Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #811 of 1,037
Actually i also searching for every intime IEMs, cant find much beside sora, sora light, sora 2
graph - 2022-09-19T150439.708.png

You hate this one though.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #812 of 1,037
graph - 2022-09-19T150439.708.png

You hate this one though.
😅 thanks for saving my money.

Wonder why they derail from already great tuning sora original and experiment with other tuning that worse that already successful sora?
They could improving the sora with better tuning and technicalities, that will be killer IEM

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #813 of 1,037
DHL a little faster than usual. Wed. really means Monday. :) The quick pics. The nice thing as expected is that they are small and light as you can see against the KBEAR which is average size not big or small. Thin cable and fixed but no connector just a slender heatshrink as a stress relief. You can see powered by Intime on the box. Out of the box sound impression a bit later. :)
IMG_2060.JPGIMG_2063.JPGIMG_2064.JPG

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #814 of 1,037
Okay. First, I have only had some primitive Piezo earphones from a while back. This is the time and model I felt compelled to jump on the Intime bandwagon. So, unfortunately I won't be the one able to compare the sound to any Sora or other Intime models. Also not into measuring so I don't graph anything.

I love the small size and light weight. I get along with them ergonomically real well. Light cable, good shape, very easy to fit. They have above average isolation once you get a good fit. That leads me to the stock tips. out of the box I can those opinions...
Read the reviews on E-earphone, seems to be a bright iem with big stage and not a lot of bass. "Monitor-like" popped up a lot.

A graph would be nice...
They, with the stock tips are bright leaning and less bass. Monitor is very apt. The stock tips don't seal well and shift them to less bass and brighter. Sounds like their iReep01 would also be a no go for these.

The MA910S(rolls off the tongue) have a neutral amount of bass and leaner sounding tips and devices will push them that way. I think I have three devices perfect to judge. A Sony minidisc for warm, a Cowon Cirrus 43131 powered which is in the middle, and a leaner sounding Ruizu player. I switched to a pair of Phillips 3580 tips and tried with all three. First they easy to drive. They are monitor like and reflect the devices well. Still think they have just enough bass and usable with all three players. Not lacking bass but not adding any above flat. Good bass though. Actually a bit warm tone and it has a weight to it. Tightness and speed and detail are there. What you might expect if you have read the Maestroaudio comments about what they were going for. Nice quality clean bass. Sub-low to mid to high bass is very level. Not a Rosefinch sub boost or a CRA midbass boost. Nothing really boosted just flat and even through all the way up through the mids which are also clean and quality.

Might need more exposure with female vocals but not sibilant and nicely placed neither forward nor recessed. Treble is a bit forward and it is bright to this point. Still not bad. The tuning is nicely done up and down the range. Perhaps the treble could be more inline and toned down but it isn't harsh or seemingly bad for peaks esp. in bad areas like 3K, 5K, or 8K. similar like the bass being quite even but the whole treble range is elevated. Not up enough that I am looking to lower on any player. Perfect for the Sony, Cowon it can be bright or surprisingly tame as I was going through preset EQ to see how they MA910S responded. A bit bright but tolerable with the Ruizu player but that is a lean player. Can't use the Cat ear Meow with it and a couple of other earphones that can be harsh. I could live with the "Maestro"(let's go with that) with the Ruizu player fine. The earphones again, are right in between not adding nor lacking bass amount.

That stage. It is quite large and it is spacious. A smidge less depth so far than width or height but close to even in the three dimensions. They also imaging extremely well. Monitor is again very apt. You have everything in the right places and spaced and distinct to be able to "monitor" what you might want in the soundscape. The decent amount of air helps with the clarity. The tightness of notes also helps as well. So again these can be label monitor for clarity similar to how monitor speakers do it with flatness of response, separation, and good note weight with no bloat or smear.

The Maestro are quite easy to drive. Nothing that won't power them. you do need power for more bass and feel to come out. They will always have some weight and texture to the sound but won't be vicseral and have the feel without more juice. The bass even unamped is pretty complete and quite satisfying even with a light feel.

