 of 193
 ​
 ​
 ​

Since not every portable charger can be used to charge Bluetooth earphones/cables (LEAR BTC-01), therefore the LEAR EXB-01 is born!
Concerned about the duration of our BTC-01(https://goo.gl/QDZ9mG) Bluetooth Earphone Cable?
The EXB-01(https://goo.gl/8eSwMT) would be the best partner with it!
Not to mention it can also work as a Micro SD card reader and OTG external storage for your Smart Phones or Smart DAPs !

Features of the EXB-01:

Specifically made for the LEAR BTC-01 Bluetooth earphone cable, EXB-01 is a portable charger with a huge capacity of 4600mAh, which can charge the BTC-01 for 83 times (approximately 250 hours)!
Besides that, EXB-01 can be used to charge devices which support USB DC 5V, it has no problem at charging even the device has low battery capacity/current, like Bluetooth earphones or related products!
There is a Micro USB and USB Type-A charging cable attached to the charger by default, integrated design, so plugging in a cable for charging is not necessary.
A double output design (1x Micro USB male & 1x USB Type-A female) so it can charge two devices simultaneously.
EXB-01 uses a high quality 4600mAh Li-Polymer battery and includes a Micro SD card reader. Also, it supports OTG (the OTG cable has to be bought separately), so it can act as an external FLASH drive.
The highest output is DC 5V 1.5A, the EXB-01 can charge and be charged at the same time!
The selling price for the EXB-01 is HKD$298, bundle with the BTC-01 at HKD$598 up!

Order the EXB-01 via :https://goo.gl/8eSwMT

For international customers, we only recommend to ship this via surface mail to save your shipping cost,but please note that it will take about 1~2 months to arrive!
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions before or after placing an order!

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #115 of 193
Can you explain to me why this Lear charger is any better than the thousand of other "power banks" I can buy?  
What's the deal with the micro SD card?  I'm not clear on the purpose of that....

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #116 of 193
  Can you explain to me why this Lear charger is any better than the thousand of other "power banks" I can buy?  
What's the deal with the micro SD card?  I'm not clear on the purpose of that....

First of all, not every "power bank" can charge the BTC-01 or related products.
EXB-01 is specially designed to work with BTC-01.

The card reader function can work with your smartphone or smart DAPs to extend their storage via our OTG cable.
or simply plug it into computer and work as a micro sd card reader.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #118 of 193
Also would like to hear about definite support for the UE 18 Pro. What's the quickest way to get these into Europe? EMS?

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #119 of 193

Is there a version that works with the PSB M4U 4?  I have the Westone Bluetooth Cable which works with my SE846, but that doesn't fit with the M4U 4 so it's not a standard MMXC connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back