Interview with Bowers & Wilkins - An Engineer's Perspective
Sep 23, 2016 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JohnC-HiFi

New Head-Fier

We went down the road to visit B&W and spoke to the chaps who work the magic there. Take a look!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 9
My favorite overall product. Really wish they'd come out with a new totl headphone, I know they've the ability to. $1k P9??!?!?! I'm ready for the announcement B&W!!!

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 9
Sounds like maybe you know something we don't about a new model .... Or maybe we do know about the imminent release of a completely redesigned Bowers and Wilkins audiophile headphone, I just couldn't possibly say ......yet!

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Sounds like maybe you know something we don't about a new model .... Or maybe we do know about the imminent release of a completely redesigned Bowers and Wilkins audiophile headphone, I just couldn't possibly say ......yet!

Nope, only speculation and a wish of mine.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 9
The hifiheadphones team were recently invited along to the Bowers & Wilkins R&D department as you can see in the video and I can assure you the engineers have not only been spending time tweaking and improving the current headphone line up, but they have also spent the last 18 months working on a completely redesigned B&W audiophile headphone, unlike any of the current models. We were given the chance to try out the final prototype version and I can tell you, it was awesome!

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 9
The hifiheadphones team were recently invited along to the Bowers & Wilkins R&D department as you can see in the video and I can assure you the engineers have not only been spending time tweaking and improving the current headphone line up, but they have also spent the last 18 months working on a completely redesigned B&W audiophile headphone, unlike any of the current models. We were given the chance to try out the final prototype version and I can tell you, it was awesome!

*arms getting chill bumps* can you relate any relation to its comparison to Oppo's PM-1 model headphone?

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 9
  We will be give you more details soon, but your suggestion that it is close to the OPPO PM-1 is not that far off the truth.

My friend; It's been 4 years since I've heard my dream sound signature of the B&W brand. I purchased the P3's and then later when the P7 was announced I very shortly after they were launched purchased them. Ever since then I've been dreaming of a TOTL product with that sound and the closest I've found is the PM-1. The P7, has been my reference headphone I always turn back to (and they're by no means my most expensive product I own) because of how amazing they are for their price. But with that single statement, I will hold off on a PM-1 purchase that I've been saving up for 7 months for; but please, dear goodness please don't tease me for long cause I've been awaiting a possible TOTL B&W announcement for years. I'm getting married tomorrow (01OCT) and don't tell my soon to be wife, but I just may be more excited for this (but seriously, don't tell her ;P)! 

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 9
YYYEEESSSSS!!! Dear baby I called it!!! These beauties are beautiful! Really wish I could have some time with to compare them to the pm1 before I pull the trigger :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back