Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Feb 21, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #721 of 1,037
It'll gonna take a while.

Can confirm that vocals are definitely next level or 2.
The updated drivers are real & noticeable. The probably use an updated DD driver too?
Tonality wise they're bit different to Nagi in some parts.
I might be mistaken on this but the Imaging is 360 deg?
But as usual the fit still sucks, for me anyways.

One thing for sure, no regret getting this set unlike chi-fi crap.
One reviewer did mention about the 360 soundstage on e-earphone and that sounds interesting enough!

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #724 of 1,037
Mar 2, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #726 of 1,037
Mar 14, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #730 of 1,037
Any plan to do the FR comparison? To Nagi maybe @zenki ?
We'll see.

Those who are interested in Miyabi may want to hold for a moment.
I just found out mine had discolouring (black spots + green rust) already and it's only <~1 month.

If you have Nagi and it's has no physical/audio after 6 months then it's probably safe to get Miyabi.

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #731 of 1,037
We'll see.

I just found out mine had discolouring (black spots + green rust) already and it's only <~1 month.

If you have Nagi and it's has no physical/audio after 6 months then it's probably safe to get Miyabi.
I think it might be the brass portion, not reacting well to humidity

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #732 of 1,037
We'll see.

I think it might be the brass portion, not reacting well to humidity
Yes, I believe it's due to oxidation of brass, simillar to oxidation of silver where you can see some silver plated cables turning green. My cheap silver plated cables have this but I don't notice any sound degradation yet.

Btw, what happend if you clean the green spot? Will there be visible pitting on the brass?

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #733 of 1,037
Yes, I believe it's due to oxidation of brass, simillar to oxidation of silver where you can see some silver plated cables turning green. My cheap silver plated cables have this but I don't notice any sound degradation yet.

Btw, what happend if you clean the green spot? Will there be visible pitting on the brass?
I think u can use a tiny bit of Brasso or even toothpaste to polish it. If you are gentle it shouldn't cause any pitting

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #734 of 1,037
We'll see.

There's always an upkeep when dealing with brass and copper. Can you post photos so we can see the type of brass that they may be, close ups would be appreciated. I doubt that they're using naval brass which is the better/best brass type or maybe they do (long shot but hoping)

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #735 of 1,037
Nagi use silverish brass. That one got black spots only but the sound already degraded. :sweat:
Miyabi use yellowish brass. Got black spots on the body + green rust on the inner + outer lip nozzle.
The question is will this be alright? Will it affect the sound and is it safe for use? (because the green rust actually peels off and it's kinda sticky)

3kl4j5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back