Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Dec 5, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #647 of 1,037
I agree on most part of your impression of YO except maybe on the soundstage. I'll try to provide simple comparison of YO with Nagi and Kira.

Sound Signature:
To compare Yo with Kira is much easier. Kira is this iem with sparkly treble and meaty mids which is quite resolving but not an all rounder in terms of music genre, at least for me. Whereby Yo and Nagi is balanced/neutral with punchier bass and smoother treble in Yo but Nagi has slightly extended treble. When switching between Yo and Nagi, I couldn't decide if I like it more with punchier bass or extended treble but I do wish Yo has slight extension on the treble. Having said that, Yo have better clarity in a sense that I could hear sounds that I don't normally hear in some songs but when I went back to Nagi, it is there but not as clear as how Yo makes it to be. Maybe due to better separation? I don't know but both Yo and Nagi is an all rounder in terms of music genre.

Soundstage and separation:
Kira and Nagi have the same soundstage and separation. For me the vocal and instruments are slightly pulled back but more or less on the same row/plane. Whereas for Yo, the separation and left-right panning is very good. Yes the vocal and some instruments can be very intimate but it can put other instruments/sounds quite far back/left/right. For example, a song begin with some sampler which sounds quite far back and suddenly I was knocked out when the kick drum sounds was in my face. And few times when there're sounds of chair/mic being moved in the songs, I was searching around the room for it as it sounds quite far back/left/right.

In short, Yo is simillar to Nagi but with better layering/soundstage. I do like the punchier bass in Yo but kind of miss the treble in Nagi, Kira and Sora 2. It is not apparent when I'm using Yo as my daily driver though and indeed the sound layering on Yo is fun especially when you wouldn't know where the sounds will be placed at first hearing.
I've been using Yo from 4.4mm balanced output for a week or so and it does improve especially in terms of clarity but comparison wise with Nagi, I'll still stand by my impression above. But last night, I switched the balanced output to high gain mode without much expectation (because I've tried this with my other IEMs and I could only noticed slight difference) and the treble is elevated! I might need to test on few other songs but since the switch to high gain is immediate, the difference is noticeable. So if this is true, I believe it does scale well with power. I haven't compare it with Nagi at balanced high gain though.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #648 of 1,037
Hello everybody,
What is the best Intime model for a bass-head? Preferably with good midst too.

Dec 17, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #650 of 1,037
Might be the unique bass model or go or miyabi
Intime Sora Light Unique Bass is a brand new model. I don't think anybody has it here yet. Thus, it's a pig in a poke. GO is 3 to 4 times more expensive than Sora light 2019. Is the difference in the SQ worth it? I mean the difference in price. They said that the base in Sora Light 2019 is good enough even for a bass-head.

Dec 17, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #652 of 1,037
Intime Sora Light Unique Bass is a brand new model. I don't think anybody has it here yet. Thus, it's a pig in a poke. GO is 3 to 4 times more expensive than Sora light 2019. Is the difference in the SQ worth it? I mean the difference in price. They said that the base in Sora Light 2019 is good enough even for a bass-head.
I actually have the Intime X which was a lottery pick some time ago. I also have the unique bass coming. I'll see what the differences are. the Sho DD has the most out of all of them.

Dec 17, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #653 of 1,037
Sora Light 2019 is a basshead set.
That's what I was told too. I guess I'll order it one of these days. Hope rather soon. May be next Monday. The system is not quite easy at buyee.jp. Otherwise there's no way to buy it in Canada. Amazon.com does not deliver it here. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #655 of 1,037
Dec 17, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #656 of 1,037
I found mine on eBay. Give it a go. They feel like having subwoofers in your ear. The great thing about them is that the treble is great too.
And if you think they have toouch bass, try the vent mod and they become really really good and versatile.
I love intime for its treble. What will the vent mod do to the bass? It will become less extended?

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #658 of 1,037
I love intime for its treble. What will the vent mod do to the bass? It will become less extended?
The treble is divine and not sibilant. They have great instrument separation. In stock form they are bass canons. With the mods they are very versatile and the great treble works great for classical music, electro, and anything in between.

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #660 of 1,037

Users who are viewing this thread

Back