Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Feb 21, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #901 of 1,071
Hey all. So I have the Sho DD and has paired it with a OCC+SPC hybrid cable. The sound is brilliant. Big Bold Bass, clear mids, smooth and clear treble.

However, in times I am craving for some more treble crispness. Will the Intime Miyabi satisfy that craving? There is a MIyabi Mk.II coming also this year, so might get that.
I have the Miyabi and I would say the treble are sparkly but polished. The highest registers are extended but can get a little splashy and in some situations feels detached, could be how that ceramic tweeter is crossed. Just not my sound preference. I rarely use them and at one point was trying to sell it. I use them mostly but not all the time for sleeping at very low volumes as it's overall sound signature is on the polished side. The quality and finish of the brass isn't quite good and is and oxidizes fast. Needs a good wiping before storing and has to be stored with tip off.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #902 of 1,071
I have the Miyabi and I would say the treble are sparkly but polished. The highest registers are extended but can get a little splashy and in some situations feels detached, could be how that ceramic tweeter is crossed. Just not my sound preference. I rarely use them and at one point was trying to sell it. I use them mostly but not all the time for sleeping at very low volumes as it's overall sound signature is on the polished side. The quality and finish of the brass isn't quite good and is and oxidizes fast. Needs a good wiping before storing and has to be stored with tip off.
Why does it need to be stored with tip off?

Does the oxidisation go away with wiping?

Feb 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #903 of 1,071
Why does it need to be stored with tip off?

Does the oxidisation go away with wiping?
Tip off or oxidation will develop under the silicone.
Needs a good wiping and or buffing in some cases to remove oxidation (green oxidation build up)

089BB103-41DF-4D87-A740-938890439FB5.jpeg

This is how it looks after 3 days of use and just wiping. It needs to be buffed again. If the brass would have been a better quality and mirror polished than wiping would have just developed into a nice patina while keeping its luster. I know this as I have a lot of things that are copper and brass.
May main concern is the oxidation inside the chamber as the Miyabi’s brass is definitely not sealed and or lacquered when I got them new.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #904 of 1,071
Needs a good wiping and or buffing in some cases to remove oxidation (green oxidation build up)

089BB103-41DF-4D87-A740-938890439FB5.jpeg
This is how it looks after 3 days of use and just wiping. It needs to be buffed again. If the brass would have been a better quality and mirror polished than wiping would have just developed into a nice patina while keeping its luster. I know this as I have a lot of things that are copper and brass.
May main concern is the oxidation inside the chamber as the Miyabi’s brass is definitely not sealed and or lacquered when I got them new.
Thanks a lot for this advice. Looks like I will have to steer clear from the Miyabi. Will go for Kira or Todoroki instead.

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #905 of 1,071
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #906 of 1,071

Which is why you'll need miyabi mk2
:k701smile:

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #907 of 1,071
Which is why you'll need miyabi mk2
:k701smile:
I know I've only tried the Miyabi but I think these, Intime, are meant to be played in a polite manner to really enjoy them. Feeding and or pushing it up a bit on the power it starts to unravel in a not so good way. I may consider them in the future as I like how small they are that it found it's place into my "sleep with it" iem. Oddly enough, I've been using the Vesna more and more as my sleep iem as I can pretty much push them hard whenever and let it play in whisper volumes.

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #908 of 1,071
4762166E-75CB-4855-B843-C044E6224DC6.jpeg

Another data point for the Miyabi :)

Mine has survived relatively well, mainly because it’s the only IEM I store in an actual dry cabinet, after reading about the oxidisation issues (even the TOTLs are just stored in Pelican cases with silica gel). Nothing that wrong with Miyabi treble but I’d go for Kira for a bit more treble crispness. Less maintenance too.

Can’t say I tried pushing Miyabi hard, but I especially enjoy OG Sora with the Dethonray DTR1+, which probably has one of the more powerful 3.5mm outputs around. One of my favourite pairings in fact.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #912 of 1,071
Been trying to look for a Miyabi vs Sora comparison with no luck...

Apr 2, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #914 of 1,071
I am at an impasse. I was looking for intime earphones on e-earphone, and found newly listed used Yo. As I recall, Intime made Yao Yo, an iem on collaboration with e-earphone, and which is listed on ect.com.hk. However, the one on e-earphone looks different than the one on ect

413192_520374.jpg

e-earphone. https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1361055/2069/
61b05967c4d1e.jpg

ect https://www.ect.com.hk/en/yo-hk-edition-intime

Can someone tell me if they are the same, and just recolours?
I couldn't say for sure if it's the same but they've done the same for Kira where they have the special version green Kira. If the HK version has the same configuration of VST2 and HDSS with titanium housing then it probably is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back