Not sure they will change much but I will note any changes and test with more tips. Very happy with them. Pretty much what I expected them to sound like and, like those early reviews mostly said, they belong in a higher price range. Great ability and very good but not perfect tuning. Could be perfect slanted a bit more to the bass but it might just depending on what you are pairing them with and/or your desired sound.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #815 of 1,037
Not that they are horrible. Not among the best and I would not use them over a half dozen other types I have. Even on Nuarl earphones. They really made the bass on the N6 Pro 2 muddy and lose detail. Block Ear + are well made but only for some thin low bass earphone you might want to beef up. Just for Japan brands they are behind Sony, Radius, JVC, and Final for tip quality.
They works for me with BQEYZ but maybe not so much with others.
Spiral dots are actually hard to use in my case, which is why I said that it all depends on the ear shape + IEM.

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #816 of 1,037
They works for me with BQEYZ but maybe not so much with others.
Spiral dots are actually hard to use in my case, which is why I said that it all depends on the ear shape + IEM.
Funny you should mention Spiral Dots. I found a set of the SD+ and they tame the treble on the Maestro some and make them more balanced. Some other plain JVC do nice as well. Did I mention I really need to go to L for this earphone. I am really a M/L in between and can use both. M don't seal as well so I went to L. Most likely due to the small size. On the plus side they are good for pillow use. They might only start to stick out on me if I use L and long tips like Earfits. Low profile is good I will have to test that on the next windy day.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #817 of 1,037
Funny you should mention Spiral Dots. I found a set of the SD+ and they tame the treble on the Maestro some and make them more balanced. Some other plain JVC do nice as well. Did I mention I really need to go to L for this earphone. I am really a M/L in between and can use both. M don't seal as well so I went to L. Most likely due to the small size. On the plus side they are good for pillow use. They might only start to stick out on me if I use L and long tips like Earfits. Low profile is good I will have to test that on the next windy day.
I'm talking about the fit not the sound.
Proper seal is top priority. Some IEM needs M others need a higher/lower size.
Weird but that's how it goes.

But enough about tips, this isn't the place for it.

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #818 of 1,037

Same. I use spinfit cp100+ now for main eartips. The material is bit tacky / sticky but not too much like xelastec for example. This material provides great seal even if you pull it, it will have sticky feeling to ensure full seal. Also they are comfy. Other advantage is they make high extension more "correct" with its placement (lot of eartips made the treble extension shifted little bit)
*edited : received spinfit W1 right after i wrote about cp100+, the W1 is tackier / stickier than CP100+ with little bit bigger bore, so tonality is similar with CP100+ with little bit emphasize on 4-5khz and higher extension, just a little bit. Another suggestion also, they are great.

Btw I've read all 55 pages since Im officially joined this club lol

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #819 of 1,037

Why do you have to act like that. I'm done sorry people. I'm out. This isn't the place to talk about how tips affect a new intime sub brand earphone only if you are being one of those guys. I'm am not in the mood for it. Later people sorry.

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #820 of 1,037
Why do you have to act like that. I'm done sorry people. I'm out. This isn't the place to talk about how tips affect a new intime sub brand earphone only if you are being one of those guys. I'm am not in the mood for it. Later people sorry.
Chill out buddy maybe he just little bit sensitive about the thread topic or having bad day. Im sure he didn't mean to be rude at all.
Anyway discussing or finding best tips for intime IEM will help intime user too.
Chill guys

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #821 of 1,037
EhrfQ27XYAE9yB0.jpg

These are my favourite tips. does anyone here know why theyre getting discontinued? their website also seemed to change, now they say its a computer cable store and the logo changed as well (wasnt like this before when i last visited). 😔

Sep 24, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #822 of 1,037
Does anyone know anything about these Sora variants? Found on Taobao apparently (not by me). Are they tuned somehow slightly differently and are they worth pursuing, or do they just have fancy housing?

909E52F3-C132-465C-B248-FA995E47C09C.jpeg
3601C0F7-537D-4CDB-A2A5-7A1697762AB3.jpeg4FE36D68-FBF3-41B0-862E-BC979E2DAF46.jpeg

Sep 24, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #824 of 1,037
Does anyone know anything about these Sora variants? Found on Taobao apparently (not by me). Are they tuned somehow slightly differently and are they worth pursuing, or do they just have fancy housing?

909E52F3-C132-465C-B248-FA995E47C09C.jpeg
3601C0F7-537D-4CDB-A2A5-7A1697762AB3.jpeg4FE36D68-FBF3-41B0-862E-BC979E2DAF46.jpeg

They are limited Sora variants AFAIK,

the Sora antique - Brass version and The Sora Midnight (midnight sky which is full black?)
The Sora Midnight have different tuning with original Sora, not sure with the brass version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back