Internet Explorer "https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page" in the return page drop-down menu.
Jan 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fatcat28037

Headphoneus Supremus
I realize this is an IE problem and it exists on Head-Fi because HF used Google ads. This Google page shows up as many as six times in the return menu after EVERY thread I click on. It makes navigating back a royal pain in the *****. I've search the web and found only fixes that don't work. Can anyone suggest how to eliminate this?

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 12
It happens every time I move from a Forum page to a thread. When I clicked to this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/428570/woo-audio-amp-owner-unite and then looked in the drop-down history menu (upper left) there were 3 occurances of of to "googleads.doubleclick" link between the "Woo thread" and "Forums". 

I'm running XP Pro & IE8, both are up-to-date.

Thanks for your help............Alex

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Today the "doubleclick" link appears 9 times  in the drop-down menu after each thread I go to. This effectively bumps the forum I want to go back to off the the menu. The only way to get to the forum is to go to the History tab. I've started using Chrome in place of IE but would prefer to use IE. I can't believe I'm the only Head-Fier with this problem. Has anyone taken a look at this? 

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 12
fatcat28037, are you still seeing an issue?

I've tried today to re-create this, and unfortunately haven't been able to do so, nor has members of the technical team.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, and restart your browser?

Have you had this issue in IE9?  Is it possible to upgrade?

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 12
I am having this problem.  Looking at the history menu while viewing this thread for example - there are sixteen pages of googlead.g doubleclick that I would have to back up through.  I would say six or seven is usually the minimum and it is often in the 14-16 range.  A lot of sites have one or two, but this is the only site I have encountered with this kind of problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back