Intona High Speed USB Isolator
May 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #92 of 323
What length is considered short?

The Pagena is 0.5M, the others are/were 0.2 M to 0.3 M...
The Intona is powered by a battery powered PPA v2 card, then from the Intona to a W4S Recovery (battery PS), then to a Tanly XMOS DDC... works perfect using Win2000 server/AO/JPlay .
IIRC, I also tried the Curious link in this chain, worked OK, but I preferred the PPA....

May 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #93 of 323

When did you get your Intona?  I'm just curious because I got mine mid-January and it works fine on an XMOS.

Mine is an early one, serial #53, bought direct from Intona in Germany before the firmware updates.  I am in possession of the their FPGA reprogramming board, just waiting to be told by Daniel where I a supposed to send it next on its American tour. 

May 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #94 of 323

Well the Intona and REGEN accomplish two entirely different things--and they are complimentary to one another.  So it is not an either/or situation, and many people are using the two together--but the REGEN should ALWAYS be the last device, feeding the DAC.  Signal integrity and impedance match are highest that way.

I too have a Geek Pulse among my DACs and can not get my Intona to work at all without the REGEN following it.  Supposedly there is a firmware update to the Intona that fixes that, but I have not looked into sending my unit back to Germany to get it.

I have an Intona just delivered from Germany (with the latest firmware), but it does not like the Geek Pulse XFi.  I do not have the REGEN, and I am using LH Labs 1G cables and/or custom USB cables (all about 1m long). 

I suspect the current out from the Intona is too low to establish the 5v handshake, but I do not have any shorter cables to see if that helps (as suggested by TopQuark). 

I would love to hear the Geek Pulse XFi with the Intona in between.  Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

May 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #95 of 323

I have an Intona just delivered from Germany (with the latest firmware), but it does not like the Geek Pulse XFi.  I do not have the REGEN, and I am using LH Labs 1G cables and/or custom USB cables (all about 1m long). 

I suspect the current out from the Intona is too low to establish the 5v handshake, but I do not have any shorter cables to see if that helps (as suggested by TopQuark). 

I would love to hear the Geek Pulse XFi with the Intona in between.  Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Well I just tried my Intona (with newly updated firmware) with my Geek Pulse and it works fine. (It used to not work with it unless I had a REGEN after the Intona.  That still sounds better anyway.)

May 26, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #96 of 323

I have had the Intona in my system with a Pulse Xfi, using LH Labs 1G, 2G, 10G, Curious Cables and others (.7m to 1m in length, except for a Curious Link), as well and it worked flawlessly, but I do have a Berkeley Alpha in between.  However, the Berkeley does require the 5v handshake.

May 27, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #97 of 323

Well I just tried my Intona (with newly updated firmware) with my Geek Pulse and it works fine. (It used to not work with it unless I had a REGEN after the Intona.  That still sounds better anyway.)

Thanks to SuperDad and TopQuark, I bought a cheap generic USB cable that is 30cm long, and that worked with the Geek Pulse XFi.

So I guess it is an issue of longer cables causing a drop in the current.  Burning in of the Intona unit starts now...

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #98 of 323
MY Audio Pc didn't see my DAC(NAD M51) after connected Intona (industrail) in between. What happened?

First, My PC can recognized DAC. Song can be played. but after a minute, the sound stopped. Then PC didn't recognized my DAC.
I tried to restart, shutdown... but it still happened the same.
What should i do?

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #100 of 323
MY Audio Pc didn't see my DAC(NAD M51) after connected Intona (industrail) in between. What happened?

First, My PC can recognized DAC. Song can be played. but after a minute, the sound stopped. Then PC didn't recognized my DAC.

What should i do?

Try unplugging and plugging the input side of the Intona to reset the power
Try a different short usb cable between the Intona and the DAC

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #104 of 323

What should i do?

Hi,Rony.
Accoring to what I know that Intona can not compatible with some USB cable, you can try to connect one generic usb cable or A/B usb adaptor between Intona and DAC , It should work. As for what kind of usb cable to be applied between the PC and Intona, any cable can work.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #105 of 323
Ooopsss. I forget replying its updated in here. Sorry.
Daniel sent me a new one and everything's fine now.
It's compatible to any cables i have, JCAT reference, AQ forrest (which 3 m. long) and some others.
Now i change my dac to Brooklyn and it also work well.n ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back