Intrest in a METRO DC mini meet
Oct 25, 2003 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

A3rd.Zero

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any interest out there in a metro DC mini or full meet? I missed the meet in AUG and it sounds like a few people would be interested.

milo
northern VA

Oct 27, 2003 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Depends on when it is, and where. I'm usually up for a meet. A lot of my gear is not easily transportable, though, which could limit what I would bring.

Oct 28, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 8
I was thinking of the last weekend in NOV or in the begining of DEC.
Im still trying to find a good place, I have some ideas though.

milo

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 8
there is a local HI-FI tube shop thats really small but they have some really cool things. I was going to try and convince them to open on a weekend for several hours or so.

Milo

Oct 30, 2003 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Are you talking about Deja Vu?

PS I'd normally be interested, but we have to be ready for integration by 12/3, so all of November is pretty much out for me.

Nov 2, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes actually I was talking about Deja Vu. They are really great people, I actually havent had the time to talk to them yet but I'm sure that something can be worked out.

Lets shoot for first weekend in Dec.

milo

Nov 2, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 8
They are great people. I can pretty much blame them for my current tube fetish, they really got me started.

Too bad I won't be able to make it -- integration is in early December, so I'll be pretty tapped out then, too. Sorry. I would have liked some of them to have heard some of my tubed headphone amps.

PS Did you ever figure out where they got their name? Three of the original founders were Dave, James (or something like that, something that starts with "Ja"), and Vu. I thought that was pretty brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back