Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Nov 27, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #632 of 1,037
I'm using Apple dongle rn but planning on buying a qudelix 5k soon. Do they scale will with power?
I can't give a definite answer to this question but personally i belive so. When driving with phone outputs, it tends to sound worse than a lot of entry level chifi iems. Even the output on my a55 was bottlenecking the iem. I tried ifi zen dac v2 with sora light and it really shocked me. I do feel its very good but at that point sora light's vocals still won't give you the resolution and body compared to the other intimes, but well its 50 dollars

Not sure particularly why you have the apple dongle but it's honestly overrated in the audio scene due to some certain communities.

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #633 of 1,037
samune_thumb.jpg

YA coming in a couple of weeks. Said to be a Ko/Roar upgrade.

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #634 of 1,037
I can't give a definite answer to this question but personally i belive so. When driving with phone outputs, it tends to sound worse than a lot of entry level chifi iems.
This statement also applies to Sora 2. It sounded worse than my Tin T4 but it will sound better than T4 when paired with WM1A. I praise the T4 for its sound layering despite the source but Sora 2 wins in other aspects when paired with 1A.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #635 of 1,037
Okay after one whole night of Nagi vs Yo, I'll try to give a simple and less emotional impression.
Out of the box, sounds very similar. Will be hard to tell the difference without AB-ing.
Requires very less burn in. initially the treble was a bit grainy and blur but within no time it should sound just like intended
I'll be comparing Yo and Nagi with both stock 07 tips with my source Aune s6>AudioGd NFB1

Imaging
-It has a more intimate/engaging/in your face imaging compared to Nagi. I've tested with some songs and found that Yo's soundstage can go far if it wants to( basically purposely giving it songs with far instruments) but most of the time, it's intimate presentation will force a lot of instruments forward compared to Nagi. I do still believe that Nagi's soundstage is wider than Yo. I personally do feel that Yo has a better left right sense and can feel very nice on panning instruments, making it fun on a lot of songs. Nagi on the other hand feels quite a lot more open. If you do agree with my findings you will probably find yourself spending a lot of time changing back and forth trying to figure out which one you prefer.
Treble
-No, I do not find Kira's sparkle here albeit online sources saying its a Kira Go baby. Yo definitely has a lot of treble, and don't worry it'll feel just at home if you liked kira or Nagi. It's not as sibilant and peaky as Nagi's treble so it does make it a tad bit more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, the treble is good but it doesn't carry kira's sparkle or Nagi's extended thin sibilant treble.
Bass
-Out of the box you will probably feel that the Yo has a bit more punch on the bass. Its not a huge addition that makes it bloaty, it just feels like a bit more punch compared to Nagi. Like Kira and Nagi, Yo has less sub. After AB-ing, Yo seems to have a bit more sub bass compared to Nagi but that could be what i feel due to the closer imaging on Yo

Conclusion
-Slightly less treble and slightly punchier bass compared to Nagi. I personally feel that the main thing to focus on is the different style of imaging and intimacy that Yo provides. Personally it depends on the songs. There are some songs which sound better open with Nagi and there's some songs that sound good up in your face. I had an incredible night of stuffing Yo into my face. The intimacy makes it engaging, immersive and if i can say, emotional on some songs. And no i do not feel any driver flex. Due to the different imaging style they have, i am not able to confidently say which has better seperation but probably Yo.
I agree on most part of your impression of YO except maybe on the soundstage. I'll try to provide simple comparison of YO with Nagi and Kira.

Sound Signature:
To compare Yo with Kira is much easier. Kira is this iem with sparkly treble and meaty mids which is quite resolving but not an all rounder in terms of music genre, at least for me. Whereby Yo and Nagi is balanced/neutral with punchier bass and smoother treble in Yo but Nagi has slightly extended treble. When switching between Yo and Nagi, I couldn't decide if I like it more with punchier bass or extended treble but I do wish Yo has slight extension on the treble. Having said that, Yo have better clarity in a sense that I could hear sounds that I don't normally hear in some songs but when I went back to Nagi, it is there but not as clear as how Yo makes it to be. Maybe due to better separation? I don't know but both Yo and Nagi is an all rounder in terms of music genre.

Soundstage and separation:
Kira and Nagi have the same soundstage and separation. For me the vocal and instruments are slightly pulled back but more or less on the same row/plane. Whereas for Yo, the separation and left-right panning is very good. Yes the vocal and some instruments can be very intimate but it can put other instruments/sounds quite far back/left/right. For example, a song begin with some sampler which sounds quite far back and suddenly I was knocked out when the kick drum sounds was in my face. And few times when there're sounds of chair/mic being moved in the songs, I was searching around the room for it as it sounds quite far back/left/right.

In short, Yo is simillar to Nagi but with better layering/soundstage. I do like the punchier bass in Yo but kind of miss the treble in Nagi, Kira and Sora 2. It is not apparent when I'm using Yo as my daily driver though and indeed the sound layering on Yo is fun especially when you wouldn't know where the sounds will be placed at first hearing.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #637 of 1,037
Dec 1, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #641 of 1,037
miyabi? Just skimmed through the translated text, so there might be inaccuracies
@mochill How did you order? Through proxy or something else?
This link
https://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/shop/g/g200000061726

After I clicked , a pop up window for worldshopping came up saying for international shipping , I added it to the cart of it and payed Thur PayPal, now I'm waiting for it to arrive at warehouse and then gotta pay for shipping

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #642 of 1,037
1638421318169.png
1638421345935.png

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #643 of 1,037

Ao (SORA) Light Unique Bass​

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #644 of 1,037
miyabi? Just skimmed through the translated text, so there might be inaccuracies
@mochill How did you order? Through proxy or something else?

Ao (SORA) Light Unique Bass​

auto pop up window
1638421556452.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back